HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Mostly because he broke his neck.
I mean "out longer" as in unconscious longer. I could be wrong but it seems to me Eller was KOed by the hit but was conscious (but very dazed) by the time he got help. Pacioretty looked like he was dead for a few minutes there.

I'm saying concussions can't be predicted. Pacioretty goes out cold and at least that part of his injury is fine in a week or so. Diaz you didn't even see get hit and he missed a month. We won't know the exact situation for a few days. The best thing is to assume he's finished for the playoffs but will be full strength for opening day.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I'd ask you the same question.

If Ryder truly has this attitude, then see-ya. He hasn't been ****ed over, plain and simple. He gets ice-time and he's doing nothing with it. Period.

If you can't see that, then there's nothing more I can say.
I will agree with you if....................

you find me an NHL coach who moved his top goal scoring forward off of the top scoring line and onto the 3rd line.

Thanks.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Also, in case anyone needed another reason to hate Quebecor:

Is this for ****ing real ?

Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Minus blaming price he is spot on. We out played ottawa tonight and lost. Anderson will need to stand on his head for the rest of the series for them to win its the only way they can
i thought price was average. he let one goal he really should have had. but he also made tons of great saves so to me it's a wash. d coverage was awful on occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
**** yes.

Thank you for handing us the series, Ottawa Sun.
the sun is tabloid trash, wouldn't get too riled up about it. great locker room material though

Old
05-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Andy

Quote:
I mean "out longer" as in unconscious longer. I could be wrong but it seems to me Eller was KOed by the hit but was conscious (but very dazed) by the time he got help. Pacioretty looked like he was dead for a few minutes there.

I'm saying concussions can't be predicted. Pacioretty goes out cold and at least that part of his injury is fine in a week or so. Diaz you didn't even see get hit and he missed a month. We won't know the exact situation for a few days. The best thing is to assume he's finished for the playoffs but will be full strength for opening day.
I agree.

I personally lost all hope for this series. Eller is so important to this team, people will finally see it. Such a ****ing shame..

Old
05-02-2013, 10:54 PM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
WTF That's ridiculous
As a Sens fan, i'm embarrassed at that cover....and from the look of it, so are a lot of our fans...
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...64179635957760

Old
05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
As a Sens fan, i'm embarrassed at that cover....and from the look of it, so are a lot of our fans...
You think they'd know better than to give us bulletin board material after a game like tonight.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
habtastic

Watching this Blues-Kings series is making me so mad at Price.

Again, not part of the "trade him" group, but it is amazing to see people not remember what playoff goaltending looks like, INCLUDING Carey Price of 2011 and 2008.

As for Ryder, please, he needs to get his game going. He's no crowned prince. He needs to play far better. Bourque is playing 10x better than Ryder right now. I was annoyed when he missed on the breakaway and the saucer, but the goal he scored to give us what should have been the winning goal was sick. Ottawa had NOTHING going for them. Price could have kept that a 2-1 game although Gorges is really trying to out-duel him for worst player in the last three weeks. Ryder better score some f'ing goals. He went back to coasting and that is not our system. Bourque is playing our system.

So depressed about Eller. Can Chucky be the center we need? Who goes with him? Gally and Prust? (I think it could work). Problem is Eller is so important on the PK and defensively in general.

I do hope MT starts Price tomorrow. If he sucks, he sucks, but this is a 7 game series and he needs to be given the opportunity to win it. Maybe he steals it tomorrow. If he doesn't win the series and it end up being cuz he's average, then that's a season you chalk up to him sucking and it'll be something he has to get over, but you have to go with him. We're not winning the Cup - you need to give Carey the series, enough with this mental fragility. I am so pissed with his game tonight, but I know very well he could be the first star tomorrow. Without Eller, I don't even know what my expectations are. I've barely gotten over Emelin.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
GimmeMyJetpack
Classless.

Quote:
Agreed. The Sun continually proving they are classless. Disgusting.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I think any halfway decent human being would...He's just a 23yo kid, and especially Lars, he barely looks out of puberty. Not even sure if he has developed facial hair yet..

Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Also, in case anyone needed another reason to hate Quebecor:

This is so disgusting.

Old
DJ Breadman

That cover is really classless, it's not a ****ing blood sport, I would expect to see something like that from boston not ottawa alwasy thought they where a notch above boston and toronto but I guess not

Old
Et le But

Quote:
I pretty much hate the Sens right now but I don't blame the Sens, their fans or Ottawa at all for that garbage, that's all on those Rupert Murdoch wannabes over at Sun Media/Quebecor. Another reason to hate the Nordiques if they come back.

