HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Kenadyan, thank you for the perspective. We are on the same page that this deal is a no-go, since CBJ would want more than Philly would be willing to give up, and Philly would not offer that much youth for one player. We need a top 4 defenseman way more than a 1st line LW, which Hitchcock hopefully will let Gagne be in the upcoming season.

Old
06-12-2005, 10:35 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I agree that Thorton to CJB is more likely than vice versa. WOuld CJB be willing to take on that salary though? If a deal was to be work, maybe the following.

To Boston:
Zhedrev
Klesla

To CJ:
Thorton

Than adding in picks on either side to even it out, one way or the other.
BLEEP NO id rather have zherdev than thorton. people can call me crazy and im sure it will happen, but i wouldnt trade zherdev

Old
06-13-2005, 07:32 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan
Looking at this from a Columbus viewpoint: What type of package would the Jackets have to be offered to move Nash?

I think it would take this type of package for the Jackets to even consider it.

To Phi:
Nash

To Columbus:
Gagne
Carter
Richards

I'm not saying either team would do this. Flyers fans wouldn't do this trade as they would feel they are giving up too much. Blue Jackets fans probably wouldn't do this either as they feel it is not enough.

However, as a fan of neither team, and looking at this from a Blue Jackets viewpoint, this type of package would be a starting point.
I agree that it would take something like this for the CBJ to even consider moving Nash.

With that said, I think Nash is an untradable asset at this point in this market and even though this is definitely an overpayment on Philly's part I think the CBJ would decline. They would decline more based on the name recognition Nash has in this market rather than the on-ice talents of these players.

Simply put - Nash is hockey in Columbus right now. With coming off of a missed season you can bet Nash's noggin is going to plastered on every flyer, brochure, newspaper advertisement, schedule magnet, ticket voucher, sticker and thunderstick in town.

Closed Thread