Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Better place to watch game #5

Old
06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Radu22

vCash: 500
Better place to watch game #5

Maybe I'll be in Boston saturday and I wondering what is the best place to watch the game #5. Anyone from Boston can help me?

Radu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
I'm sure you'd get a better answer on the Boston board.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
2mannings1cup

It's gonna be tough to find a bar with the game on because the Red Sox play Saturday night too. Most bars will have the Sox game on the primary TV's and the B's on just a couple. Unfortunate, but the Red Sox are king in Boston.

2mannings1cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:39 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mannings1cup View Post
It's gonna be tough to find a bar with the game on because the Red Sox play Saturday night too. Most bars will have the Sox game on the primary TV's and the B's on just a couple. Unfortunate, but the Red Sox are king in Boston.

TV ratings strongly disagree with you.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
apricissimus

Quote:
The Red Sox may be the most popular team in town, but what your saying is an exaggeration.

apricissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:44 PM
LucicIsABeast

Quote:
I live in boston and this is just bs. As for where to watch, if you want crowded, any major bar around garden will have it. I like greatest bar only because of the large screen downstairs

LucicIsABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
2mannings1cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post

TV ratings strongly disagree with you.
Nope. The Bruins this season averaged about a 7. I can guarantee the Sox will easily beat that. Hell, last year which was the worst Sox teams in decades beat it.

You don't want to compare playoff ratings either. The Bruins are in the low-mid 20s now. Red Sox playoff games destroy that.

2mannings1cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Killemdeader

Quote:
Nope. The Bruins this season averaged about a 7. I can guarantee the Sox will easily beat that. Hell, last year which was the worst Sox teams in decades beat it.

You don't want to compare playoff ratings either. The Bruins are in the low-mid 20s now. Red Sox playoff games destroy that.
We're comparing the Bruins' SCF game to a regular season Sox game. The bruins will certainly trump that.

Killemdeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:58 PM
dspbathroom

I went to a bar in LI for one of the games of the NYR/Caps series and had to ask them to change one of the TVs that had the Mets on. The Mets over playoff hockey. I'm a Mets fan and even I thought it was ridiculous.

dspbathroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:01 PM
danpantz

Quote:
This is very wrong. When its an scf game vs. a regular season baseball game. They are going championship game 100% of time.

danpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

The Harp, Hurricane O'Reilly's, The Greatest Bar are my favorites right near the Garden. Other places are Jose Macntyre's, Coogan's, Kitty O'Sheas

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Oil Nation

Quote:
Just got back from Boston where I watched both games 1 and 2 in bars. This is wrong. Boston is all about the Bruins right now and it will be on with sound in every sports bar worth its salt. I'm partial to McGreevy's on Boylston

Oil Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

Quote:
Red Sox are hardly the king right now. Bruins have EASILY been the most popular team since the playoffs started. The Celtics are on decline, and I think the Bruins have taken them over anyway. Patriots aren't playing, and it's the middle of the season for baseball.

Every single bar will have the Bruins game on. Ever since 2011 the Bruins have been the hottest ticket in town when they're playing. People finally gave them a chance again with the rest of our teams disappointing, and they liked what they saw.

Red Sox might be the most popular of the Boston sports, but the Bruins SCF game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a regular season game.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
LucicIsABeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Dangle For You View Post
The Harp, Hurricane O'Reilly's, The Greatest Bar are my favorites right near the Garden. Other places are Jose Macntyre's, Coogan's, Kitty O'Sheas
Be careful with coogans and Jose's, not a ton of tv's but by the garden you can't go wrong

LucicIsABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
wtf Do you live in Boston? Not a chance. The sox might be on a TV in the back.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicIsABeast View Post
Be careful with coogans and Jose's, not a ton of tv's but by the garden you can't go wrong
Yea coogans has some blind spots and no HDTV. I like Jose's though. The harp is my favorite

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Radu22

Thanks to all!

Radu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Bruins have passed the Red Sox in Boston, and are second to only the Patriots. Red Sox have a bigger national and international following, but try getting a Bruins regular season ticket compared to even a Red Sox Yankees ticket. B's sell for 2X, 3X, 4X more

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote