HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Is better to use unit tactics only or unit + personal tactics?

And can anyone help me with how i should use personal tactics?
I use both. I have a general setup for how I like my line to play, then I override certain things with personal tactics based on the player's strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I might have a line set to backcheck hard, but if I have a winger that's relatively weak defensively, I'll set his personal tactic to backcheck normal... that way he's not wasting his time doing something he's not good at.

Old
07-07-2014, 12:51 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
No, I roll 4 lines. My top line players get around 20-21 minutes a game. His ATOI that season is 20:34. Normal playing time. My 4th line gets 4th line type mins: 8-9 mins a game.

I guess I just have my tactics tweaked pretty good for my team. I know what kind of players fit in my tactics, so it just makes it easy.

My scoring this season was actually down because my top line wingers both missed extended time.
Hm, okay so your ATOI is similar to mine and same with me, I usually set personal and unit tactics. Maybe you're just better at it than me haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
Do you have some sort of special training regimen? I swear all of your regens have near perfect attributes.
It should technically just be a luck thing getting the regens whose attributes happen to be good enough physically, mentally and technically. Really only technical improvements will change a LOT, physicals usually only change a bit.

Quote:
Is better to use unit tactics only or unit + personal tactics?

And can anyone help me with how i should use personal tactics?
Definitely both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
In my experience the easiest way to have a guy put up big numbers is:

1) Have a big talented center -- size matters in this game more than it should.

2) Give him personal tactics of at least creative playmaking and heavy shooting

3) Give his unit tactics of not dumping the puck much and playing with an offensive or very offensive mentality

4) Give him at least good linemates
I for sure know about that size glitch, I guess my first line center is the Malkin regen who's only 180 something lbs and just over 6 feet. The rest sounds like stuff I usually do hmm. We'll see what happens, I'll try tweaking some stuff next time I play.

Thanks guys for the answers.

Old
07-07-2014, 07:30 PM
StevenStamkos91

are there any roster updates i could dl? i have been playing with 2010/2011 rosters for quite some time. or is there anyway i could use original rosters

Old
07-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
I for sure know about that size glitch, I guess my first line center is the Malkin regen who's only 180 something lbs and just over 6 feet.
That's odd. What DB are you using? Malkin is like 6' 3" / 210 in my game.

Old
07-07-2014, 07:59 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
That's odd. What DB are you using? Malkin is like 6' 3" / 210 in my game.
The original DB for this particular file. I think he's only 189? I know it's Malkin because I turned him from a C to a full out C/RW/LW plus he's Russian and has great stats. I think the height is the same.

Old
07-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I'm using the original DB as well. Malkin is 6' 3" / 209 in my game. Could be you have a guy that's not Malkin... like Federov or Kovalev or something.

Old
07-07-2014, 09:07 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
I'm using the original DB as well. Malkin is 6' 3" / 209 in my game. Could be you have a guy that's not Malkin... like Federov or Kovalev or something.
Oh could be. He's very good for points, just his size is below 200 so I know if he was over 200 he would be WAY better.

Old
07-08-2014, 05:51 AM
FlyingOcto

Malkin is 6-2/3 185 in the UUDB but is already C/RW/LW

Old
07-08-2014, 01:41 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingOcto View Post
Malkin is 6-2/3 185 in the UUDB but is already C/RW/LW
OH! That's what I'm using. Sorry, Richie, don't know why I said the default. I used the UUDB because I wanted Toews etc. in the game. So yep then it's Malkin. And I guess I didn't convert him, I do it with a lot of guys (make them more versatile, especially if they're a RH LW etc.).

Yep that sounds like him then.

Old
07-10-2014, 11:57 AM
FlyingOcto

Figured as much, 06 Rosters I basically consider default so figured you might aswell, especially if you're far enough to get a Calder winners regen!

I've been slowly making my own UUDB with the latest WHL/OHL/Q draft picks in it, it's so very time consuming though.

That and it's hard to come with the mental and physical attributes for 10 year olds.

Old
07-10-2014, 01:08 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingOcto View Post
Figured as much, 06 Rosters I basically consider default so figured you might aswell, especially if you're far enough to get a Calder winners regen!

I've been slowly making my own UUDB with the latest WHL/OHL/Q draft picks in it, it's so very time consuming though.

That and it's hard to come with the mental and physical attributes for 10 year olds.
Hahaha I did this too. I didn't put in too many but I put in guys like Huberdeau, Mackinnon, McDavid, Drouin, Fucale and a few others.

Old
07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Oh my word, this is the best thing I've ever seen. I only noticed this because I saw a shut out and then saw two goalies playing so I figured Kolzig got injured.

Note his PIM...

I have NEVER seen that, unless I've just been oblivious to it.

Old
07-12-2014, 04:00 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Could this guy be a Brodeur Regen?;

Just wondering because Brodeur is the only good Canadian goalie that has retired so far, and this Shayne Blacks mental attributes are so great that i though that Brodeur could propably be the only with as good mental attributes?

Also, who was the guy that run the MTL dynasty with the all 20s guy? Because i have a question ask; I am also playing with a all 20s for the lulz, but how i can i get him to have so high point total as you did? Since for me he has only topped at 170 pts.

Old
07-12-2014, 11:58 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Could this guy be a Brodeur Regen?;

Just wondering because Brodeur is the only good Canadian goalie that has retired so far, and this Shayne Blacks mental attributes are so great that i though that Brodeur could propably be the only with as good mental attributes?

