HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 4 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 7 | 7 PM

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
ECQF Game 4 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 7 | 7 PM

Part 1 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1420983

Carry on

Old
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
JTROCKS

Practice the PP tmor, and staying away from Crosby--- staring at him might get you 5 min major

Old
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Potvinscup5

I agree with isles junkie put Martinek in there. Strait has been given some penalties that have costed us.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
simbo042

vCash: 50
From the last thread, quote: "I bleed Islander's blue, but they NEVER win decisively, it's always by one goal. I think their goal is to give us all heart attacks like the last 2 games, and the last half of the season."

I think it's working!

Old
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Hipietro

Just got back from the game. I can't hear anything or speak, voice is completely shot.

Our worst fears came true, the game was decided on a ******** call. Congrats to the NHL and Bettman's bunch.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Just got back from the game. I can't hear anything or speak, voice is completely shot.

Our worst fears came true, the game was decided on a ******** call. Congrats to the NHL and Bettman's bunch.
That's far from my worst fears. That's just what i expected actually. my fears was that there'd be no line changes.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Extremely happy with the way our guys never gave up...feel like the game was taken from us but in all honesty all of our players HAVE to know the crybaby is gonna get any type of call if you touch him. We have to adjust to that because we cant give them powerplays anymore if we wanna win the series

Old
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Islander Prophet

we are getting killed on the special teams. Our PP is awful and theirs scores all the time. Need to fix that.

And would someone please hit that Crosby so hard he goes home to cry once and for all

Old
05-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

I'm pissed off. I'm bitter. The Islanders earned a win and didn't get it.

But you know what? That's not a bad thing. They KNOW they have what it takes to not only hang with the Pens, but beat them. By far the biggest difference between these Islanders and the ones of the past are that after games like this, they don't mope around and say woe is me. They come back angry, energized, and playing their best hockey. Look what happened after that Ottawa game when many people say we got screwed out of a win. They went on the streak that propelled them into the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I would not in the least be surprised to see the Islanders come out on a level we've never seen before on Tuesday and win in dominant fashion. This is their time, they earned it, now they're going to go out and take it.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Islander Prophet

I really hope our team uses this hard loss to come out HUGE in game 4. The next game is now a must win game and hopefully we keep that high energy to show the Pens this series will be a difficult one

Old
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander Prophet View Post
And would someone please hit that Crosby so hard he goes home to cry once and for all

Do you want your whole team to be forced to forfeit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey Hockey View Post
I'm pissed off. I'm bitter. The Islanders earned a win and didn't get it.

But you know what? That's not a bad thing. They KNOW they have what it takes to not only hang with the Pens, but beat them. By far the biggest difference between these Islanders and the ones of the past are that after games like this, they don't mope around and say woe is me. They come back angry, energized, and playing their best hockey. Look what happened after that Ottawa game when many people say we got screwed out of a win. They went on the streak that propelled them into the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I would not in the least be surprised to see the Islanders come out on a level we've never seen before on Tuesday and win in dominant fashion. This is their time, they earned it, now they're going to go out and take it.
Agreed with this, I'm not so confident in our play. Watching how the Isles played after these kind of games this year has me worried, there's no doubt in my mind that you guys will look better than you did today in game 4, the question is if the Penguins can match it.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
19NYSports91

Awesome game to go to, too bad the Refs had to ruin it with inconsistent calls..It sucks because the Isles completely outplayed them 5 on 5. Whatever, lets get game 4.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Macch

Loved a lot of what I saw today. I really hope this is he team we see for years to come.

I can't get over how good KO has been. I think it's time he takes Boyes spot on the PP.

Really like Carkner in his limited minutes, but it's time to sit Strait and bring in Martinek.

This loss stings a lot. But they've shown they can bounce back.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
islesfan186

Just got back from the game... Needless to say it was heartbreaking. Special teams so far is a disaster. 1 PP goal for and what like 5-6 against? Also, nabby really needs to step the **** up. What's his series S%...it's gotta be .810
I'm now 0-4 in the playoffs. Looking to not go 0-5 come Tuesday. I know I'm. Stating the obvious but the 7th is win or bust

Old
05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Isles1983

They had the game on in the restaurant where we went to dinner. You dont know how badly I wanted to yell and curse when we lost. I had to hold it in. What a let down that we came back and tied it the way we did and then lost it in OT. However I am SO tired of us ALWAYS getting a penalty in OT and choking. It happens every time.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:18 PM
GilliesGirlie

I think they win Tuesday and go back to Pittsburgh tied. Kyle Okposo has been amazing, hopefully JT will have a amazing game Tuesday.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
i just got back from the game.. it is killing me that we lost. I took my wife to her first playoff game and we played hard and out shot them all game long. The refs in OT killed us.. i am so pissed off right now.

If we play like this on Tuesday minus the penalties we win easy!!

PS - I hate to say this.. Nabakov is a terrible post season goalie!! Now I know why San Jose has never won anything!!

Old
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Bert Marshall days

Growing up before our eyes. Great to see

Ya know ya have to beat the refs to beat pens

Even roenick and milbury said it was a bad call. Garbage

Old
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Isles1983

Would be wrong of me say I hope Crosby breaks his other jaw or something else so he can be out again?

Old
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't think we should stay the course with the lineup next game. I saw two evenly matched teams out there today. I think there are two tweaks that could work magic for the Islanders.

Switch Strait for Martinek. Strait has been good. Not saying he's a scapegoat at all. But I think Martinek can be better. With the way we were scored on today, I think it's clear working a defensive defenseman in would be a good idea.

Second, and a little more radical. Put Bailey back on the second line and Moulson on the first with JT again. Switch Boyes and Okposo. With the way Okposo is playing right now, putting him with Tavares could pay explosive dividends in offensive production.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:32 PM
IslesFan23

They still need to be more physical. The shouldn't be afraid to hit along the boards. Strait had a chance to check Crosby before getting called for the penalty and did not. If he did Crosby is not in a position to "earn" a penalty.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:32 PM
GiveDWrightskates

Does anyone know if refs have consequences for poorly called games? Can a certain ref or a crew be "tossed out" of the playoffs? Is it only supposed to be the best crews from the regular season calling games or do all crews call playoff games?

This officiating in this game was piss poor...

Old
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
Growing up before our eyes. Great to see

Ya know ya have to beat the refs to beat pens

Even roenick and milbury said it was a bad call. Garbage
Everytime I see the replay of that call, I want to throw up- !! When JR and MM broke it down in slo-mo, and basically said that Crosby embellished it, and took a dive, I wanted to break my TV !!! 60+ mins of great hockey, and the refs decide to end the game like that--- that call should not have been made---- even in regulation !!! If anything, its 2 and 2--- diving on Crosby !!

Old
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
19NYSports91

Okposo and Hamonic have definitely been the best players so far in the series.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveDWrightskates View Post
Does anyone know if refs have consequences for poorly called games? Can a certain ref or a crew be "tossed out" of the playoffs? Is it only supposed to be the best crews from the regular season calling games or do all crews call playoff games?

This officiating in this game was piss poor...
the problem is that the league probably doesn't even regard that as a bad call. Someone brings down Crosby, it's an automatic..

Closed Thread