HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Good start for Kastsitsyn!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Sorry man, thats not what you said. You clearly said that it was NOT a good sign to play in the AHL at 20. You never mentionned what I put in the quote and wed never argue against it. The fact of the matter is, were going through a period of change and more teams will rely on the AHL because it has become a competitive league with a lot of talent. Its not the rock'em sock'em league it used to be. I watched Bulldogs games last year and I can assure you that its a pretty high level of play.

Anyway if Komi made the team at the end of the year, why not Higgins and Zhogs.

Yes i agree with Le Dépisteur when he said that "it was NOT a good sign to play in the AHL at 20" but it is not dramatic...I wouldnt get rid of them for that..

For Perezhogin, i was hoping the same progression as Alexander Frolov...was it wishful thinking? I dont know...

Old
09-25-2003, 02:35 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

damn.... it's really getting stupid. I couldn't care less about what you think of their developement. Geez, if they play 54 games in the NHL and they get 12 points, what will happen? They'll suck in your opinion.

loosers.

Old
09-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Relax guys, the season hasn't even started yet, and we still aren't sure if they'll be in the AHL this year. Even if they are sent down, we can assume it's only so that we don't have to protect one more player in the waiver draft and that a few games into the season they might get sent back up.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:26 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Hopefully Kastsitsyn pans out to his potential of a superstar...the habs could desperately use one

Old
09-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Joe Maximum

lets not forget that with the possible lock out / strike coming out next year, we wouldn't want to graduate our prospects this year and make them official NHLers which would remove their elligibility to play the AHL without going through waivers, thus removing possibly 1/2 or 1 full season from their devellopment.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
damn.... it's really getting stupid. I couldn't care less about what you think of their developement. Geez, if they play 54 games in the NHL and they get 12 points, what will happen? They'll suck in your opinion.

loosers.
You dont seem very smart man...You dont understand my point! You are so confused...Poor guy!!!

It depends how they would perform in those 54 games!

Old
09-26-2003, 06:58 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
You dont seem very smart man...You dont understand my point! You are so confused...Poor guy!!!

It depends how they would perform in those 54 games!

I agree with you !!
the young guy won't have a big impact in the team but they will be in the nhl...would aclimate to the system and play etc...

Gifted prospect make there team at 20... don't imagine they will score every game many young guy lack of consistency, look at Chistov last year, he put up 4 pts in is first game and finish the 82 with 30pts... and what is saying about Chistov ?? he will be a future star... he show great ability and potentiel....

and now let's have a look at some "future" player who pass in the AHL...
Jeff Heerema, Éric Chouinard, Mikhail Yakoubov, Oleg Saprykin, Vaclav Nederost, Michel Riesen, Michael Henrich, Jani Rita, Raffi Torres, Matiheu Chouinard, Yannick Lehoux, Brad Boyes, Andy Hilbert, Shaone Morrison, Mike Rupp, Justin Papineau, Matt Zultek, Robert Dome, Rico Fata, Kris Beech, Nikos Tselios, Daniel Tkazcuk, Denis Shvidki, Nolan Baumgartner, etc, etc, etc... there's surley many other but I write some I know most... they were all suppose to be at least good NHler... time's still running for some of them but... it's scaring....

at least 80% of top prospect who pass in AHL never answer expectation...it's a fact... (goalies are not includ)

I don't say this cause I am an alarmistic Habs fan... I'm not an habs fan... but I really hope both of Perezoghin and Higgins won't pass the entire years in the AHL...

Old
09-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree
I agree with you !!
the young guy won't have a big impact in the team but they will be in the nhl...would aclimate to the system and play etc...

Gifted prospect make there team at 20... don't imagine they will score every game many young guy lack of consistency, look at Chistov last year, he put up 4 pts in is first game and finish the 82 with 30pts... and what is saying about Chistov ?? he will be a future star... he show great ability and potentiel....

and now let's have a look at some "future" player who pass in the AHL...
Jeff Heerema, Éric Chouinard, Mikhail Yakoubov, Oleg Saprykin, Vaclav Nederost, Michel Riesen, Michael Henrich, Jani Rita, Raffi Torres, Matiheu Chouinard, Yannick Lehoux, Brad Boyes, Andy Hilbert, Shaone Morrison, Mike Rupp, Justin Papineau, Matt Zultek, Robert Dome, Rico Fata, Kris Beech, Nikos Tselios, Daniel Tkazcuk, Denis Shvidki, Nolan Baumgartner, etc, etc, etc... there's surley many other but I write some I know most... they were all suppose to be at least good NHler... time's still running for some of them but... it's scaring....

at least 80% of top prospect who pass in AHL never answer expectation...it's a fact... (goalies are not includ)

I don't say this cause I am an alarmistic Habs fan... I'm not an habs fan... but I really hope both of Perezoghin and Higgins won't pass the entire years in the AHL...

This thread is getting completely ridiculous. It is obvious that some people have out of whack expectations of prospects in general.

There are so many different reasons why prospects develop differently and why some are in the NHL at 18 or 20 or 22 whatever if may be. To label a prospect to be a bust or being disappointed if he spends the year in the AHL simply shows unrealistic expectations.

What about all the top prospects who are rushed to the NHL to early, there are many of those guys who are in the opposite boat. Prime example, specially because I see them play often, are the Sedin twins. The stayed an extra year in Sweden but probably really should have played in the AHL.

Also the guys you mention are hardly top end prospects for the most part or are way to young to even make a decision on. Saprykin actually looks very ready for a role, Boyes, Yakubov, Torres, Nedorost, Morrison, and Hilbert are WAY TOO young to make a judgment on yet. Zultek, Rupp, Lehoux and Papineau, I as well as many never thought were top prospects. And many of the rest were bad picks who shouldn't have been considered top prospects because of major flaws in their games. For example, Shvidki and his concussion problems, Fata has ZERO hockey sense, Chouinard has a brutal attitude and work ethic.

This isn't directed at you by any means, mostly at certain hab fans because I get the impression that they think for some reason a guy who plays in the NHL at a younger age will automatically be the better player. And to already make a call on Higgins or Perezhogin before they have even been cut. Hell they don't know even for sure if they won't make the team yet. I wonder if Higgins makes the team, do their opinions flip flop. I think we all know the answer, the sad truth is, Montreal fans are known for this and that is why management is screwed either way, and nothing will be good enough.

Sorry for the little rant, its a touchy subject, and frankly life is not going to great as of now.

Closed Thread