HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Barret Jackman

Old
05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Barret Jackman

Him scoring the goal tonight reminded me that I've always liked this guy. I really wish Yzerman would have tried to get him in free agency a season or two ago (he made FA, right?). Anyway, I'm sure it's a long shot because he's probably not up for sale, but what would the Blues want from the Lightning to get Jackman?

We can offer everyone except Stamkos, Hedman, and probably Marty. Vinny you probably don't want anyway. I would prefer to keep our 1st rounder too. I know this probably seems like a "our crap for your star" thread, but I just want to know how Jackman is valued.

Our enticing pieces are Teddy Purcell, Brett Connolly, Ryan Malone (I know, I know), and... Well, just name it.

We have plenty of offense to spare. Blues were 17th in goals for which isn't bad at all, but I really would like a deal to come out of this.

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:38 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Jackman will retire a Blue. He's been with the team for his whole career signed a very fair contract. He finally is on a team with a real shot to make a run again.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:39 AM
frankielax

vCash: 500
I don't want to say that Jackman is unobtainable because that would be wrong. But he is a very good 3rd pairing D-man who also happens to be a career Blue so far and seems quite content to stay that way. It wouldn't break my heart to trade him for a decent player or 2, but he is close to being a sentimental 'do not trade' guy. Probably not great business, but i'm not a robot so his loyalty and mean streak mean something.

frankielax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Roboturner913

Carolina could also use Jackman.

I could be reading this situation all wrong but I'm thinking Jackman might be up for trade with Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk contracts coming up, with Polak playing very well and a couple of young guys almost ready to make the jump.

Seems to me any deal might be built around draft picks and/or center prospects. The Blues could really use first-line scorers but no team is going to be very willing to do that.

I totally get why Blues fans would not want to see him go, though. It would almost be wrong.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Like others have said. We are contending for the cup now and is already a lifelong Blue and has really done a lot for the organization. I'm sure he takes a big discount when his contract is up or he will just retire. Guy is a warrior and plays through anything though.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

He's going to retire a Blue. He signed a discount and he's our generation's Plager.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

He's going to retire a Blue. He's been here for 12 years now and he's just a perfect fit. Don't want to move him.

If the Blues were to win the Cup, Jackman is the guy who would have the cup passed to first from Backes.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Also it should be noted Jackman has a NTC. I do not see the Blues asking him to waive it ever. It would be one thing if the Blues were not contenders to try to give him a shot at the cup.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:19 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

There's a reason he's allowed to wear #5.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Vladys Gumption

He's not going anywhere. He took a rather noticeable hometown discount to stay. Plus he has a NTC. This is probably the first Blues team he's ever been on with a legitimate shot at the cup. I just can't see him being moved. He's playing the best hockey of his career, and that's part of why we've been so successful.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:28 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
There's a reason he's allowed to wear #5.
Yep. I really wouldn't be surprised if they honored him as well with it either. The jersey number that can't be retired, and can only be worn by someone who truly understands what it is to be a Blue. I like it...

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
SteenMachine

We'd have to have a major physical force come into the team to replace him at this point, he's not exactly one himself, however he does a great job of playing that role and if he didn't spend so much of his career playing injured would get a lot more respect. He has enough experience to not be seen as expendable just yet, so there'd have to be a good offer based on needs or maybe even salary down the line.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Oshie97

If Jackman ever plays in any other uniform ill be sick, guys is a Blue through and through. Only other d man I would call tough on the blue line besides Jackman is Polak, so he fills an important role to the team.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Jackman never made it to UFA.

Polak would be a more likely target for a trade.

Don't be surprised if Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo get a shorter term deal to allow the Blues to keep their defense together.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Jackman never made it to UFA.

Polak would be a more likely target for a trade.

Don't be surprised if Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo get a shorter term deal to allow the Blues to keep their defense together.
I'd be shocked if Pietrangelo did, but Shattenkirk might. Polak is probably a more likely trade target than Jackman simply because Jackman's a lifer as many have said. Polak played monster minutes in Game one (led all Blues in even strength time) and was 2d behind Pietrangelo overall in minutes. Shattenkirk was 5th (ahead of Leopold) both games in D minutes.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote