HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2013, 12:24 PM
ficohok*

vCash: 500
When new rosters will be released ?

Old
12-03-2013, 10:47 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
Any 2002-2003 Rosters out there for download?

Old
12-04-2013, 05:58 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Any 2002-2003 Rosters out there for download?
Try EHM The Blue line

Old
12-05-2013, 02:41 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficohok View Post
When new rosters will be released ?
Before Christmas.

Old
12-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
where do people get the 80s or early 90s rosters from? I don't see them on the blueline

Old
12-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
where do people get the 80s or early 90s rosters from? I don't see them on the blueline
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...41b5b9fd369274

Old
12-06-2013, 11:09 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Before Christmas.

Old
12-08-2013, 08:36 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Started playing with original rosters a few days ago since i had never actually really played with them lol.

I started with the Penguins and i'm 22 games in to the 2nd season with a record of 12-9-3 (25p) and sitting in 8th spot in the Eastern Conference.

My lineup looks like this:

Anson Carter - Sidney Crosby - Mark Recchi
Tomas Vanek - Evgeni Malkin - Patrick Kane
Jordan Staal - Ville Leino - Colby Armstrong
Dan Carcillo - Max Talbot - Jarkko Ruutu

Teppo Numminen - Brooks Orpik
Dan McGillis - Ryan Whitney
Kristopher Letang - Eric Cairns

Marc-Andre Fleury
Craig Anderson

I got Kane with the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 Entry Draft, hoping him and Vanek and will turn into studs and i can use them alongside Crosby.

Hopefully i will be able to make the playoffs this season.

Old
12-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Intoewsables
real gudbranson

vCash: 93
I just tried offering a major junior player an NHL contract and he turned it down because he "was happy with his role at his current team". Really?

Old
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Started playing with original rosters a few days ago since i had never actually really played with them lol.

I started with the Penguins and i'm 22 games in to the 2nd season with a record of 12-9-3 (25p) and sitting in 8th spot in the Eastern Conference.

My lineup looks like this:

Anson Carter - Sidney Crosby - Mark Recchi
Tomas Vanek - Evgeni Malkin - Patrick Kane
Jordan Staal - Ville Leino - Colby Armstrong
Dan Carcillo - Max Talbot - Jarkko Ruutu

Teppo Numminen - Brooks Orpik
Dan McGillis - Ryan Whitney
Kristopher Letang - Eric Cairns

Marc-Andre Fleury
Craig Anderson

I got Kane with the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 Entry Draft, hoping him and Vanek and will turn into studs and i can use them alongside Crosby.

Hopefully i will be able to make the playoffs this season.
I did the same team with original rosters. I signed Leino at first but traded him and Fleury to the Canadiens and went with Antero Niittymaki as my goalie. I think we've won 5 Cups in my 9 years there.

I wouldn't put too much into Kane, as in the original rosters he won't likely turn into anything.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Thanks.

Looked all over the site but couldn't find that for some reason.

Old
12-13-2013, 07:12 AM
SoundAndFury

Got new PC, downloaded EHL but there's this rigged cap of 1 and A LOT of zeros, I remember there is a way to somehow fix it, isn't there?

The guy writes "btw. I have disabled salary cap for NHL, but you can get it back from database/transfer_rules_cfg.". What do I have to do with that file?

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 12-13-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Got new PC, downloaded EHL but there's this rigged cap of 1 and A LOT of zeros, I remember there is a way to somehow fix it, isn't there?

The guy writes "btw. I have disabled salary cap for NHL, but you can get it back from database/transfer_rules_cfg.". What do I have to do with that file?
I did a search on your issue and it seems as though your problem is that you seem to have pirated the game via bittorrent. I suggest downloading the try-and-buy and purchasing the game. That will clean up any issues you're having.

Old
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
TBIF

Having a ton of fun creating a new look hockey world.

Moved all NHL teams to the AHL except the California teams who will probably reside in the CHL or UHL

Created 5 Canadian teams, 5 American teams, and then the rest around the world.

Slowly adding more staff to populate other countries.

Creating a non playable development league for the NHL teams, those teams will affiliate with the AHL to gurantee some talent there.

Old
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Did a QMJHL career, created myself and a few buddies, won back to back Mem cups, I'm about to go 1st overall, and my buddies are both future 1st picks, one is a goal per game in how Q career. Dominating is fun.

Old
12-20-2013, 06:24 PM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

^ Haha I did that with some friends (put them in as young studs). I enjoy dominating. I haven't played my main file in probably 6 months. Actually, I'm not sure if I still have my most current version as I transferred it off my laptop and on to my PC but I reformatted it and I'm not sure I saved the most recent version. Not sure if my perfect player is even retired in whatever version I have.

Still be sticking with my original DB Penguins file. Quite fun.

