HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Old
06-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Treb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
So my game randomly crashed so it's now not gonna happen (I assume) but my Orr regen finished with 40 goals best he's had in his career at 38 years old. He only had 88 points (he's had 120+) but his first 30+ goal season so I was quite proud.
My D can barely get 10 goals... 40 goals

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:48 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
So my game randomly crashed so it's now not gonna happen (I assume) but my Orr regen finished with 40 goals best he's had in his career at 38 years old. He only had 88 points (he's had 120+) but his first 30+ goal season so I was quite proud.
How you can have Orr regen when Orr is already retired in game ? I assume you are using lidas 5.3 rosters ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:26 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Can anyone give any practice tips for training players? Especially young players?

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Haha I've seen a few of my guys get 20+ a year and it usually surprises me. I haven't checked my laptop, I went on vacation and re-simmed up to where I was. I've gotten out of the habit of saving often. I think I checked the CIS skater stats and it crashed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
How you can have Orr regen when Orr is already retired in game ? I assume you are using lidas 5.3 rosters ?
I use the Unfaked Database and I took Gretzky, Orr and Lemieux and put them back in as players (so Gretzky and Orr played one season then retired) so they could come back as regens. Not using Lidas. Since I've started this file over a year ago, I've added plenty of players to the DB so if I ever do restart it, I look forward to seeing all the new names.

It's weird having a game for over a year... now I kind of hope nothing happens to it. My perfect player (I put him in at 15 with all 20s except for mental traits) has over 4,500 career points. It's pretty crazy. He's played 21 seasons and he's about to head into the playoffs at age 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Can anyone give any practice tips for training players? Especially young players?
Never set anything to light. Medium or none. Usually go with about 4 intensive things in training and the rest are medium. In the off season, I have them on intense everything.

Edit: So I simmed up to the end of the season. My players ended up getting the same amount of points anyways AND... Hardy Irwin (my Orr regen) has 40 goals and 91 points... at age 38! Still a legend. He's got over 1500 points, closing in on all time defensemen points.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 06-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.
irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:55 AM
TBIF

Quote:
It may be cheaty but I take every advantage I can get...

Setting players practice under Goalie really helps the positioning and some other defensive stats.

I usually do something like 3 Med/4 Intensive or 4/3

From july to August 2xth putting everything to intensive I usually just set general and then have all my skaters on that. Then let everyone rest for a few days so everyones 100% for training camp. Watch out for Olympic years however.

Young players in this game benefit way more from dominating a league and playing a ton of minutes rather than playing with NHLers.

TBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
I set that my head coach takes care of practices...

Old
06-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
I set that my head coach takes care of practices...
Same, except during the offseason when I turn that off and set everything to intensive. Yeah, I'm lazy.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:43 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Same, except during the offseason when I turn that off and set everything to intensive. Yeah, I'm lazy.
This should be good enough to get some attribute increases but for best results, coach your own guys. I understand the laziness though, I used to be the same way but then I just got OCD with it.

I'm a terrible GM , I submit QOs lots and let guys go to FA if they're having a down season then I sign them for way cheaper (signed my 2nd line C to a 4 year deal at like $1.4 mil AAV) and then traded him away for a 1st and a 2nd (board hated it). Then I signed a #1 d-man for $7 mil/year and traded him away for a 1st and a 2nd right before the season started (was a bit over the cap so I had to get under ). This is the first time I've pulled shenanigans like this but I'm trying to stay under the Cap with my 40 year old star center and 38 year old defenseman. I want them both to retire as Habs before I blow it up or leave.

Old
06-29-2013, 02:47 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
This should be good enough to get some attribute increases but for best results, coach your own guys.
What skills I should put on intensive, which ones at medium and which ones at light ? I know that that depends on player position, but I am asking because I never (almost) coached on my own, always had HC taking practices.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:44 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
What skills I should put on intensive, which ones at medium and which ones at light ? I know that that depends on player position, but I am asking because I never (almost) coached on my own, always had HC taking practices.
Oops, sorry meant do your own practices, not coach. I still let my HC take control of coaching the games.

As far as practices go, everything should either be intensive, medium or off. NO light practices (that will cause the attributes to decrease). I'm usually not one to switch up routines during the year except switching from normal to "off season" mode.

During the summer, have everyone set to a practice routine (mostly called off season) where everything is set to intensive. This will be the best way to see boosts in your players' attributes.

For myself during the year, I have: offensive forwards (intense shooting, offensive skills and conditioning), defensive forwards (intense shooting, offensive skills, defensive skills and conditioning), offensive defense (intense shooting, defensive skills, offensive skills, conditioning and skating), defensive defense (intense defensive skills, conditioning and skating) and goalies (intensive everything basically except for tactics). Everything else in these practices I keep as medium (including goaltending).

Whatever roles I want players to play (if he's young and had yellowing in all technicals and I want him to become a checker I will set him to a defensive practice).

Old
06-29-2013, 06:13 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Oops, sorry meant do your own practices, not coach. I still let my HC take control of coaching the games.

As far as practices go, everything should either be intensive, medium or off. NO light practices (that will cause the attributes to decrease). I'm usually not one to switch up routines during the year except switching from normal to "off season" mode.

