HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2013, 12:24 PM
  #501
ficohok*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
When new rosters will be released ?

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 10:47 PM
  #502
John McClane
Registered User
 
John McClane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 990
Any 2002-2003 Rosters out there for download?

John McClane is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  #503
ficohok*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Any 2002-2003 Rosters out there for download?
Try EHM The Blue line

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-05-2013, 02:41 PM
  #504
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line
 
archibalduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficohok View Post
When new rosters will be released ?
Before Christmas.

archibalduk is offline  
Old
12-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  #505
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 25,255
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
where do people get the 80s or early 90s rosters from? I don't see them on the blueline

Hire Sather is online now  
Old
12-06-2013, 06:50 AM
  #506
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 10,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
where do people get the 80s or early 90s rosters from? I don't see them on the blueline
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...41b5b9fd369274

Richie Daggers Crime is online now  
Old
12-06-2013, 11:09 AM
  #507
ficohok*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Before Christmas.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 08:36 AM
  #508
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Started playing with original rosters a few days ago since i had never actually really played with them lol.

I started with the Penguins and i'm 22 games in to the 2nd season with a record of 12-9-3 (25p) and sitting in 8th spot in the Eastern Conference.

My lineup looks like this:

Anson Carter - Sidney Crosby - Mark Recchi
Tomas Vanek - Evgeni Malkin - Patrick Kane
Jordan Staal - Ville Leino - Colby Armstrong
Dan Carcillo - Max Talbot - Jarkko Ruutu

Teppo Numminen - Brooks Orpik
Dan McGillis - Ryan Whitney
Kristopher Letang - Eric Cairns

Marc-Andre Fleury
Craig Anderson


I got Kane with the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 Entry Draft, hoping him and Vanek and will turn into studs and i can use them alongside Crosby.

Hopefully i will be able to make the playoffs this season.

plaaplaa72 is offline  
Old
12-09-2013, 02:25 AM
  #509
Intoewsables
real gudbranson
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 93
I just tried offering a major junior player an NHL contract and he turned it down because he "was happy with his role at his current team". Really?

Intoewsables is online now  
Old
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
  #510
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,329
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Started playing with original rosters a few days ago since i had never actually really played with them lol.

I started with the Penguins and i'm 22 games in to the 2nd season with a record of 12-9-3 (25p) and sitting in 8th spot in the Eastern Conference.

My lineup looks like this:

Anson Carter - Sidney Crosby - Mark Recchi
Tomas Vanek - Evgeni Malkin - Patrick Kane
Jordan Staal - Ville Leino - Colby Armstrong
Dan Carcillo - Max Talbot - Jarkko Ruutu

Teppo Numminen - Brooks Orpik
Dan McGillis - Ryan Whitney
Kristopher Letang - Eric Cairns

Marc-Andre Fleury
Craig Anderson


I got Kane with the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 Entry Draft, hoping him and Vanek and will turn into studs and i can use them alongside Crosby.

Hopefully i will be able to make the playoffs this season.
I did the same team with original rosters. I signed Leino at first but traded him and Fleury to the Canadiens and went with Antero Niittymaki as my goalie. I think we've won 5 Cups in my 9 years there.

I wouldn't put too much into Kane, as in the original rosters he won't likely turn into anything.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-11-2013, 12:51 PM
  #511
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 25,255
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Thanks.

Looked all over the site but couldn't find that for some reason.

Hire Sather is online now  
Old
12-13-2013, 07:12 AM
  #512
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Got new PC, downloaded EHL but there's this rigged cap of 1 and A LOT of zeros, I remember there is a way to somehow fix it, isn't there?

The guy writes "btw. I have disabled salary cap for NHL, but you can get it back from database/transfer_rules_cfg.". What do I have to do with that file?

__________________
"no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity" (Justinov) - a thing to remember on HFBoards

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 12-13-2013 at 07:43 AM.
SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #513
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 10,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Got new PC, downloaded EHL but there's this rigged cap of 1 and A LOT of zeros, I remember there is a way to somehow fix it, isn't there?

