HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 15.0 - Not The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2013, 08:42 PM
  #676
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Dutchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
I'm so glad I got season tickets. Every time I have a blast!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Dutchy is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:46 PM
  #677
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pominville, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,791
vCash: 50
Let's forget about hockey MDV is Montreal's best athlete right now. Subban and Calvillo take 2nd and 3rd place.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:53 PM
  #678
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Let's forget about hockey MDV is Montreal's best athlete right now. Subban and Calvillo take 2nd and 3rd place.
Nah... subban no1 cause he is in his prime physically and a top world class player... but di vaio his top 3 in his league... he is a faboulous finisher a smart smart player.

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:00 PM
  #679
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Di Vaio is silencing a lot of his haters.

We really have a special team, I just wish ppl in Montreal realize that and fill the stadium. Great atmosphere today despite the bad weather.

Iapichino has improved a lot in the past games, but we still got scored 3 goals from his side again tonight.
Mapp performance and physical form seems to be inversely proportional to his salary. Felipe is also getting better each game. Very exciting time.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
  #680
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Di Vaio is silencing a lot of his haters.

We really have a special team, I just wish ppl in Montreal realize that and fill the stadium. Great atmosphere today despite the bad weather.

Iapichino has improved a lot in the past games, but we still got scored 3 goals from his side again tonight.
Mapp performance and physical form seems to be inversely proportional to his salary. Felipe is also getting better each game. Very exciting time.
Montreal relies on the walk up crowd. If the weather is as bad as today, the walk up crowd will be non existent. On good to great weather, the stadium should be near full.

HH is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:45 PM
  #681
Woland
Registered User
 
Woland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
didn't Blake Smith's brother post here ???

anyways. glad he got his first goal today. He deserved it.He is crazy fast and I've really become impressed with him

Woland is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:48 PM
  #682
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
didn't Blake Smith's brother post here ???

anyways. glad he got his first goal today. He deserved it.He is crazy fast and I've really become impressed with him
Yeah. Seems like he quickly forgot about us though

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:53 PM
  #683
BradtheAg06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Blake's Brother Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Yeah. Seems like he quickly forgot about us though
Of course his brother checks this board regularly. There is a huge fan base for IMFC here in Texas celebrating his first goal tonight. Thanks for all the kind words about Blake this season. He's having a blast with the team.

BradtheAg06 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:59 PM
  #684
MayorFord
Registered User
 
MayorFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
the yellow card he got was rediculous. ref tried to justify his own mistake by carding blake.

MayorFord is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:03 PM
  #685
BradtheAg06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
the yellow card he got was rediculous. ref tried to justify his own mistake by carding blake.
Yeah there were a few questionable calls during the game tonight, but that one left us speechless. Oh well, that's the game of soccer...some calls go your way, and some don't. We're just proud that he kept his head in the game and got the goal.

BradtheAg06 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
  #686
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,081
vCash: 500
It's a misunderstanding but the rule is that he can't kick the ball after the whistle. Even if he thought it was a corner. Otherwise, great game by him and he's shown great intelligence on the pitch.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:07 PM
  #687
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradtheAg06 View Post
Of course his brother checks this board regularly. There is a huge fan base for IMFC here in Texas celebrating his first goal tonight. Thanks for all the kind words about Blake this season. He's having a blast with the team.
Well that's awkward.

Here's his goal in case you wana keep it lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGEkVHvtTM

I retract my statement... Happy for your brother. Hes had a great attitude so far. Didn't play much to start the season, but then started getting subbed in late games. Now hes basically become a guarantee sub at around the 75' mark, leapfrogging the likes of Sanna Nyassi in the depth chart. Great stuff by him, and great celly as well.

PS. Get him on Twitter if you can

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:12 PM
  #688
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
You're correct Laurent. I think with the emergence of Smith, it's time to trade Nyassi. One of the reasons I liked Nyassi was his speed which we needed on the flanks, but he plays with no brain amd he might be the worst crosser in the MLS. Smith provides the same speed and everything else he's just better.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
  #689
My Velouria
Registered User
 
My Velouria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,270
vCash: 500
Iapichino keeps getting better and better.. Good stuff.

