HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 2: Sharks def. Canucks 3-2 in OT - Lead series 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 12:22 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
FIRE AV/staff, trade sedins for whatever we can get, trade edler.

This spineless team (not including kesler) has sat by the last year and let Luongo get thrown under the ****ing bus. It was never his fault. This team can't score! They just sit there and let him go through all of this garbage about being traded and they still can't make it up to him for one damn game. One friggin game so he doesn't have to put up with this garbage. I have had it. Awful pinch by Edler. That edler bieksa pairing was always horrendous and that is on the coaching staff. MG should have give more to get torres and now he most likely just ended our season. Great job, MG! Get Ebbett off of this team and let AV go with him.
Some people would call this an overreaction but I agree. Their time has passed. Time to move on or become Calgary. Time to realize our stars aren't good anymore and they're aging. We need some young talent in our system. (although I wouldn't trade Edler)

Old
Lemmiwinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I'm glad that I don't have to go through this alone, at least I have you guys. So close to a win yet it feels like **** haven't been this upset since game 7.
(internet hugs)

No homo.

Old
Hopeless Unbeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkle is Einhorn View Post
Definitely 2-0 against the Kings. This is like watching a really scary horror movie for the second time. Still a couple of jumps, but for the most part you know the story.
This is a depressingly good analogy.

Old
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Fire AV and the entire coaching staff except Melanson and Takahashi
Trade Edler
Buyout/trade Booth and Ballard
Get rid of either Schnider or Luo
I wouldn't mind GMMG staying but if he got fired I wouldn't care
Only resign Tanev & RFA prospects
Fire AV

Old
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthanasia View Post
Trade Naslund and Bertuzzi. ****ing bums.
Naslund and the Sedins are a common problem with both those teams. Big regular season guys that evaporate in the playoffs.

I don't think it's an overreaction to suggest that the Canuck seriously try to trade the Sedins in the offseason. There is really little point in having them on the team when there are as ineffective as they are come playoff time.

It's been the same way with them for years now. I look at San Jose and Thornton - I don't understand why they don't trade him either. He's San Jose's version of the Sedins. Big point getter in the regular season, useless come the playoffs. The guy looks comatose on the bench.

Old
Andre Boudrias

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
sharks also hit two posts, and had prime scoring chances- look at SJ's home record and tell me this series isn't over.
Luongo had numerous great saves.

Old
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
Over-Rated defence,,been saying this all year-Luongo,,you are the best,you deserve better
People will post a bunch of stats saying we have 3 great number 2 d-man, a couple number 3's and a top 5 defence in the NHL. Led of course by the amazing young star Edler, just so great.

Old
05-04-2013, 12:23 AM
vancityluongo

Burrows-Kesler-xxx
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-xxx-Hansen
xxx-Lapierre-xxx

This should be the base template for the team both for the rest of the series, and moreso in the offseason.

Old
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
team is a running joke in the playoffs for 5 years straight...if burrows didnt have that chicago game 7 winner the amount of futility would be up there as being unparalleled in modern postseason north american professional sports
Good point.

Old
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonz View Post
Ignoring the fact that they've been two of our best defensive forwards all year of course.

Also ignoring the fact you can't play Kesler/Higgins/Hansen for he last 5 minutes straight.

Sometimes I think this team loses because , quite honestly. Our so called fans deserve it.
Who the **** is talking about the last 5 minutes? We're talking about the ****'in last minute where you know the Sharks are going to be pulling the goalie and be in effect a power play opportunity for them. When's the last time the Sedins played any meaningful minutes on the PK? When Paul Martin was PM?

Again, why the **** do you have Edler & Bieksa out there as well in the final minute given the essentially power play situation for the Sharks?

Awful time management. Kid's stuff really.

Old
CanadianPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
They have been useless the last 3 series.
This isn`t true. They haven`t played well this series but Henrik Sedin was the best forward against the Kings.

Old
MajorCanuck
Cup Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
sharks also hit two posts, and had prime scoring chances- look at SJ's home record and tell me this series isn't over.
We were lucky to be only down by one going into the third. I have no idea how Luo made some of those saves and how Jumbo Joe missed an open netter.

