HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: 5th Toronto (0) vs 4th Boston (1). The "I Will Survive" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 11:59 AM
  #151
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I dont get why we get rid of franson...he's been good tbh. however let's see what hapepns
Well if he can't skate on that bruised foot then he won't be in the lineup. It's not like we'd keep him out for any reason other than health.

FlareKnight is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  #152
Paradoc
Percy Fan
 
Paradoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I dont get why we get rid of franson...he's been good tbh. however let's see what hapepns
I'm pretty sure he was hurt yesterday. So maybe that's why he's not available today?

Paradoc is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  #153
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Not for me. While i admit it was a "team" loss....Kostka flat out sucked. I mean he was horribad.
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 6m
Kostka's poor play in Game 1 actually makes more sense now. He was in a substantial amount of pain and only played b/c Franson was hurt.


David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 8m
Mike Kostka speaks candidly about his broken finger and what it was like to play in that situation..Hear it now http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/leafs-ce...yoff-coverage/

__________________
!! GO LEAFS GO !!
CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
  #154
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
I'm pretty sure he was hurt yesterday. So maybe that's why he's not available today?
Franson said he is fine and good to go:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...ed-share-video

CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  #155
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Guys, say it with me, GO LEAFS GO

The Reaper is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  #156
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well if he can't skate on that bruised foot then he won't be in the lineup. It's not like we'd keep him out for any reason other than health.
He practiced yesterday and said he felt perfectly fine.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:03 PM
  #157
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I dont get why we get rid of franson...he's been good tbh. however let's see what hapepns
Me neither. Don't see how you can sit your 2nd best defenseman (IMO).

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  #158
ComrieFanatic
Registered User
 
ComrieFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'm just saying while Kostka didn't play well in game 1, he has played well in other games, and he is still vilified here.

The guy can't win, to me he has been a pleasant surprise this year. I do think he shouldn't be on the PP though, that's not really his fault his number is called.
Kostka played well to start the year but his play tailed off, big time. There's a reason he was a healthy scratch for most of the games down the stretch. He shouldn't have played game 1, but Caryle seems to like him over Gardiner because he isn't as risky.

The Leafs need to improve their breakouts tonight, which is why Gardiner will be playing. Hopefully Liles has a better game, but he seemed to be shying away from all contact on Wednesday. Fraser has been good most of the year, so hopefully he bounces back.

We need to get our forecheck going early tonight. We made it WAY to easy for Boston to break it out and get into our zone. If that happens again then this is going to be ugly.

ComrieFanatic is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  #159
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
 
crump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ontariariario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 300
Saw a video of Franson skating, although he isn't the smoothest skater at the best of times, he did look to be favouring a little. Range of motion looked good, and he probably isn't far off, but he didn't look 100% comfortable.

crump is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  #160
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,670
vCash: 500
If Leafs are down to 6 D men, who is the call up from the Marlies?

Kevin Marshall?

Rielly would be put in an awful position, I wouldn't put a 18 year kid in, in Boston as their first NHL game. Same for Percy.

Komi is like Connolly, think they are both done. Not an option for me.

Suddenly Kostka looks pretty good.

Interactif is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  #161
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"
 
yakfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Fantastic GDT! Yes, I do believe in Miracles! But we won't need one, we just need to beat the Bruins!!!!!!

yakfish is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #162
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
Kostka played well to start the year but his play tailed off, big time. There's a reason he was a healthy scratch for most of the games down the stretch. He shouldn't have played game 1, but Caryle seems to like him over Gardiner because he isn't as risky.

The Leafs need to improve their breakouts tonight, which is why Gardiner will be playing. Hopefully Liles has a better game, but he seemed to be shying away from all contact on Wednesday. Fraser has been good most of the year, so hopefully he bounces back.

We need to get our forecheck going early tonight. We made it WAY to easy for Boston to break it out and get into our zone. If that happens again then this is going to be ugly.
Well we have to roll the dice on Gardiner, he is the best choice with Liles out for tonight. He's going to look good on some shifts, but bad on others, it's his style. Just hope he can make a difference tonight. I see Dion being the key tonight, he will log a lot of mins. You need strength to play the Bruins, and D in the playoffs.

Not unless you are Lidstrom, stick checks and smarts and once a decade players don't come a long very often.

Interactif is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM
  #163
ComrieFanatic
Registered User
 
ComrieFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Well we have to roll the dice on Gardiner, he is the best choice with Liles out for tonight. He's going to look good on some shifts, but bad on others, it's his style. Just hope he can make a difference tonight. I see Dion being the key tonight, he will log a lot of mins. You need strength to play the Bruins, and D in the playoffs.

Not unless you are Lidstrom, stick checks and smarts and once a decade players don't come a long very often.
I wish Gardiner was never scratched in the first place. He does things that no one else can do for the Leafs. Sure he makes mistakes but so do the others. We need him to take the puck up the ice, make BOS stop playing the trap and slowing down our quick forwards.

I'm not sold on Dion when he plays physical teams. He looked really worn out midway through the game Wednesday and looked dreadful.

I'd try these pairs tonight to try and help get the puck out of our zone quickly (assuming Franson is playing):

Phaneuf-Gardiner
Franson-Fraser
Gunnarson-O'Byrne

ComrieFanatic is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM
  #164
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 8m
Projected leaf additions tonight: hamilton and frattin in, macarthur and mclaren out. O'byrne and gardiner in and liles out. #tmltalk

Budsfan is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
  #165
zeke
#freewilly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29,133
vCash: 500
Looking something like this tonight:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
McClem - Grabo - Komarov
Frattin - Colborne - Orr

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Liles - Gardiner
Fraser - Franson

zeke is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #166
All_blueandwhite
Registered User
 
All_blueandwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
The ONLY game in which we beat Boston BOTH Gardiner and Liles were playing. Coincidence?

All_blueandwhite is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #167
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Looking something like this tonight:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
McClem - Grabo - Komarov
Frattin - Colborne - Orr

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Liles - Gardiner
Fraser - Franson
Nope. Liles is out.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
  #168
fahad203
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
The ONLY game in which we beat Boston BOTH Gardiner and Liles were playing. Coincidence?
Common sense isn't very common these days. I like the addition of Obryne though. I think his size will come in handy

fahad203 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
  #169
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~
 
Diatomic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 8m
Projected leaf additions tonight: hamilton and frattin in, macarthur and mclaren out. O'byrne and gardiner in and liles out. #tmltalk
Liles out
I guess Franson's in (which he should be) and Fraser deserves a chance to redeem himself. Liles has been fairly solid this year but he's no stranger to Randy's doghouse.

Diatomic is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
  #170
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,095
vCash: 500
Liles out?

LeafsMonster is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
  #171
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,096
vCash: 500
How is Liles out? The ****?

legendinblue is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
  #172
musdy
Registered User
 
musdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Not even sure why we kept this guy, if he's gonna get scratched so often.

musdy is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  #173
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,707
vCash: 500
Lets get it!!!!

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:40 PM
  #174
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,670
vCash: 500
Hamilton is an interesting insertion, brings size, grit, and high traffic ability. Character too.

Interactif is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:41 PM
  #175
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Hamilton is an interesting insertion, brings size, grit, and high traffic ability. Character too.
He was having problems burying some good chances during the season, hopefully he can get to the net against these guys and just cause some problems.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.