My Velouria is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
  #690
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
You're correct Laurent. I think with the emergence of Smith, it's time to trade Nyassi. One of the reasons I liked Nyassi was his speed which we needed on the flanks, but he plays with no brain amd he might be the worst crosser in the MLS. Smith provides the same speed and everything else he's just better.
Didn't really think about trading him, but if Maxi Rodriguez shows good flashes in MLS Reserves/U21's, It could very well be an option, especially if the team wants to sign a new body this summer. Can't forget that Nyassi is on something like 150K Cap Hit, can't grow a beard like Blake Smith, and defiantly doesn't do Back Flips for his goal celly's

MdV on his Yellow: "I think the ref was mad that I didn't offer him a piece"

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:24 PM
  #691
BradtheAg06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Well that's awkward.

Here's his goal in case you wana keep it lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGEkVHvtTM

I retract my statement... Happy for your brother. Hes had a great attitude so far. Didn't play much to start the season, but then started getting subbed in late games. Now hes basically become a guarantee sub at around the 75' mark, leapfrogging the likes of Sanna Nyassi in the depth chart. Great stuff by him, and great celly as well.

PS. Get him on Twitter if you can
Laurent...no need to feel awkward. The Smith household has appreciated your support for Blake over the past few weeks. We have no idea where Blake got his gymnastics ability, but he's been doing that celebration since high school. You guys have a great night!

BradtheAg06 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:31 PM
  #692
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,057
vCash: 500
I'm glad that our youngsters are getting some time.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:38 PM
  #693
JunglePete
Registered User
 
JunglePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Did Nelson Rivas play ?
How was he? or still injured ?

Glad to see MDV scoring goals, but seriously if he played decent from last season, he shouldve have30 goals + in his pocket already. I see he is trying to get back what he let go. Wouldnt mind seeing him for another year, same for Nesta. I am against trading Nyassi, sometimes we need full speed winger at the 85th minute. He is humble and doesnt complain (?) about his role with the team and gets the job done as well representing his country. Oh btw, so rare to see Perkins allowing 3 goals.

JunglePete is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 11:23 PM
  #694
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Wow looks like it was a good game! Too bad I missed it..

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:35 AM
  #695
JordanStaal#1Fan
Black and Gold
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,375
vCash: 2066
I was freezing my ass off, but I had a blast. Great atmosphere despite the bad weather. MDV is freaking great! Iapichino is indeed getting better and Mapp is a transformed player. Tough one for my boy Brovsky, but it was to be expected.

Now, off to Vancouver and let's bring back a trophy!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 06:38 AM
  #696
justsomeguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Impact looking like the Edmionton Oilers of old. Give up three goals but get five of their own.

http://the11.ca/2013/05/26/di-vaios-...coring-affair/

Oh yeah, how was the cake?

justsomeguy is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 08:04 AM
  #697
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Did Nelson Rivas play ?
How was he? or still injured ?

Glad to see MDV scoring goals, but seriously if he played decent from last season, he shouldve have30 goals + in his pocket already. I see he is trying to get back what he let go. Wouldnt mind seeing him for another year, same for Nesta. I am against trading Nyassi, sometimes we need full speed winger at the 85th minute. He is humble and doesnt complain (?) about his role with the team and gets the job done as well representing his country. Oh btw, so rare to see Perkins allowing 3 goals.
Rivas is still injured. I don't even know if he's practicing with the team yet.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 09:53 AM
  #698
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,081
vCash: 500
So if anyone missed the night: 20y anniversary, cake, cold, hattrick, 3 points.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 10:43 AM
  #699
gunners14henry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
really great game by the Impact last night. Has there been any news on Romero? Hope he didn't injure his ankle too badly.

gunners14henry is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:45 AM
  #700
My Velouria
Registered User
 
My Velouria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
really great game by the Impact last night. Has there been any news on Romero? Hope he didn't injure his ankle too badly.
Just a bruise.

My Velouria is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.