Old
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I'm not disappointed as I fully expected this. Why is anyone here suprised? Seriously? All AV had to do was do the opposite of everything he thinks is right... Instead he continues to come up with awful line combos d pairings, painful strategies and easy to defend schemes.

I can't believe any one here thought otherwise?

Old
05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Canucks need to win BOTH games in San Jose to even stand a chance. Safe to say, we're done. Hate to be negative, but it's also hard to be positive with a team like this. We missed our chance at a Cup, and god knows how long it'll take now.

Old
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Like I said in the thread on the main boards: seen enough of the Sedins at this point. I've seen enough. I'm actually pretty calm too. I just feel like the Sedins have had their chances to lead a very good hockey team to a Cup and have failed every year. It's embarrassing watching them and watching Kesler. They don the same jersey yet they play in the playoffs with totally different levels of fortitude.

Let them play out their contract next season and return to Sweden.
Split them up. Force them to play a different game. I'm certain they'd be better that way for playoff hockey. They still have elite talent individually but they need to be playing with bangers to some extent for chaotic playoff hockey. They don't have the speed to get it done by themselves.

Old
jimmythescot

At least we know that signing Roy isn't as desirable as we thought. Paying around $5M for a guy you need to shelter is just plain ludicrous.

And stick Kassian with the Sedins already.

Old
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkle is Einhorn View Post
Definitely 2-0 against the Kings. This is like watching a really scary horror movie for the second time. Still a couple of jumps, but for the most part you know the story.
now schneider will make a surprising game 3 start out of nowhere, play his tail off, only for the canucks to lose in overtime in game 3

i wish i could say you cant make is stuff up but the exact same damn thing happened a year ago

Old
dc

Quote:
Ignoring the fact that they've been two of our best defensive forwards all year of course.

Also ignoring the fact you can't play Kesler/Higgins/Hansen for he last 5 minutes straight.

Sometimes I think this team loses because , quite honestly. Our so called fans deserve it.
The last 3 playoff series this team has played in the Sedin's have been two of the worst defensive forwards on the team. Regular season does not equal playoffs, obviously.

Old
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
I'm just curious.... why is everyone blaming the Coach?
this whole gwg or gtg for the opposing team with 1 minute left thing isnt new

its actually all too familiar , seems like no matter what the occasion av cant motivate his team to do anything

keslers performance was keslers , av had nothing to do with that

what he did have something to do was putting the sedins out there with edler and bieksa (both made some pretty dumb moves over the game) with 1 minute left

they screw up , san jose recovers puck , shoots puck , bieksa cross checks a guys back 100 times and the puck gets knocked in

Old
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Naslund and the Sedins are a common problem with both those teams. Big regular season guys that evaporate in the playoffs.

I don't think it's an overreaction to suggest that the Canuck seriously try to trade the Sedins in the offseason. There is really little point in having them on the team when there are as ineffective as they are come playoff time.

It's been the same way with them for years now. I look at San Jose and Thornton - I don't understand why they don't trade him either. He's San Jose's version of the Sedins. Big point getter in the regular season, useless come the playoffs. The guy looks comatose on the bench.
Because Thornton is HUGE, big body to play against, good at faceoffs, great on the PP.

Brings MUCH more to the game than the Sedins. If the Sedins don't score they're a liability, see the tying goal for evidence.

Old
PuckZilla

Old
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe

The next bozo that drools over Edler is going to hear it from me

I am so sick of how overrated this guy has been by Canuck fans

Really wish we would ship him out

Old
luongo321

vCash: 50
Too little too late to fire AV. The Sedins have lost it (not that they every really showed up consistently in the playoffs).

Old
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
According to what? +/-? If they're two of our best defensive forwards, why don't they PK? When the PK was brutal earlier in the season, why was AV benching two of our best defensive forwards?

Give me a break.

Old
just22
meat and taters

I don't think a different coach will change things. The SCF loss to the Bruins broke the team.

Closed Thread