During the summer, have everyone set to a practice routine (mostly called off season) where everything is set to intensive. This will be the best way to see boosts in your players' attributes.

For myself during the year, I have: offensive forwards (intense shooting, offensive skills and conditioning), defensive forwards (intense shooting, offensive skills, defensive skills and conditioning), offensive defense (intense shooting, defensive skills, offensive skills, conditioning and skating), defensive defense (intense defensive skills, conditioning and skating) and goalies (intensive everything basically except for tactics). Everything else in these practices I keep as medium (including goaltending).

Whatever roles I want players to play (if he's young and had yellowing in all technicals and I want him to become a checker I will set him to a defensive practice).
Thanks for this advice !

I started new game with Canadiens. Traded Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and some other youngsters for 1st picks in 2015, 2016 and 2017. when some regens should appear at the draft

Old
06-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
This should be good enough to get some attribute increases but for best results, coach your own guys. I understand the laziness though, I used to be the same way but then I just got OCD with it.

I'm a terrible GM , I submit QOs lots and let guys go to FA if they're having a down season then I sign them for way cheaper (signed my 2nd line C to a 4 year deal at like $1.4 mil AAV) and then traded him away for a 1st and a 2nd (board hated it). Then I signed a #1 d-man for $7 mil/year and traded him away for a 1st and a 2nd right before the season started (was a bit over the cap so I had to get under ). This is the first time I've pulled shenanigans like this but I'm trying to stay under the Cap with my 40 year old star center and 38 year old defenseman. I want them both to retire as Habs before I blow it up or leave.
Haha it's definitely the easy route to take. I haven't had any real issues with just letting the head coach run practice, I've had my fair share of franchise players who get tons of 19-20s for attributes. Then again, I've had a lot of busts who probably could have used the extra practice .

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I wish I had an epic save like some of the ones I see here.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
I always set everything in practice to intensive (except for a couple for goalies like shooting) and I don't even bother easing up in the offseason. My players develop very well and even though they're dog tired most of the year, it doesn't seem to affect their performance.

I can only imagine how much players would hate playing for my teams in real life though...

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:23 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
I always set everything in practice to intensive (except for a couple for goalies like shooting) and I don't even bother easing up in the offseason. My players develop very well and even though they're dog tired most of the year, it doesn't seem to affect their performance.

I can only imagine how much players would hate playing for my teams in real life though...
You are worse than Viktor Tikhonov

Old
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Bah wish I could get this game.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:46 AM
TBIF

I can't help but cheat when I play this

Luckily it doesnt ruin it for me at all, I don't really play games for the challenge of it, though I will at times.

I love running a Jr team and being a defenceman factory (think Kelowna Rockets)

Really excited for the next rosters to come out, though they've been slipping since Lidas stepped down.

TBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 11:54 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

I am in my third season with Canadiens. In second, Price had 93,1% saves and 12 shutouts, while Lundqvist had 93,0% and 9 SO-s and he still won Vezina. WTF ???

Old
07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Treb

Quote:
I am in my third season with Canadiens. In second, Price had 93,1% saves and 12 shutouts, while Lundqvist had 93,0% and 9 SO-s and he still won Vezina. WTF ???
More wins or less GAA?

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
More wins or less GAA?
Price had more wins (51) than Lundqvist, but Lundqvist had better GAA.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:26 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Just finished another regular season and he followed up his 40 goal performance with a 38 goal performance at age 39. Crazy for a d-man but I look at his in-game stats and some days he has over 25 shots (not all on goal)!

I think my goalie (who's 35) is gonna win another Vezina... he won like 6 or 7 in a row. He was the first guy on my team I signed to a ridiculous contract at like $2.3 mil/year for 9 years, only now in the last 5 years have I signed him to ~$4.5 mil (NTC now). My back-up is a 21 year old kid with mostly green stats, a few yellows and like one orange. He's going to inherit the starter role very soon.

My roster is so stacked... my prospect pool is even stacked. I've got 3 guys right now (two in college, and one I put in ECHL to not let his reputation get so high before his new contract) who could all be #1 Cs but I shelter them and let them develop since I still have my star C. Soon a new dynasty will start with the Habs especially since I have the Kovalchuk and Hossa regens on my top line along with Orr, Chara and Lidstrom in my defense. Plus, I'm pretty sure I drafted a Datsyuk-type Russian center last year.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:17 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

In which season are you ? Can you post some screenshoots ?

Old
07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
In which season are you ? Can you post some screenshoots ?
I believe I am just finishing up 2031-2032. I can post some screenshots when I get home from work if you like, what would you like to see? Certain players? Scoring?

Old
07-04-2013, 11:42 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
I believe I am just finishing up 2031-2032. I can post some screenshots when I get home from work if you like, what would you like to see? Certain players? Scoring?

I would like to see : your top prospects, SC winners, WJC winners, WC winners

Old
07-04-2013, 12:57 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
I would like to see : your top prospects, SC winners, WJC winners, WC winners
Will do but I can make SC winners really easy for you Since I took over the team, just the end of that first season we didn't win the Cup... that was in like 2011 or 2012

It's weird that for the first 15 or so years, we only faced 4 different teams but it kept alternating.