HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanabe?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 04:16 AM
phtrem

vCash: 500
Tanabe?

How his camp goes? Will he breakout this season?

Old
09-26-2003, 11:05 AM
phtrem

Thanks Vince!

He got one pass on a power play goal yesterday, maybe his confidence will grow in Phx. Somebody saw the game ?

Old
09-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Waldo

Looking Good

Vancouver game : Tanabe led all Coyotes players in ice time with 23:38 minutes played and was voted the game’s first star by the local media. He was given #1 defensman time and will replace Teppo quite admirably if he plays this way. Since it's only preseason nothing is certain but so far he might even be an upgrade over Teppo. Time will tell but you gotta be impressed with his play and with the confidence that BF has shown in him. But I'm a homer..........

Old
09-26-2003, 01:40 PM
XX
... Waiting

He might be an upgrade?

No, thats probably just his partner covering up Tanabes mistakes. I wouldnt mind icing him as a 4th forward, thats basically what a Offensive dman is.

Hopefully his ego can stay in check, big problem say carolina fans.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Skydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo
Vancouver game : Tanabe led all Coyotes players in ice time with 23:38 minutes played and was voted the game’s first star by the local media. He was given #1 defensman time and will replace Teppo quite admirably if he plays this way. Since it's only preseason nothing is certain but so far he might even be an upgrade over Teppo. Time will tell but you gotta be impressed with his play and with the confidence that BF has shown in him. But I'm a homer..........
He is not an upgrade over Teppo but if he pulls himself together he can perform admirably. He had his best season while playing along Paul Coffey so that may be the key to get him going. The main problem we had with him in Carolina was horrible decision making and tentative play.

Old
09-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
He is not an upgrade over Teppo but if he pulls himself together he can perform admirably. He had his best season while playing along Paul Coffey so that may be the key to get him going. The main problem we had with him in Carolina was horrible decision making and tentative play.
Yes, I'm exagerating but bad decision making and tentative play is often the result of a lack of confidence. I'm not a big fan of BF. I don't think he has the imagination and temperament to be the coach of a young developing hockey team. He tends to play veterans and thinks defense first. He likes the puck to be dumped into the zone and wants his forwards to cycle the puck. If he has the confidence in Tanabe and Hrdina to give them big ice time, then BF must think that Tanabe is his best D'man and Hrdina his best forward. But it is only preseason. I'm just saying that so far so good ........ Naslund and Bertuzzi played last nite and they form the best line in the NHL preseason or no preseason. Like I said ..... BF has confidence in Tanabe and Hrdina. They got the icetime because BF thought they were the 2 best players.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:10 PM
eye

Quote:
Yes, I'm exagerating but bad decision making and tentative play is often the result of a lack of confidence. I'm not a big fan of BF. I don't think he has the imagination and temperament to be the coach of a young developing hockey team. He tends to play veterans and thinks defense first. He likes the puck to be dumped into the zone and wants his forwards to cycle the puck. If he has the confidence in Tanabe and Hrdina to give them big ice time, then BF must think that Tanabe is his best D'man and Hrdina his best forward. But it is only preseason. I'm just saying that so far so good ........ Naslund and Bertuzzi played last nite and they form the best line in the NHL preseason or no preseason. Like I said ..... BF has confidence in Tanabe and Hrdina. They got the icetime because BF thought they were the 2 best players.
waldo, according to the stats with a couple of exceptions almost everyone played between 20 and 25 shifts, not a big deal. They had rookies playing in the last minute of periods so I dont think this was about having confidence, it was about seeing who could do what.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:23 AM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
waldo, according to the stats with a couple of exceptions almost everyone played between 20 and 25 shifts, not a big deal. They had rookies playing in the last minute of periods so I dont think this was about having confidence, it was about seeing who could do what.
Sheesh ....... are you trying to tell me I'm premature in annointing Tanaba as a bonifide NHL #1 D'man??? Well ....... I'm inclined to trust your judgement. We all know that Teppo and Markov were both crippled last season with foot injuries and were playing nowhere near up to their previous standards. We are all hoping that Tanabe has a breakout year and becomes our #1 Dman. I just have a positive feeling about his play so far. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that this could be his defining year. I'm just penciling him in as our star #1 defenseman until he proves otherwise. I haven't, however, even seen him play. We'll get an impression of him over the next 3 games. If he plays sound hockey and gets top ice time, I'll even change my opinion of BF. Tanabe and Hrdina are the keys to our season. I like what's been happening so far and am enjoying the moment.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
I wouldnt mind icing him as a 4th forward.
Bad idea.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:33 AM
hbk

Quote:
Sheesh ....... are you trying to tell me I'm premature in annointing Tanaba as a bonifide NHL #1 D'man??? Well ....... I'm inclined to trust your judgement. We all know that Teppo and Markov were both crippled last season with foot injuries and were playing nowhere near up to their previous standards. We are all hoping that Tanabe has a breakout year and becomes our #1 Dman. I just have a positive feeling about his play so far. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that this could be his defining year. I'm just penciling him in as our star #1 defenseman until he proves otherwise. I haven't, however, even seen him play. We'll get an impression of him over the next 3 games. If he plays sound hockey and gets top ice time, I'll even change my opinion of BF. Tanabe and Hrdina are the keys to our season. I like what's been happening so far and am enjoying the moment.
Actually Tanabe appears to be much better than advertised. He's one player I'm excited about following this season. He could be a huge steal for Phoenix; especially if he averages 24-30 minutes of ice time a game and ends up a "plus". It looks like he will be given the reigns to quarterback the PP. My expecations for Tanabe have increased exponentially because of his reported play this fall.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:09 AM
phtrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Actually Tanabe appears to be much better than advertised. He's one player I'm excited about following this season. He could be a huge steal for Phoenix; especially if he averages 24-30 minutes of ice time a game and ends up a "plus". It looks like he will be given the reigns to quarterback the PP. My expecations for Tanabe have increased exponentially because of his reported play this fall.
Thanks guys for all your reports!

I'm in a keeper pool and I got Tanabe 3 years ago... I'm very pleased of your comments (his probable development). I think it will be a decisive year for him, and if can get confidence, he could definitly explode. How many points do you expect of him for the next three years?

Old
10-03-2003, 04:10 AM
phtrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by phtrem
Thanks guys for all your reports!

I'm in a keeper pool and I got Tanabe 3 years ago... I'm very pleased of your comments (his probable development). I think it will be a decisive year for him, and if can get confidence, he could definitly explode. How many points do you expect of him for the next three years?
An other point yesterday... somebody saw the game? Is 30 points too high expectation?

Old
10-03-2003, 11:45 PM
CoyoteBaloney

I didnt see the game, but Tanabe will be given the ice time to get those 30 points. He seems to have bulked up this off season so I think 25 points is a good season and 30 points will be a very nice season for him.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
I didnt see the game, but Tanabe will be given the ice time to get those 30 points. He seems to have bulked up this off season so I think 25 points is a good season and 30 points will be a very nice season for him.
I agree that 30 pts. would be a nice season but that total would mean a mediocre season for the Yotes power play once again. I was hoping for more like 45-50 pts. with Tanabe playing every power play. Anything less would mean we had a poor pp and as a result a well below .500 record. CT, is your probation period finished????

Old
10-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Yahoo boxscore says he played 25+ minutes last night. Anyone get a chance to see him play? How is he looking, overall?

Closed Thread