But I do hope the Habs see that for motivation.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:58 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I agree. He was out cold right at the point of contact, suggesting contact with the head.
Not necessarily so. A hit that is unexpected and hard with force to the torso can also cause the same.

The Facts on Concussion: A concussion is a brain injury of such severity that it alters the way the brain functions for a short period of time. When jarred or shaken, the soft tissue of the brain can move around inside of the skull and knock into the hard bone. Bruising, torn blood vessels, and nerve damage can result

Causes of Concussion: A concussion is often caused by a blow to the head, face or neck. It can also be caused by vigorous shaking. A person might suffer a concussion due to a fall, due to injuries resulting from a car accident, or due to any number of types of impact injuries, like a hard tackle in football or a high-hit or body-check in hockey

As a point, the US government has been experimenting and using weapons with small bullets that hit anywhere on the body such as on the shoulder but with such high impact that it causes hit concussion. As well, that is sort of how their stun grenades work.

Last edited by RealityBytes: 05-02-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old
05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
Price made good saves, as a goalie should. Are you insinuating that we were not good to start the game? Anderson did all the bailing out. Price was solid, until that 2nd goal. Then he made some good stops, but 2 or 3 not 10 or 11 like the other goalies playing like this is the playoffs. Again, I expect more from him and am not going to defend him when the team played very well in front of him and in Ottawa's zone most of the game.

Huh the goal scorers for Ottawa where laughing at Price yes laughing at him after each goal. What is Montreal or Price going to do about it? I hope Price reads this and wakes up.
I think you missed my point. I meant he was good, but not some game saver. He was just doing his job.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Kriss E

I'm hoping MaxPac gives Eller a blood transplant..Get some Wolverine healing.
Eller was becoming my favorite player, aside from PK.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
That cover is really classless, it's not a ****ing blood sport, I would expect to see something like that from boston not ottawa alwasy thought they where a notch above boston and toronto but I guess not
I understand the term "drawing first blood." It's used. A lot. It'd be more tasteful if say, Moen and Neil got into a fight and Moen had a trickle of blood coming out of his cheek. Putting that on the front cover to a picture of a guy with a broken nose, missing teeth and a possible concussion after a dirty hit?

Sorry, that's bush-league journalism at it's finest.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-02-2013, 11:00 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Not necessarily so. A hit that is unexpected and hard with force to the torso can also cause the same.

A concussion is often caused by a blow to the head, face or neck. It can also be caused by vigorous shaking. A person might suffer a concussion due to a fall, due to injuries resulting from a car accident, or due to any number of types of impact injuries, like a hard tackle in football or a high-hit or body-check in hockey

As a point, the US government has been experimenting and using weapons with small bullets that hit anywhere on the body such as on the shoulder but with such high impact that it causes hit concussion. As well, that is sort of how their stun grenades work.
^ The length at which people will go to rationalize their point of view always surprises me.

Let's use logic a little, have you ever seen a hockey player knocked out from a shoulder check with no head contact at all ?

Old
05-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Jsweenie

Hard to watch the third. Was it just me or did the team seem to lose its legs after price let in the tying goal? I might be able to excuse the other ones that made it in, but that is one you have to stop 100% of the time in the playoffs.

I'm also sick of Gionta. If he doesn't step up soon I think his time as a Hab has to come to close as we are going to need the cap space for guys who can contribute.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Nedved

If he was able to answer questions such as: where are you? who are you? etc. and was able to talk, I wouldn't be too worried. However, when he continued to try and get up, it shows he was aware of the situation, which is a cause of concern.

the important thing is for eller to be healthy. brain injuries are very scary.

unaware*

Old
05-02-2013, 11:02 PM
HabbyDays*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think any halfway decent human being would...He's just a 23yo kid, and especially Lars, he barely looks out of puberty. Not even sure if he has developed facial hair yet..
23 year old kid? Is that like a 40 year old teenager?

Old
05-02-2013, 11:03 PM
dutchy29

Price got out-classed by Anderson. Its sort of what all of us feared most.
I'm still in Prices corner for game 2, waiting for him to just turn it around and prove all the haters wrong but he is running out of time. when you pay someone 6.5million its because you hope they are a game changer. Price is singlehandidly losing these games. No sign of Pat Roy here, reminds me more of red light racicot.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Kenny Powders

Anderson lost a tooth after the shot he took on the mask.

Damn...

Old
05-02-2013, 11:04 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
^ The length at which people will go to rationalize their point of view always surprises me.

Let's use logic a little, have you ever seen a hockey player knocked out from a shoulder check with no head contact at all ?
YES!!! and I've seen it in football as well. Maybe you should try and understand what can actually cause a concussion instead of just rejecting the truth.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Is markov tired or exposed? Been a while since he played this many games...

Closed Thread