The guy writes "btw. I have disabled salary cap for NHL, but you can get it back from database/transfer_rules_cfg.". What do I have to do with that file?
I did a search on your issue and it seems as though your problem is that you seem to have pirated the game via bittorrent. I suggest downloading the try-and-buy and purchasing the game. That will clean up any issues you're having.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now  
Old
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  #514
TBIF
Registered User
 
TBIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Having a ton of fun creating a new look hockey world.

Moved all NHL teams to the AHL except the California teams who will probably reside in the CHL or UHL

Created 5 Canadian teams, 5 American teams, and then the rest around the world.

Slowly adding more staff to populate other countries.

Creating a non playable development league for the NHL teams, those teams will affiliate with the AHL to gurantee some talent there.

TBIF is offline  
Old
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  #515
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,264
vCash: 500
Did a QMJHL career, created myself and a few buddies, won back to back Mem cups, I'm about to go 1st overall, and my buddies are both future 1st picks, one is a goal per game in how Q career. Dominating is fun.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-20-2013, 06:24 PM
  #516
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,329
vCash: 69
^ Haha I did that with some friends (put them in as young studs). I enjoy dominating. I haven't played my main file in probably 6 months. Actually, I'm not sure if I still have my most current version as I transferred it off my laptop and on to my PC but I reformatted it and I'm not sure I saved the most recent version. Not sure if my perfect player is even retired in whatever version I have.

Still be sticking with my original DB Penguins file. Quite fun.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
  #517
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line
 
archibalduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
The TBL Rosters v6.0 2013/14 are now available. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...=11767#p163257

Here's a little more info on what it covers:

* Updated rosters for the 2013/14 season.
* Most of the work has been directed towards the following leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, Swedish Elitserien, Swedish Allsvenskan, Russian SuperLeague/KHL, Finnish SM-Liiga, Czech Extraliga, Slovenska League, Swiss NLA and the NCAA (other leagues have been updated, but to a lesser extent).
* Scoring, penalty and fighting levels have been reduced in order to make things more realistic (this has been achieved by using a 3 - 10 range for Consistency for forwards and by setting every player to 20 Temperament).
* Nearly 1,000 players from the NHL have been substantially re-rated with a reduced Current Ability range as well as re-rated and/or re-distributed ratings across 31 attributes.
* OHL/QMJHL/WHL draftees added and rated.
* The United Hockey League is now used for ten NCAA teams.
* Player career histories updated for 5,772 players (nearly every NHL-contracted player plus a number of free agents and players in other NA and Euro leagues).
* 2012/13 NHL player awards history added.
* 2012/13 competition histories added for all playable leagues, most playable international competitions and a range of non-playable leagues.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS USING THE PRE-GAME EDITOR: It seems at some point today whilst finalising the database, I did something which may now cause the Editor to crash when trying to save changes to the database and/or when exiting the Editor after saving. I have released the database without fixing this because I didn't want to delay the release (I won't be able to look at diagnosing and fixing the issue until early January). In late December or early January I will look at diagnosing and fixing the issue so that it is fixed for v6.1.

archibalduk is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 04:19 PM
  #518
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 500
Awesome! I was waiting for the rosters to come out before I started a new file. I really appreciate this from all you guys who worked on the new rosters, your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  #519
ficohok*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
The TBL Rosters v6.0 2013/14 are now available. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...=11767#p163257

Here's a little more info on what it covers:

* Updated rosters for the 2013/14 season.
* Most of the work has been directed towards the following leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, Swedish Elitserien, Swedish Allsvenskan, Russian SuperLeague/KHL, Finnish SM-Liiga, Czech Extraliga, Slovenska League, Swiss NLA and the NCAA (other leagues have been updated, but to a lesser extent).
* Scoring, penalty and fighting levels have been reduced in order to make things more realistic (this has been achieved by using a 3 - 10 range for Consistency for forwards and by setting every player to 20 Temperament).
* Nearly 1,000 players from the NHL have been substantially re-rated with a reduced Current Ability range as well as re-rated and/or re-distributed ratings across 31 attributes.
* OHL/QMJHL/WHL draftees added and rated.
* The United Hockey League is now used for ten NCAA teams.
* Player career histories updated for 5,772 players (nearly every NHL-contracted player plus a number of free agents and players in other NA and Euro leagues).
* 2012/13 NHL player awards history added.
* 2012/13 competition histories added for all playable leagues, most playable international competitions and a range of non-playable leagues.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS USING THE PRE-GAME EDITOR: It seems at some point today whilst finalising the database, I did something which may now cause the Editor to crash when trying to save changes to the database and/or when exiting the Editor after saving. I have released the database without fixing this because I didn't want to delay the release (I won't be able to look at diagnosing and fixing the issue until early January). In late December or early January I will look at diagnosing and fixing the issue so that it is fixed for v6.1.
Great Waited for this update before starting a new file

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 02:56 PM
  #520
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,329
vCash: 69
Looks pretty cool! Started up a small Jets file just to mess around. Traded away half of the team and kept the other half hahaha. Only thing missing is a lot of the contract extensions but I would do that myself, except for your note on the pre-game editor.

Couldn't stand the thought of having Enstrom and Buff up front in game with those horrible defensive attributes, plus Pav/Montoya so here's what I got for my line-up... probably not gonna make anymore trades now with this file (not taking this one too seriously, just fooling around):

E. Kane - J. Carter - D. Setoguchi
A. Ladd - B. Little - B. Wheeler
R. Fedotenko - J. Slater - J. Ortmeyer
E. Tangradi - J. Halpern - C. Thorburn

D. Morris - J. Johnson
M. Stuart - Z. Bogosian
K. Ellerby - R. Klesla

M. Smith
T. Bunz


Last edited by irunthepeg: 12-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.
irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-24-2013, 01:10 AM
  #521
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,264
vCash: 500
I'm going to rebuild Dallas with a bunch of Russians and Drouin.

Archi, I found an error, Daniel Sprong of Charlottetown is listed as having gone 13th in the Import Draft, he was a 13th overall Q pick.

As for his citizenship, he's Dutch, but is working on becoming Canadian.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 09:08 AM
  #522
Mike Farkas
Grace Personified
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
Couldn't stand the thought of having Enstrom with those horrible defensive attributes,
That's a bad first impression to get from these new ratings...haven't downloaded the rosters yet though...but Enstrom does not deserve "horrible" anything...except maybe hitting...

__________________
http://twitter.com/MichaelFarkasHF

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installment:Ep. 4 - Brady Skjei Evaluation
Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
  #523
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line
 
archibalduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Thanks for the feedback. The difficulty we've had is a real lack of volunteers with helping to update the NHL. When we've asked for volunteers to help, we get help with one or two teams and that's it. So it has been really hard to update the league on my own using mostly stats, depth charts and the existing attributes. It's too big a league for just one person.

What we really need are people to give feedback on different teams and say who is over/under-rated. Ideally we'd have held on to the DB longer in order to put more work into it and spend more time looking over individual teams. But it would have delayed the release further still (we are already approaching the mid-way point in the regular season and it has been 8 months since the last update). So we're releasing it now and will continue to work on it. But as I said, we desperately need volunteers to give feedback on what needs changing.

archibalduk is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 02:37 AM
  #524
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt
 
JSmith81x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Archi, I found an error, Daniel Sprong of Charlottetown is listed as having gone 13th in the Import Draft, he was a 13th overall Q pick.

As for his citizenship, he's Dutch, but is working on becoming Canadian.
I haven't played the game in over a year, but what I remember is that if a player's first nationality isn't CAN or USA, it doesn't matter what junior draft he's set to -- the game sees it as an import pick.

JSmith81x is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 02:45 AM
  #525
chessarmy
Registered User
 
chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,005
vCash: 500
Damien Brunner is unusable in the new roster update, he's easily the fastest/most creative player on the New Jersey Devils yet a bunch of his offensive attributes are in the red.

chessarmy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.