HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ruutu absolutely freaks out....

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
ArtG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr gib
thats harsh
sarcasm, my friend.

Old
05-06-2005, 02:04 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm not a huge Tootoo fan. In fact, I really do not like him much at all, save for the energy he brings to the Predators. If he turns into what Jarko is, I will lose all respect/support for him as a player.
My friend, Jordin Tootoo is a far dirtier player than Jarkko Ruutu and that is a pretty huge accomplishment.

Old
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
SChan*

he is just bitter because his team lost 5-1

Old
05-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
As for Jarko - I'm sure he can fight. I have seen him fight. The issue I have is that he ducks fights all the time. He HAS mastered the turtle.
Can you please list the occasions he has turtled? Ok apparently McKenzie is one (though I don't think he has to answer to top heavies like McKenzie unless he pulls something totally cheap), which are the other occasions? I'm a pretty active fan of fighting and I can't stand turtling without a very good reason but honestly I can't remember any turtlings by Ruutu. I do remember several beatings he has taken (Jason Smith for example) but not outright turtles.

I'm sure you will help me, right?

Old
05-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Can you please list the occasions he has turtled? Ok apparently McKenzie is one (though I don't think he has to answer to top heavies like McKenzie unless he pulls something totally cheap), which are the other occasions? I'm a pretty active fan of fighting and I can't stand turtling without a very good reason but honestly I can't remember any turtlings by Ruutu. I do remember several beatings he has taken (Jason Smith for example) but not outright turtles.

I'm sure you will help me, right?
I can understand the sentiment that he shouldn't have to answer to heavyweights, but he did in fact drop two elbows (both illegal) in the play he turtled. One was to Stevenson, the other was to Mckenzie, right on the glass. He pulled a turtle really quickly, and then got up and laughed about it. This is the kind of thing Jarko is known for. He is an excellent disturber, but he is as dirty as they come. For him to whine in the media about somone else not dropping the gloves to fight him is just flat out hypocritical. Of course, I doubt he cares if he is hypocritical or not. His niche in the NHL requires him to do whatever it takes, against the rules or not, to get players off their game. He does that, and one of the ways he has done that through the years is by turtling.

I would provide you with the Mckenzie turtle, but the link is down....and the computer I have it on is broken. It seems like a convient excuse, but I can only send you to the thread it was located on:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Ruutu

I don't have any other video's or links, but I do know what I have seen......and that is he has turtled several times in the games I have watched in the past.

Anyways, what does it matter? Ruutu is a pest, nothing more, nothing less. He does whatever it takes to stay in this league, and he would tell you so himself. The only point I was making was how silly his comments were in regards to his style of play.

05-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
You haven't seen him fight? Go ask Grier and Rivet how much he turtled (both were KOed by Ruutu)

Btw, interesting choice of words from a huge Tootoo fan...
Rivet is an awful fighter but he just has too much character to turn down a fight.... not saying much to beat Rivet in a fight especially with his extremely bad wrists and shoulders

Old
05-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Victory Ali*

Wasn't the Rivet Marchment fight a top ten last season... or whenever the hell the NHL was last in session? I'm not saying Rivet is a good fighter or not but I remember someone going with Marchment for almost a minute on Hockey Night in Canada and then all the fight fans out there going crazy about it the next day. I just want to make sure I'm thinking of the same guy.

Ruutu makes me laugh, he ducks fights and is a general all around cheap player but he makes me laugh and he entertains me. I remember near the end of last season (or again whenever the hell the NHL was in existance) he faked like he was going to drop his gloves against someone while a linesman was holding him and the other guy dropped his gloves and then Ruutu started laughing and stuck his tounge out at the guy. Don Cherry nearly had a fit on coach's corner. Still it made me laugh my ass off.

Old
05-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Streaker-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX
he is just bitter because his team lost 5-1
Oh really

Old
05-07-2005, 03:14 AM
hfboardsuser

Ruutu scored a beauty today, eh?

Old
05-07-2005, 03:27 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke
Ruuttu is such a clown, kinda like Sheldon Sogay.
For a gay guy, Souray sure has a hot wife.

Old
05-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Rivet is an awful fighter but he just has too much character to turn down a fight.... not saying much to beat Rivet in a fight especially with his extremely bad wrists and shoulders
Rivet is the guy who dropped Marchment last year.

Old
05-07-2005, 07:11 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG
Of course he didn't learn. That's how the Canucks sign players, they make sure they're thugs first, obviously.
Ruutu is far from a thug. He's an all heart player, but he loves attention He's an extremely smart educated person.

Old
05-07-2005, 07:14 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Agreed. Jarkko is a great agitator and entertaining to watch as he is handling the puck *cough*. Hedström on the other hand can skate, hit, score and bug the hell out of his opponents. I guess that must hurt Ruutus ego in some way.
Hedström doesn't bug the hell out of his opponents.. He bugs a bug out of them max... He's a good player, but his agitating skills are way overrated.. If he had more intensity and was more agressive and annoying... He'd been in the NHL with the team that would need his type of player the most... The team that had him.

