HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Vinc360

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I'm sure Eller is back tomorrow or the 3rd game at the latest. He just severely broke his nose when hitting the ice.

We miss Emelin badly!
Fractured facial bones (nose), fractured teeth, concussion with loss of counciousness. He'll be out for the round.

Old
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
To all of you *****ing about Price, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Not a single goal was his fault and he made some great saves. Anderson is the reason we lost this game. Yes Diaz, DD, Gionta, Gorges, and Ryder played like *****, but with 50 shots we deserved to win that game regardless.
The Silfverberg slap was horrible plus the Methot shot habs made 30 of this kind on Anderson and he all stopped them.

I'm sick of people finding excuse for every ****** outing Price is getting.
Seriously i couldn't care les if he was traded elsewhere he doesn't have the guts and the mental toughness to succeed in MTL.

For once i'm wishing we had Halak instead of Price we wouldn't have lost tonight with Halak in the net that's a fact.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Another slip through your fingers game. For a game one loss , I am surprised how bad it feels to me as a fan.

Great effort wasted by the goalie, 2 bad goals at a critical time.

Lars get better.

Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
I'm sure Eller is back tomorrow or the 3rd game at the latest. He just severely broke his nose when hitting the ice.

We miss Emelin badly!
You missed the part where it was announced that Eller had a concussion?

Old
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
No comment for a suicide pass by Diaz? It was clean Gryba was just trying to take the body. Didn't leave his feet didn't stick his elbow out or anything. Ellers Face hit the ice. Sorry everyone for being unbias.
He hit his head duffus.

Old
Et le But

Quote:

We miss Emelin badly!
Eller has a concussion.

I don't want him back until next season. Okay, maybe for the finals.

Old
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
To all of you *****ing about Price, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Not a single goal was his fault and he made some great saves. Anderson is the reason we lost this game. Yes Diaz, DD, Gionta, Gorges, and Ryder played like *****, but with 50 shots we deserved to win that game regardless.
Price was bad - Latendresse's goal was a shot to the crest - no way should that be rebounding like that. Silfvergberg (sp?) goal should definitely have been stopped.

You could tell he was battling the puck tonight - I'm not ready to throw him under ther bus yet. I feel he could come back and be huge for us this series.

Nonetheless, he was bad tonight.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Franck
eltiT resU motsuC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
bottom line we looked like the Harlem globetrotters for 40 minutes. we'll bounce back. Price needs to be better
This mirrors my thoughts. If the team plays like they did in the first two periods for the rest of this series, and the Sens still manage to get out of it on top, Craig Anderson would be a candidate for sainthood because there's no chance of someone stopping that many shots several games in a row in a best of seven series without having the direct intervention of God on his side.

Old
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 621
Quote:

We miss Emelin badly!
He lost consciousness and suffered a facial fracture. He's not coming back any time soon. The team will have to follow the concussion protocol with him.

Old
cjbhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
The Silfverberg slap was horrible plus the Methot shot habs made 30 of this kind on Anderson and he all stopped them.

Seriously i couldn't care les if he was traded elsewhere he doesn't have the guts and the mental toughness to succeed in MTL.

For once i'm wishing we had Halak instead of Price we wouldn't have lost tonight with Halak in the net that's a fact.
lol unreal how people can defend that slapper, my mom could have stopped that one.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
not saying he's the Jack Adams winner all i'm saying is calm down we just lost one game, that same team under Jacques Martin would probably still be 15th, but that's just speculation, maybe i'm just biased because i'd take a squid in a suit behind the bench before JM

Firing him is just a bit overreacting at this point
It goes without saying that we are limited in who can coach this team.

Carbo was a good Xs and Os coach. He understood the game of hockey very well. He was a terrible communicator with his players and he had a penchant for putting the wrong players in the wrong situations. He was not good with the younger players.

Martin was a terrible tactician, stuck in a hockey system that was ancient and not appropriate for our players on this team.

Therrien Part II is an excellent systems coach. He had the Habs playing the best hockey I have seen in Montreal in many years. He is fantastic with the rookies and younger players. But like Carbo, his undoing will be his stubbornness with certain lines/players and his short term memory loss regarding several of his players and the roles they played to get us to the top of the East.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Kurplunk

It's hard to defend Price after he let in that tying goal..
It got to the point where whenever Ottawa entered our zone I held my breath thinking a sure goal was coming..
We did dominate over some big stretches though
Tough loss..

Old
05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Strong game by the Habs, if they can play like that the next 4 games it should be over in 5. Give Anderson credit for some great goaltending and some pretty bad acting on the 3rd Habs goal, not sure how that one didn't count and they counted the Latendresse "bodying it in". Price needs to wake the f%$%&# up, the first 2 goals were weak and the 3rd he was down early for no reason.

Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
This mirrors my thoughts. If the team plays like they did in the first two periods for the rest of this series, and the Sens still manage to get out of it on top, Craig Anderson would be a candidate for sainthood because there's no chance of someone stopping that many shots several games in a row in a best of seven series without having the direct intervention of God on his side.
and we play tomorrow so team doesn't have time to stew over tough 3rd period. bounce back game and head to Ottawa with home ice advantage

Old
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
He was no better than Reimer against the Bruins.
Tying goal was terrible.
Was that the one Gorges deflected into the net?
Quote:
Gui's Goal, absolutely terrible rebound on a shot directed at his chest....the place where pucks usually go to die.
Defensemen also share responsibility for rebounds. Our defense hasn't done that all year.

The loss was a team effort. I don't know why one single player needs to made the scapegoat every time we lose.

Old
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Patrick Roy on L'Anti-Chambre was pissed that Therrien did not want to talk about the injury/hit to Eller.
Theres no way he would have listened to Donald Beauchamps, he would have let it all out and just waited for the fine

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangdas View Post
Price wasn't that bad tonight. I think he played fairly solid except for the 2nd goal. Can't fault him too much for goals 1 & 3
One bad goal is one too many in the playoffs, especially in such tight game AND the opposing goalie is standing on his head.

Give one bad goal a night and you can guarantee you this series' gonna be a short one.

Old
sheed36

Quote:

So you're saying this loss is all Price's fault and no one else deserves any blame?

Old
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

At the end of the day.. What I was saying in the Carey thread comes alive... Price bailed us out 2-3 times in the first and we get that kind of reaction from the fans

Old
OpenIceHit

vCash: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
You missed the part where it was announced that Eller had a concussion?
Yes I did miss that part. Halpern is back...

Old
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
It's hard to defend Price after he let in that tying goal..
It got to the point where whenever Ottawa entered our zone I held my breath thinking a sure goal was coming..
We did dominate over some big stretches though
Tough loss..
The trickler that got through by Karlsson also has to be stopped.

Old
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:

That goal was tipped of course by Gorges skate into the 5 hole...
When fans go and comment that they wish BUDAJ started the freaking playoffs, it's just mind-blowing. Just as bad when you want Halak back...

Old
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
lol unreal how people can defend that slapper, my mom could have stopped that one.
Bouillon made 3 like this tonight.

Gionta maybe 4 and not one goal to show for it.

Sens do it once boom goal.

3 goals on 6 shots 6.5 millions.

48 saves.

Nothing left to add.

Oh yeah Plekanec wore a dress tonight and Desharnais should put skates on his ass because is more often on it than on his skates. **** him.

Old
Hugo Sham

Gryba will get suspended otherwise i expect it to be a circus at the Bell Center tomorrow. Fans will target him, hab players etc...

Old
05-02-2013, 09:44 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Should have stopped the 5 hole shot for sure. The D must move guys from the front, not wrestle with them there. Anderson saw almost every shot.

Closed Thread