Old
12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

The TBL Rosters v6.0 2013/14 are now available. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...=11767#p163257

Here's a little more info on what it covers:

* Updated rosters for the 2013/14 season.
* Most of the work has been directed towards the following leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, Swedish Elitserien, Swedish Allsvenskan, Russian SuperLeague/KHL, Finnish SM-Liiga, Czech Extraliga, Slovenska League, Swiss NLA and the NCAA (other leagues have been updated, but to a lesser extent).
* Scoring, penalty and fighting levels have been reduced in order to make things more realistic (this has been achieved by using a 3 - 10 range for Consistency for forwards and by setting every player to 20 Temperament).
* Nearly 1,000 players from the NHL have been substantially re-rated with a reduced Current Ability range as well as re-rated and/or re-distributed ratings across 31 attributes.
* OHL/QMJHL/WHL draftees added and rated.
* The United Hockey League is now used for ten NCAA teams.
* Player career histories updated for 5,772 players (nearly every NHL-contracted player plus a number of free agents and players in other NA and Euro leagues).
* 2012/13 NHL player awards history added.
* 2012/13 competition histories added for all playable leagues, most playable international competitions and a range of non-playable leagues.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS USING THE PRE-GAME EDITOR: It seems at some point today whilst finalising the database, I did something which may now cause the Editor to crash when trying to save changes to the database and/or when exiting the Editor after saving. I have released the database without fixing this because I didn't want to delay the release (I won't be able to look at diagnosing and fixing the issue until early January). In late December or early January I will look at diagnosing and fixing the issue so that it is fixed for v6.1.

Old
12-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Awesome! I was waiting for the rosters to come out before I started a new file. I really appreciate this from all you guys who worked on the new rosters, your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Old
12-22-2013, 04:55 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
The TBL Rosters v6.0 2013/14 are now available. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...=11767#p163257

Here's a little more info on what it covers:

* Updated rosters for the 2013/14 season.
* Most of the work has been directed towards the following leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, Swedish Elitserien, Swedish Allsvenskan, Russian SuperLeague/KHL, Finnish SM-Liiga, Czech Extraliga, Slovenska League, Swiss NLA and the NCAA (other leagues have been updated, but to a lesser extent).
* Scoring, penalty and fighting levels have been reduced in order to make things more realistic (this has been achieved by using a 3 - 10 range for Consistency for forwards and by setting every player to 20 Temperament).
* Nearly 1,000 players from the NHL have been substantially re-rated with a reduced Current Ability range as well as re-rated and/or re-distributed ratings across 31 attributes.
* OHL/QMJHL/WHL draftees added and rated.
* The United Hockey League is now used for ten NCAA teams.
* Player career histories updated for 5,772 players (nearly every NHL-contracted player plus a number of free agents and players in other NA and Euro leagues).
* 2012/13 NHL player awards history added.
* 2012/13 competition histories added for all playable leagues, most playable international competitions and a range of non-playable leagues.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS USING THE PRE-GAME EDITOR: It seems at some point today whilst finalising the database, I did something which may now cause the Editor to crash when trying to save changes to the database and/or when exiting the Editor after saving. I have released the database without fixing this because I didn't want to delay the release (I won't be able to look at diagnosing and fixing the issue until early January). In late December or early January I will look at diagnosing and fixing the issue so that it is fixed for v6.1.
Great Waited for this update before starting a new file

Old
12-23-2013, 02:56 PM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

Looks pretty cool! Started up a small Jets file just to mess around. Traded away half of the team and kept the other half hahaha. Only thing missing is a lot of the contract extensions but I would do that myself, except for your note on the pre-game editor.

Couldn't stand the thought of having Enstrom and Buff up front in game with those horrible defensive attributes, plus Pav/Montoya so here's what I got for my line-up... probably not gonna make anymore trades now with this file (not taking this one too seriously, just fooling around):

E. Kane - J. Carter - D. Setoguchi
A. Ladd - B. Little - B. Wheeler
R. Fedotenko - J. Slater - J. Ortmeyer
E. Tangradi - J. Halpern - C. Thorburn

D. Morris - J. Johnson
M. Stuart - Z. Bogosian
K. Ellerby - R. Klesla

M. Smith
T. Bunz

Last edited by irunthepeg: 12-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old
12-24-2013, 01:10 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'm going to rebuild Dallas with a bunch of Russians and Drouin.

Archi, I found an error, Daniel Sprong of Charlottetown is listed as having gone 13th in the Import Draft, he was a 13th overall Q pick.

As for his citizenship, he's Dutch, but is working on becoming Canadian.

Old
12-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Mike Farkas
Grace Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
Couldn't stand the thought of having Enstrom with those horrible defensive attributes,
That's a bad first impression to get from these new ratings...haven't downloaded the rosters yet though...but Enstrom does not deserve "horrible" anything...except maybe hitting...

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installment:Ep. 4 - Brady Skjei Evaluation
Old
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Thanks for the feedback. The difficulty we've had is a real lack of volunteers with helping to update the NHL. When we've asked for volunteers to help, we get help with one or two teams and that's it. So it has been really hard to update the league on my own using mostly stats, depth charts and the existing attributes. It's too big a league for just one person.

What we really need are people to give feedback on different teams and say who is over/under-rated. Ideally we'd have held on to the DB longer in order to put more work into it and spend more time looking over individual teams. But it would have delayed the release further still (we are already approaching the mid-way point in the regular season and it has been 8 months since the last update). So we're releasing it now and will continue to work on it. But as I said, we desperately need volunteers to give feedback on what needs changing.

Old
12-25-2013, 02:37 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Archi, I found an error, Daniel Sprong of Charlottetown is listed as having gone 13th in the Import Draft, he was a 13th overall Q pick.

As for his citizenship, he's Dutch, but is working on becoming Canadian.
I haven't played the game in over a year, but what I remember is that if a player's first nationality isn't CAN or USA, it doesn't matter what junior draft he's set to -- the game sees it as an import pick.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:45 AM
chessarmy

Damien Brunner is unusable in the new roster update, he's easily the fastest/most creative player on the New Jersey Devils yet a bunch of his offensive attributes are in the red.

Closed Thread