Official Sports Radio/Television Thread Part X

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Turk 16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
I don't follow every jot & tittle, so this is new to me, and disappointing.

Z is an excellent captain. When he retires, it will be Patrice's team. They are both "true Bruins."
I don't either. I had forgotten all about Murphy until the twitter war with Ward. I don't usually check out ESPN Boston. Or Twitter, for that matter.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
I don't either. I had forgotten all about Murphy until the twitter war with Ward. I don't usually check out ESPN Boston. Or Twitter, for that matter.
Is Murph known for starting fires & running away? I used to listen to his show (their have been several) on 1510 'round 2005, and I didn't get that sense.

As with 'eei, I ignore ESPN on general principal.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Is Murph known for starting fires & running away? I used to listen to his show (their have been several) on 1510 'round 2005, and I didn't get that sense.

With Murph, I'd say it's more "throw poop against a wall and see if it sticks." That's always been his m.o.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:06 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Yup. He reeks of self-importance.

ESPN knows hockey
He's got contacts, he's been inside the locker room, he knows more than everyone else in the world...

The dude is a baby. You call him out on his BS and he starts throwing his resume around as if that makes his argument valid and unassailable. Best part is he tried to throw it at Ward and he crushed him. The line about murph getting in the dressing room for ten minutes after a game and Ward being there the whole time because he was on the team was classic. Murph is and always will be a petty little man.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:08 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

No, he's more of a personal vendetta type (much like Haggs with Thomas) who will grind a player he doesn't like, and when you call him on it or challenge him, he pulls his "do you know who I am?" routine.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:11 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
No, he's more of a personal vendetta type (much like Haggs with Thomas) who will grind a player he doesn't like, and when you call him on it or challenge him, he pulls his "do you know who I am?" routine.
Related to Kevin Lowe??

Old
05-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's got contacts, he's been inside the locker room, he knows more than everyone else in the world...

The dude is a baby. You call him out on his BS and he starts throwing his resume around as if that makes his argument valid and unassailable. Best part is he tried to throw it at Ward and he crushed him. The line about murph getting in the dressing room for ten minutes after a game and Ward being there the whole time because he was on the team was classic. Murph is and always will be a petty little man.
he sounds like he's all of 15 years old.

Prosit!

Old
05-17-2013, 08:36 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
he sounds like he's all of 15 years old.

Prosit!
Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell...

Old
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Pie O My

Ron from Vegas - The ref won that game for the Bruins last night by jumping out of the way of the puck so Bergy could get it.

umm, does he understand that the officials are supposed to make every effort to get out of the way?

Old
05-17-2013, 09:40 AM
hoss75

My uncle was talking about this last night.. I kept asking "WHO said that about Neely?" "Some inside media guy."
Had I known he meant Murph I would have spit up my $7 beerworks pale ale.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Ron from Vegas - The ref won that game for the Bruins last night by jumping out of the way of the puck so Bergy could get it.

umm, does he understand that the officials are supposed to make every effort to get out of the way?
I was actually a little concerned that the ref wouldn't get out of the way in time. As soon as Bergeron raced toward the puck I saw the ref and figured it would get broken up.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:56 AM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Quote:

He must've bet on NYR.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
He must've bet on NYR.
he said he bet on the Bruins.

He made it sound like there was some sort of favoritism going on, which is just bizarre. I hate when officials get in the way, but the hate is more directed at the situation. They always make an effort to get out of the way as best as they can.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
BB624

Quote:
he said he bet on the Bruins.

He made it sound like there was some sort of favoritism going on, which is just bizarre. I hate when officials get in the way, but the hate is more directed at the situation. They always make an effort to get out of the way as best as they can.
And there is nothing worse than "celebrity" sports talk callers. The dude thinks he knows everything about sports and gambling.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB624 View Post
And there is nothing worse than "celebrity" sports talk callers. The dude thinks he knows everything about sports and gambling.
For a while I hadn't heard him call in and was wondering if the station didn't want him on where he promotes gambling..I wonder why the calls to Felger and Mazz have stopped?

Old
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Of course they are. That's a remarkably stupid comment.

Edited to clarify - meaning his comment, not yours.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
blackngold4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB624 View Post
No kidding.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
For a while I hadn't heard him call in and was wondering if the station didn't want him on where he promotes gambling..I wonder why the calls to Felger and Mazz have stopped?
The two I like are Frank the Tank because he's a great Bruins fan, and Mike from Attelboro is freaking funny- dont always agree with him about the Bruins, but he's got some good standup material

Old
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The two I like are Frank the Tank because he's a great Bruins fan, and Mike from Attelboro is freaking funny- dont always agree with him about the Bruins, but he's got some good standup material
Frank is the only celebrity caller I enjoy. Mike from Attleboro gets old fast. Wayne from Grafton is funny because he's a dirty old man who always says something perverted...I also wonder what happened where Felger said last week that they arent allowed to talk about pants tents and hogans anymore haha

Old
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Kate08

I used to be entertained by Mike from Attleboro. And then I had this mental image of him staring in a mirror and practicing his daily rant before calling into the show.

It made me sad for him.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:20 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
Frank is the only celebrity caller I enjoy. Mike from Attleboro gets old fast. Wayne from Grafton is funny because he's a dirty old man who always says something perverted...I also wonder what happened where Felger said last week that they arent allowed to talk about pants tents and hogans anymore haha
Wayne is a quick hit like Frank from Gloucester, and the producers need to be paying attention- he's been a bit awkward lately and that is saying something. I listen from 5-5:45 on my drive home and get all the characters on the Felger & Mazz Show; Mike from A is still pretty funny and I was suprised to hear him say he has kids. The pants tent stuff is fine with me but I know some of the girls I work with who are late 30's with 10-12 year olds listen to that show, and I can just hear one of the 10 year olds asking mommy why do they keep saying Richard? or 'what is a pants tent' (this is definitely one of the times its ok to say, 'ask your father'). As for the show the best part is Fridays with Gasper, and Wiggie is good but his fire Claude and replace him with Mike Keenan should get him a 2 weeks suspension

Last edited by DKH: 05-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old
05-17-2013, 11:25 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I used to be entertained by Mike from Attleboro. And then I had this mental image of him staring in a mirror and practicing his daily rant before calling into the show.

It made me sad for him.
forget him, feel sad for me. I have the day off but am to tired to go to the gym or clean the deck, and am going to have to take a nap after last nights game.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

It made me sad for him.
We call that "Butch from the Caping."

Old
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Kate08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
forget him, feel sad for me. I have the day off but am to tired to go to the gym or clean the deck, and am going to have to take a nap after last nights game.
I'm working from home and think I need the same...after my lunch gets here.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
MattFromFranklin
#FireSweeneyandNeely

I think Dave From Plymouth is Felger's favorite celebrity caller. Why? Because his landline is "so beautiful." There's not much that Felger hates more than crappy phones.

Closed Thread