HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer XXX or Easton Sicore

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Yertle The Turtle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Bauer XXX or Easton Sicore

Im looking at getting a new stick for my up coming season and I was wondering if either of the Bauer XXX or Easton Sicore (the orange one lol ) were good choices... Also you can post which sticks you prefer not outside of these two... Thanks

Old
04-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I perfer the Bauer XXX. I like the Si-Core but not as much.

Old
04-17-2005, 03:13 PM
BuRe#9

I havent tryed out the vapor XXX stick but the si-core stick is made weird in my opinion. If you to get the si-core get the blade to put on your shaft, not the stick. I stick that I use myself is the easton stealth. Now that is a nasty stick!

Old
04-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Joey13

Both are great sticks - with the new Eastons having been released (Stealth, Synergy ST & SL) and the Reebok stuff out now, you can find Si-core's a little cheaper. I have always been an Easton fan but would highly suggest that you look at TPS sticks. I have a Response plus (red) and an XN-10 (blue and yellow) and they are both aweseome sticks - give them a look as well.

Old
04-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRe#9
I havent tryed out the vapor XXX stick but the si-core stick is made weird in my opinion. If you to get the si-core get the blade to put on your shaft, not the stick. I stick that I use myself is the easton stealth. Now that is a nasty stick!
I have a Stealth right now too but I hate the blade. (Modano, Senior)... I have heard the XXX chips and breaks easilly that is why I am worried about getting it. Also if you could tell me if a any stick is better for stickhandling?

Old
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey13
Both are great sticks - with the new Eastons having been released (Stealth, Synergy ST & SL) and the Reebok stuff out now, you can find Si-core's a little cheaper. I have always been an Easton fan but would highly suggest that you look at TPS sticks. I have a Response plus (red) and an XN-10 (blue and yellow) and they are both aweseome sticks - give them a look as well.
I was also looking at getting an XN-10. Could you tell me why you like it or is it just over all a good stick?

Old
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Joey13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
I was also looking at getting an XN-10. Could you tell me why you like it or is it just over all a good stick?
It is extremely light (395 grams, I believe) and the balance feels great. The weight seems to be spread throughout the entire stick, not heavy in the blade like some I have used. I also like the whip flex from TPS. I have heard that the whip would be equivalent to about an Easton 80 flex. The XN-10 whip gives you great snap on your shot without feeling flimsy. I have found that playing wing, I am able to pick up pucks in traffic and rifle shots on net without much effort. The only stick I think is even close to the XN-10 is probably the Stealth.

Old
04-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Is it durable in your opinion?

Old
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
West19

Quote:
I loved my xn10, i should really look into picking up another. My xn10 was one of the longest lasting sticks ive ever had. I got 6 straight months (5-6 times per week) out of it. Nothing but good things to say about the xn10.

Old
04-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by West19
I loved my xn10, i should really look into picking up another. My xn10 was one of the longest lasting sticks ive ever had. I got 6 straight months (5-6 times per week) out of it. Nothing but good things to say about the xn10.
Sweet. Im leaning towards that right now... thanks for the input... any one else?

Old
04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
kingpest19

Unless they fixed the problems with the Si-Core blade i personally wouldnt buy one. Saw three of my teammates Si-Core blades fold in half in one game. On of them being just bought and taped for the game the other 2 with 5 games max on each one. xn-10s are great sticks heard very few bad things about them. I use and r2 xn10 shaft and blade combo and love it. plus its cheap when the blades break to replace rather than buying a whole new stick

Old
04-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Joey13

Quote:
I've had good luck with them, but I am on my second stick. I took a really bad slash and had a pretty big chip out of the shaft down near the blade. It still lasted for about 15 more games and then I broke the blade off taking a one-timer. I think it would still be fine if not for the slash.

Old
04-19-2005, 10:12 PM
BuRe#9

Quote:
I have a Stealth right now too but I hate the blade. (Modano, Senior)... I have heard the XXX chips and breaks easilly that is why I am worried about getting it. Also if you could tell me if a any stick is better for stickhandling?
Yea bauer sticks are known to break easily. As for a stick thats good for stickhandling curve wise would be a toe curve. With easton that would be the Shanahhan. I use the sakic myself and I like it. But if you want just stickhandling toe curve is what you are looking for.

Old
04-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Fedz

I personally think the XN10 is the best stick available on the market. It is just a solid stick.

Old
04-22-2005, 12:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Is the Bauer XX any good? I was looking at one of those today...I might pick it up.

Old
04-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Yertle The Turtle

I have a friend that has one and he likes it more then the stealth... But that might just be him... The only problem I have seen with it is that it breaks like crazy. My friend broke 4 in a 42 game season playing Bantam.

Old
04-25-2005, 02:20 AM
190Octane

I have a XXX that I've used for roller hockey for a few months without breaking it. I like it more than the stealth I have also.

I'm loyal to Bauer sticks and the P88 curve. First the XX and then the XXX, personally I like the Bauer but it's whatever feels best to you.

Old
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Well I bought the TPS XN 10 and I love the feel of it. I got a Morrow curve (senior) and a regular flex. It has the square toe I wanted and feels better then the stealth... I havent used it on the ice yet but just messing around with both sticks I like the feel of the TPS more... thanks for the advice guys it is much appreciated.

Old
05-03-2005, 10:04 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
I wouldn't get the Si-core anymore as they stopped making them and you don't want to get used to a stick they don't make anymore, I would recommend getting the SL

Closed Thread