HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Exploring the options - NHLPA Agents hire top Gun

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Exploring the options - NHLPA Agents hire top Gun

From the Sportsnet Article

Quote:

Exploring the options

As the NHL lockout drags on, IMG has hired a prominent sports lawyer to examine Sidney Crosby's prospects.

Sportsnet.ca--Sportsnet has learned that IMG, which represents more than 75 NHL players and highly-touted prospect Sidney Crosby, has hired noted antitrust lawyer Jim Quinn.

Quinn specializes in high-stakes commercial disputes and has unmatched experience in sports and entertainment litigation. He is regarded as the most successful and influential litigator of sports antitrust cases in the past quarter century. He counseled and represented the players' associations in MLB, NFL, NHL and the NBA.

Quinn is best known for being the lead counsel for the NFL players in their historical dispute concerning the players' challenge to the antitrust player restrictions in the NFL.

Full Story : http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050506_125209_5728
Looks like the NHLPA is getting some advice that could be useful in challenging a CBA and possibly decertification or even rights of undrafted players, unsigned prospects and soon to RFA ..

Seems a bit strange considering Daly says the CBA will address all the issues !!!!.

Good to see IMG clients Crosby and Carter are getting good advice..Our own Mats Sundin and soon to be RFA Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley, Rick Nash are also prominent clients..

Last edited by Mess: 05-09-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old
05-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Good Stuff!

Old
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
bingo_vodun

Toronto deserves Nash, Crosby and other stars after the NHL took away the leaf's earnings this season. But everyone's only talking about taking offence... what about defence + goaltending? You need more then one thing.

It's like if, me + happy = rich. I have 2, where others have 1.

I don’t want, I need, and with me needs my wants are meant.

I am a man who wants nothing. That is the key to happyness just like a good defence is key to winning games.

Closed Thread