Old
05-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCloutierFan
Wasn't the Rivet Marchment fight a top ten last season... or whenever the hell the NHL was last in session? I'm not saying Rivet is a good fighter or not but I remember someone going with Marchment for almost a minute on Hockey Night in Canada and then all the fight fans out there going crazy about it the next day. I just want to make sure I'm thinking of the same guy.

Ruutu makes me laugh, he ducks fights and is a general all around cheap player but he makes me laugh and he entertains me. I remember near the end of last season (or again whenever the hell the NHL was in existance) he faked like he was going to drop his gloves against someone while a linesman was holding him and the other guy dropped his gloves and then Ruutu started laughing and stuck his tounge out at the guy. Don Cherry nearly had a fit on coach's corner. Still it made me laugh my ass off.
well, you are right... i remember that fight.... you are thinking of Rivet. Well, what can I say? Every dog has his day

Old
05-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Chilly Willy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Ruutu's a clown.

Didn't he learn from Brad May, Todd Bertuzzi and the rest of the Canucks thugs that open threads to the media aren't such a good idea?

Now, if the next game between these two, Ruutu does something stupid, there's the intent right there in his quote and this moron can be off to court as well.
Hahaha..i love it when people hate on Ruutu, show's me just how effective he is at his role.

GO JARKO!

One of my favourite Canuck.

Old
05-08-2005, 05:36 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWilly
POST THE WHOLE ARTICLE SO WE CAN READ IT.
That'd be a violation of copyright laws.

Old
05-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Chilly Willy*

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/327/fightcard/reg04

Ruutu fares pretty decent in his fights...not as bad as most people think he is. Blake isn't a chump by any means, he's a tough SOB.

Old
05-08-2005, 06:09 AM
mattihp

Honestly I think Hedström understood quite quickly that Jarkko is out of his weight class and that he could really hurt himself is Jarkko touched his porcelain body with his fingers ^^

Old
05-08-2005, 06:54 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Rivet is the guy who dropped Marchment last year.
Actually that didnt' happen. It was a toe to toe fight, no one was dropped. But dropping either Grier or Rivet isn't exactly an accomplisment, although I've never seen the Rivet fight and I've read conflicting calls on that, so I'm not one to say he even got KO'd in that fight.

Ruutu is an ok fighter when he wants to fight, the problem is he doesn't want to fight most of the time. And his record is inflated because he normally only fights guys who have no clue what they are doing. When he does fight good fighters, he fights very defensivly, like in the Dimaio fight. Yes, it's the role of the pest to instigate and then to not fight, and he does it well. But I don't see how Vancouver fans can NOT find it ironic that Ruutu is calling someone a ***** for not fighting him, when he's turned down more than his share of fights in his career. You don't have to turtle to be a *****, you can just not show up. That's Ruutu's MO. Tough **** that this guy gave you a taste of your own medicine Jarkko.

And, not to jump into the debate over who is more of a *****, TooToo or Ruutu, but TooToo has been in nearly as many fights as Ruutu has, in one season.

Old
05-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Chilly Willy*

Well there are lot of guys that i know that can fight but the guys that are fighters and are known as fighters don't know it and when someone picks on one of the guys that people have no clue that can fight, they usually beat the known fighters.

Just because your labelled a goon and you fight someone that is not, doesn't mean the other guy can't fight. I've seen some goons get dropped by non-fighters, if i can find a list of goons that fought non goons and lost, i'd show you, but with the copyright thing and the fact that i got slammed for it, i'd rather not post it or even bother searching it.

Old
05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Chilly Willy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Actually that didnt' happen. It was a toe to toe fight, no one was dropped. But dropping either Grier or Rivet isn't exactly an accomplisment, although I've never seen the Rivet fight and I've read conflicting calls on that, so I'm not one to say he even got KO'd in that fight.

Ruutu is an ok fighter when he wants to fight, the problem is he doesn't want to fight most of the time. And his record is inflated because he normally only fights guys who have no clue what they are doing. When he does fight good fighters, he fights very defensivly, like in the Dimaio fight. Yes, it's the role of the pest to instigate and then to not fight, and he does it well. But I don't see how Vancouver fans can NOT find it ironic that Ruutu is calling someone a ***** for not fighting him, when he's turned down more than his share of fights in his career. You don't have to turtle to be a *****, you can just not show up. That's Ruutu's MO. Tough **** that this guy gave you a taste of your own medicine Jarkko.

And, not to jump into the debate over who is more of a *****, TooToo or Ruutu, but TooToo has been in nearly as many fights as Ruutu has, in one season.

That's crazy, Tootoo was in 16 fights, Jarkko has been in 18 fights in his career, Jordin is a nut.

Old
05-08-2005, 08:24 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWilly
That's crazy, Tootoo was in 16 fights, Jarkko has been in 18 fights in his career, Jordin is a nut.
Besides the fact that he's 5' 8". For a guy his size, he's very willing and has an ok fight card.

Old
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Jarkko Ruutu is my hero

Old
05-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I have both fightclips on my HD and Ruutu drops Rivet and Rivet drops Marchment.

Old
05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
paxtang

Quote:
I have both fightclips on my HD and Ruutu drops Rivet and Rivet drops Marchment.
I'm not sure what fight you have, but it wasn't Rivet and Marchment fight from last year. I watched it right now to make sure I wasn't insane. No one get's dropped that fight.

Closed Thread