Also, who was the guy that run the MTL dynasty with the all 20s guy? Because i have a question ask; I am also playing with a all 20s for the lulz, but how i can i get him to have so high point total as you did? Since for me he has only topped at 170 pts.
Hmm. Similar weight and height, does catch left and is from Canada. I'd expect his attributes to be a BIT better by 17 though. If you use the editor, you can check his potential and know for sure

And that would be me. Well, I'm by no means an expert at it but I have him with fairly good linemates (Hossa regen, Lidstrom regen and a good LW) and then have the unit tactics on offensive, have him out as much as possible (usually I rolled three lines) and then customize his personal tactics.

Old
07-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Tactics matter...

This ordinary Preds roster...

yielded these extraordinary defensive results...

2nd place finish in the West.

17 shutouts (+1 from call-up Hellberg) from that roster. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good I think...

Rinne, alas, only finished 2nd for the Vezina...somehow...

Old
07-14-2014, 04:08 AM
plaaplaa72

Quote:
Hmm. Similar weight and height, does catch left and is from Canada. I'd expect his attributes to be a BIT better by 17 though. If you use the editor, you can check his potential and know for sure

And that would be me. Well, I'm by no means an expert at it but I have him with fairly good linemates (Hossa regen, Lidstrom regen and a good LW) and then have the unit tactics on offensive, have him out as much as possible (usually I rolled three lines) and then customize his personal tactics.
I just checked and his potential is exactly the same as Brodeurs. Hopefully he can develop quick because Ward is already 35 and i'm expecting him to start declining soon.

Well i have my all 20s guy running with fairly good linemates, Kane and Benson, i propably will have to start converting kane to LW because my Jagr regen will propably be better. And i'm rolling with 4 lines so that may affect his point totals, and i have no clue how to use Personal tactics correctly/succesfully If i made his lines shift lengths longer that would propably help too?

Old
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
I just checked and his potential is exactly the same as Brodeurs. Hopefully he can develop quick because Ward is already 35 and i'm expecting him to start declining soon.

Well i have my all 20s guy running with fairly good linemates, Kane and Benson, i propably will have to start converting kane to LW because my Jagr regen will propably be better. And i'm rolling with 4 lines so that may affect his point totals, and i have no clue how to use Personal tactics correctly/succesfully If i made his lines shift lengths longer that would propably help too?
Yes definitely. Maximizing their strengths/weaknesses(he has none) also will help. Like if the line is all offense etc.

Old
07-15-2014, 03:57 PM
That Bear

This guy has gotta be a Chara regen right?

Old
07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Bear View Post
This guy has gotta be a Chara regen right?
No doubt.

Old
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Looks Chara-tastic to me!

Old
07-16-2014, 03:07 AM
plaaplaa72

Quote:
Yes definitely. Maximizing their strengths/weaknesses(he has none) also will help. Like if the line is all offense etc.
So should i put all the personal tactics to the max since he has no weaknesses?

Old
07-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Like real Chara, that player has weaknesses. The regen is a little better skater than real Chara, but it's still not a big strength. And also like real Chara, he's far from an elite puck-mover and stickhandler. This fake Chara isn't particularly intelligent either.

Old
07-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Man, I wish there was a way to port this to mobile devices (iOS, Android).

Old
07-16-2014, 08:41 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Man, I wish there was a way to port this to mobile devices (iOS, Android).
I was thinking about this the other day and then I was thinking about any career aspirations and goals I have so I thought... mmm maybe it's better this way

Quote:
So should i put all the personal tactics to the max since he has no weaknesses?
Curious for some of the other posters. What would you guys put his personal tactics as if he were on your team?

Old
07-16-2014, 08:52 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

I am thinking of putting Quebec back into ehm but i want to do a expansion draft and have a hard time coming up with a expansion draft team.. Pretty much all of other teams left overs.. Phoenix would become invalid as Quebec would be the 30th team. All phoenix players go to ufa.. If i am wrong with any of these picks please let me know so i can make a realistic ehm expansion team.

My picks are basically gone through all 30 team forums on HF and took players from other teams 3-4 forward lines or 3rd pairing or extra D or forwards or back up goalies to make up my expansion team..

Since you can only do 30 teams in ehm i have decided to go with the following divisions:

Atlantic: Same
Northeast: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo
Southeast: boston, florida, washington, carolina, tampa

central: detroit, cbs, chi, stl, nash
northwest: minny, cgy, edm, van, wpg
pacific: col, dal, sj, ana and la

Ana: Mark Fistric - was on last yrs team
bos: Carl Soderberg
buf: Unsure
cgy: TJ Galardi
car: Unsure
chi: Peter Regin/Theo Peckham
col: Nick Holden
cbs: Tim Erixon
dal: Shawn Horcoff (captian)
det: Drew Miller
edm: Matt Hendricks
fla: Scottie Upshall
la: Brayden McNabb
min: Kyle Brodziak
mtl: Tom Gilbert/Mike Weaver
nash: Anton Volchenkov
nj: Steve Bernier
nyi: Kevin Poulin
nyr: Dominic Moore
ott: Zack Smith
phi: Nick Schultz - has been changed to Vinny L as it gives the flyers come cap space.
pit: Thomas Greiss
pho: Kyle Chipchura
sj: John Scott
stl: Ian Cole
tb: Eric Brewer
tor: Peter Holland
van: Derek Dorsett
wpg: Adam Pardy
wsh: Dmtiri Orlov

Last edited by HamiltonOHL: 07-16-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Closed Thread