HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 15.0 - Not The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 06:30 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Trust me its way HARDER than it looks like + 1000% is pressure. Just try it on FIFA u will see and put the difficulty level : on hard.
Even better, just go the the nearest soccer field with a friend and try to score on him from the penalty spot. You'll go for the corners and you'll miss some.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Just had a flash. I think its time to think outside of the box. Our next DP shouuld be someone that can play Bernier's CDM role to perfection, leaving Patrice with more offensive freedom. Big size, good tackling but good offensive play when needed

I'm thinking someone in the mould of Paul Pogba would be perfect. I know some of you guys are Juve fans, but for those who aren't/don't know what kind of player he is;

Old
05-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

At this point i just wonder if imfc have intentions of getting a second DP... toronto and vamcouver are aggressive as hell... but here very quiet since di vaio.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:56 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Pogba is unreal. You won't find that kinda talent to play here

Old
05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Pogba is unreal. You won't find that kinda talent to play here
What I meant is the mould of player. DW I know that we won't find that lol

Old
05-13-2013, 10:18 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
At this point i just wonder if imfc have intentions of getting a second DP... toronto and vamcouver are aggressive as hell... but here very quiet since di vaio.
Maybe too aggressive, Toronto has been **** and Vancouver has dipped.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Maybe too aggressive, Toronto has been **** and Vancouver has dipped.
Our scouting has been impecable though. If only March could of selected the right players in the unprotected list...

It's pretty obvious right now that our needs in order are
1) A #10 midfielder capable of setting up our forwards. A real leader on the fiels
*cough* Totti *cough*. Sorry...

2) A star left back capable of moving up offensively when we're losing and one who doesn't lose every freackin 1 on 1 battle.

3) A 4th forward to complete the Di Vaio, Paponi, Wenger tandem. We need to assure a rotation of quality forwards to keep the pressure on the opposing defense for 90 minutes. But with those 3 alone ot's a pretty awesome group already.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Our scouting has been impecable though. If only March could of selected the right players in the unprotected list...

It's pretty obvious right now that our needs in order are
1) A #10 midfielder capable of setting up our forwards. A real leader on the fiels
*cough* Totti *cough*. Sorry...

2) A star left back capable of moving up offensively when we're losing and one who doesn't lose every freackin 1 on 1 battle.

3) A 4th forward to complete the Di Vaio, Paponi, Wenger tandem. We need to assure a rotation of quality forwards to keep the pressure on the opposing defense for 90 minutes. But with those 3 alone ot's a pretty awesome group already.
Totti is not a midfielder, he plays behind the striker. We need a player that plays more deeply. A more effective Felipe let's say.

And for the LB position, would be really unfair for Brovsky. He's been amazing for us. Hopefully Nesta and Rivas will be back soon so Camara can play RB and Brovsky moves to LB.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:02 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Totti is not a midfielder, he plays behind the striker. We need a player that plays more deeply. A more effective Felipe let's say.

And for the LB position, would be really unfair for Brovsky. He's been amazing for us. Hopefully Nesta and Rivas will be back soon so Camara can play RB and Brovsky moves to LB.
Well if we were to acquire a LB then I would only assume that Brovsky would move to his preferred position on the right side of the defense (RB).

Old
05-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

Well Totti would play behind 2 strikers in Montreal. I know that a striker "behind the striker" is very popular in Italy (I forgot how they call them, the "Del Piero type players"), but I have no doubt that Totti would adjust to the new position pretty damn well.

Personnally I don't really care of what's unfair. Brovsky has a lot of hearth but he is non-existent offensively. He's a damn good versatile substitute though. We all know that Camara, Nesta and Ferrari are not losing their spots, (when healthy obviously), buf Brovsky could still see action every game.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:20 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Even better, just go the the nearest soccer field with a friend and try to score on him from the penalty spot. You'll go for the corners and you'll miss some.
Well its very different your friend as a GK or a real professional (500 matchs + in his lifetime) and its not even fair what happens if you miss one against your friend ? You re-take it, What happens if you miss one in a final ? Haunted for a life.

As for the LB Im surprised this team didnt go after Zambrotta. And, Totti can play midfield but forget him he wont come (this year) & we seem impatient to wait for next year. But damn it will be weird Roma without Totti. This team needs an AM DP ala Modric... R80 ??? after next year ofc

Old
05-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Well its very different your friend as a GK or a real professional (500 matchs + in his lifetime) and its not even fair what happens if you miss one against your friend ? You re-take it, What happens if you miss one in a final ? Haunted for a life.

As for the LB Im surprised this team didnt go after Zambrotta. And, Totti can play midfield but forget him he wont come (this year) & we seem impatient to wait for next year. But damn it will be weird Roma without Totti. This team needs an AM DP ala Modric... R80 ??? after next year ofc
Can Zambrotta still play the game at a decent pace?

Old
05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
The Impact beat reporter for 98,5fm said this weekend that Saputo won't get another dp, because of financial considerations.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Well Totti would play behind 2 strikers in Montreal. I know that a striker "behind the striker" is very popular in Italy (I forgot how they call them, the "Del Piero type players"), but I have no doubt that Totti would adjust to the new position pretty damn well.
trequartista

Old
05-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Impact beat reporter for 98,5fm said this weekend that Saputo won't get another dp, because of financial considerations.
Putting pressure on fans is he?

Old
05-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:

Personnally I don't really care of what's unfair. Brovsky has a lot of hearth but he is non-existent offensively. He's a damn good versatile substitute though. We all know that Camara, Nesta and Ferrari are not losing their spots, (when healthy obviously), buf Brovsky could still see action every game.
They're called trequartista.

If Totti would play behind 2 strikers here then you would have to scrap the wingers and replace them with 2 CMs and play 4-3-1-2. Won't happen really. He would play behind Di Vaio up front.

Anyway, I don't think we're acquiring him at least this summer.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Can Zambrotta still play the game at a decent pace?
Well he’d still be better than Iapicheapno for sure.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Hassoun at the end.

"Champagne! Champagne!"

He seems like such a great teammate.

05-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I think it makes sense given that Saputo probably thought that the MLS adventure would be a bigger financial success. We still have the 4th or 5th highest payroll in the league.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Guilliam

When does Ferrari's contract ends? I hope he stays for a while. Him and Camara are awesome.

OT, the Timber Army really are an amazing group of fans

Old
05-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Woland

I hope to see everyone at the game tmr !

Old
05-14-2013, 05:05 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Will be there. Driving from.Quebec City as usual

Old
05-14-2013, 06:01 PM
MontrealYul

I don't know if we have enough deep to compete in MLS and the Champions League. Anyways let's try winning it tomorrow first..

Old
05-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Guilliam

I know the team probably doesn't see it this way but I'd prefer if we'd get in the Champions League. It was a lot of fun when we did 3 or 4 years ago.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Captain Saku

We dont play until next week-end. So there is no excuse not to put the best available lineup. Hopefully Nesta is fit.

I need to make some phone calls to check who can go with me tomorrow. The only local game I missed this season was the 6-0 win against TFC.

Closed Thread