HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF Gm#2: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/2/13 - Another Heartbreaker...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
  #326
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
You must think DL is an idiot if you think his fascination with Richards is gonna be strong enough to cost him his job. Thats bad management.
Lombardi built this team from the ground up, Richards is his type of player.

It's not hard to see. Open your eye's.

Who is going to fire Lombardi ? AEG ? That puppet they have as president now ?

Lombardi brought the first cup in 45 years, and is in charge of ALL Hockey operations....

If Mike puts up an average season next year.....He is going no where.

He doesn't even have to be good, just average.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
  #327
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
As much grief as some of you are giving Richards, he is the one who setup the lone Kings' goal and has prevented quite a few scoring opportunities for the Blues. Yes, he is not generating much in terms of scoring opportunities, but neither are the 11 other forwards on the team.

Judging by how they wore down as the game progressed, you'd think that the entire team is out of shape. There were few shifts that were far in between where they had their legs going, but this team isn't going to go far if most of their play is stuck along the boards. Last year they were moving from the boards to the open areas and getting shots through. This year, not so much. And that is starting from Kopitar all the way down to Fraser and Nolan.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
  #328
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
You must think DL is an idiot if you think his fascination with Richards is gonna be strong enough to cost him his job. Thats bad management.
What makes you think retaining Richards is going to cost him his job? If anything, trading Richards may cost his job.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:01 AM
  #329
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
What makes you think retaining Richards is going to cost him his job? If anything, trading Richards may cost his job.
Bingo.....

Some people on here play way too much Fantasy hockey or NHL 13.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
  #330
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
You would think we are picking top five this year...

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
  #331
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
What makes you think retaining Richards is going to cost him his job? If anything, trading Richards may cost his job.
He's not doing anything really.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  #332
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
You would think we are picking top five this year...
Yup.

Trade Richards ?

What ?

Like Lombardi would even consider that....Like Ever.

Richards would have to fall off the face of the earth. Like Zero points in an 82 game schedule.

Did you see Lombardi's reaction when he got asked if he would consider buying out Richards contract.....Lombardi was floored.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:05 AM
  #333
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
He's not doing anything really.
Nether is Kopitar trade him ? Kopitar cost Two million more.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:05 AM
  #334
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You guys need to get moving Richards out of your heads.....

The GM is Dean Lombardi.......Let me say that again....Dean Lombardi...

Mike Richards is going nowhere, he is the wet dream of Lombardi.

The guy is going to retire a King.

You can disagree with that , but your are in for years of disappointment if you think Lombardi is every going to move that guy(regardless of production)....

Just look at Stoll......You think Lombardi is going to move Richards ?
I think Lombardi will do what he thinks is best for the team going forward. If he has any reservations about paying MR over 40 million for the life of his contract and he can get good value for him I think he would consider it.

I think you mistake the Philly version of MR for the LA version when you call him a Lombardi wet dream.

I don't think MR will be traded this year, but he does have a lot more value than he would have at this time next year if he sleepwalks through another season like he did this year.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
  #335
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I think Lombardi will do what he thinks is best for the team going forward. If he has any reservations about paying MR over 40 million for the life of his contract and he can get good value for him I think he would consider it.

I think you mistake the Philly version of MR for the LA version when you call him a Lombardi wet dream.

I don't think MR will be traded this year, but he does have a lot more value than he would have at this time next year if he sleepwalks through another season like he did this year.
He just has to be average, come on Herby it's Lombardi. Stoll was awful for TWO full years...And got resigned.

You think Lombardi cares about the money ? It's not his money...

And the Cap will go back up.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
  #336
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
He's not doing anything really.
Last year, Richards in 74 games scored 44 pts which is .6pt per game.

This year, Richards in 48 games scored 32 pts which is almost .7pt per game.

So, in actuality, he's done more this year than last.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
  #337
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Nether is Kopitar trade him ? Kopitar cost Two million more.
Kopitar is actually useful most of the time.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
  #338
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Last year, Richards in 74 games scored 44 pts which is .6pt per game.

This year, Richards in 48 games scored 32 pts which is almost .7pt per game.

So, in actuality, he's done more this year than last.
And looked like garbage doing it....That is shocking.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  #339
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Kopitar is actually useful most of the time.
So is Richards.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  #340
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Last year, Richards in 74 games scored 44 pts which is .6pt per game.

This year, Richards in 48 games scored 32 pts which is almost .7pt per game.

So, in actuality, he's done more this year than last.
This would be like arguing the value of MA Bergeron based on points.

Richards was a PP player this year, that's all he was. The same reason Kopitar has still put up points during his poor stretch. They are empty points.

Richards was on the ice for more goals-against than any Kings forward and had the worst +/- on the team. He was poor in 5 on 5 situations. Despite spending most of the year with Jeff Carter.

The Kings need 10 and 11 to be good to have a chance to win games against good teams. 10 was bad all year, and 11 joined him about halfway through the season.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM
  #341
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Wow the fall of Rome is happening in here, you guys need to chill the hell out jeez.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM
  #342
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
Blow it up.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:15 AM
  #343
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Guys, Richards finished 29th in scoring among centers in the NHL. That's top 30. That's the same amount of points as guys like Seguin and Bergeron and Pavelski and J. Staal. Even with the PP points, he can provide offense in spurts. The problem is that the Kings' offense is cyclical, and he's part of that offense. To single out Richards isn't fair when there are others who are just as important to the team (and even more so) who disappear for long stretches.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:15 AM
  #344
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Blow it up.
Might as well for some people.

There was a lot less drama when the Kings were the NHL doormat.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:19 AM
  #345
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 5,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
You would think we are picking top five this year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Yup.

Trade Richards ?

What ?

Like Lombardi would even consider that....Like Ever.

Richards would have to fall off the face of the earth. Like Zero points in an 82 game schedule.

Did you see Lombardi's reaction when he got asked if he would consider buying out Richards contract.....Lombardi was floored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
Wow the fall of Rome is happening in here, you guys need to chill the hell out jeez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Guys, Richards finished 29th in scoring among centers in the NHL. That's top 30. That's the same amount of points as guys like Seguin and Bergeron and Pavelski and J. Staal. Even with the PP points, he can provide offense in spurts. The problem is that the Kings' offense is cyclical, and he's part of that offense. To single out Richards isn't fair when there are others who are just as important to the team (and even more so) who disappear for long stretches.
Seriously. I mean jesus christ, I don't have a good feeling about this year's playoffs the way things are going but some of you acting like we need to jettison half the team are out to lunch. Kopitar will come back healthy next year, same with Greene, Mitchell will either be or he will be adequately replaced and half our D won't be two rookies and a sophmore.

Trade Richards? Sure maybe we should trade Carter too, it worked out so well in Philly...

Holy hell.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
  #346
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Guys, Richards finished 29th in scoring among centers in the NHL. That's top 30. That's the same amount of points as guys like Seguin and Bergeron and Pavelski and J. Staal. Even with the PP points, he can provide offense in spurts. The problem is that the Kings' offense is cyclical, and he's part of that offense. To single out Richards isn't fair when there are others who are just as important to the team (and even more so) who disappear for long stretches.
This YES.

I am just lost for words how Bad Kopitar has been with two AWESOME wingers on his line.

Williams/Brown have been monsters, and they are just dragging Kopitar kicking and screaming.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:21 AM
  #347
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,010
vCash: 500
Who is saying blow anything up?

Someone mentioned possibly trading the Kings most disappointing forward this season and people are discussing the possibility.

I don't think anything drastic will happen with the Kings this offseason, but when your two highest paid forwards play like Kopitar and Richards did this year it's not completely out of the realm to discuss trades.

I hope both bounce back to previous levels, but you never know. I've never seen Kopi look as bad as he did in Game 1.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:22 AM
  #348
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
This would be like arguing the value of MA Bergeron based on points.

Richards was a PP player this year, that's all he was. The same reason Kopitar has still put up points during his poor stretch. They are empty points.

Richards was on the ice for more goals-against than any Kings forward and had the worst +/- on the team. He was poor in 5 on 5 situations. Despite spending most of the year with Jeff Carter.

The Kings need 10 and 11 to be good to have a chance to win games against good teams. 10 was bad all year, and 11 joined him about halfway through the season.
Carter was scoring like crazy too.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
  #349
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
a blow up would be pretty cool, im sick of seeing the same faces.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
  #350
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Who is saying blow anything up?

Someone mentioned possibly trading the Kings most disappointing forward this season and people are discussing the possibility.

I don't think anything drastic will happen with the Kings this offseason, but when your two highest paid forwards play like Kopitar and Richards did this year it's not completely out of the realm to discuss trades.

I hope both bounce back to previous levels, but you never know. I've never seen Kopi look as bad as he did in Game 1.
I would say that belongs to Kopitar.

Kopitar is paid to dominate Games and make his wingers better.

Williams dragged Kopitar along all season. Brown as well.

Richards and Kopi both this year were lackluster at times.

Drew Doughty gets my MVP vote, Drew was asked to do a lot and play a lot, and he is still the Best Defender on the ice nightly.

Remember last year when Drew said "I am suppose to be the best Defender on the ice nightly" And he was...

Kopitar needs some of that. Cause over the last three weeks Stoll has outplayed Richards and Kopitar.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.