HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

Old
05-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I'll try anything on the PP. Seriously. Anything.

Zucc-Powe-Callahan

Lundqvist-Sullivan

Peanut Vendor 3

"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bubba5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
You said the Rangers offense sucked because they scored 0 goals. Now the Caps offense didn't suck despite also scoring 0 goals through 60. The point is number of goals doesn't equate to how good an offense played. There are plenty of better arguments for why the Rangers offense didn't capitalize, throwing around things like "0 goals of course they suck" is just piling on the this team sucks train without any hint of logic.
The reason caps had zero in regulation was all Henrik. This game should have been 4 or 5 nothing. Anyone who is trying to fool themselves by saying this was a close game and could have gone either way is just wearing Rangers colored glasses. Rangers game
Is keep aweful. Just hoping for blocks and henrik and maybe get a lucky counter attack goal and then try and hold on. That will get them nowhere except maybe a 5 game series if they are lucky.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
You're being abrasive just as much as he is. Cut the crap. You have already admitted in the past that you've only recently started watching hockey. Stop acting like you're a tactical genius.

Want an explanation of this mindset? Here you go: The Rangers played a better overall game in the last two periods of the first game than they did today. But they had a better offensive game, in my mind, in the first three periods today. They had fewer shots, but much more high quality chances. You generally do not score from perimeter shots. Their defense has been pretty awful throughout.
How bout this you tell me where UI act like a tactical genius then I'll reply to this. I also flat out disagree with what you said in your second paragraph completely. I saw our first game as much more in control and bad luck. I saw this as flat out failure. That's what I SAW not what I'm implying or making up. Reporting what I SAW is not pretending to be atactical genius.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:39 PM
NYR2007

At least we got a point in OT

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:39 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:40 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
Exactly..the season is 82 games..So were only half way through....A point is a point...

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Read the 5th point again.

Torts, like any good coach, trusts his players. Sometimes it doesn't work out right. Don't sit there and tell me that he should all of a sudden stop trusting them and only go with his way because you and others have complained about how inflexible he is the entire freaking year. He is going to trust his #1 d-man to stay on the ice if the guy says he still has gas. McDonagh is a workhorse.
You want to show that you know hockey i'd expct things like "Look we outshot them, we controlled play, Holtby made this great save and that great save, etc." But NONE of that happened and you've done nothing but come off as someone excusing this team b/c of the logo and not because of good hockey. As I said thats fine you're allowed to ecuse this team all you want what pisses me right the hell off is when you showed ignorance of why people were extremely frustrated with the rangers failure to score and you condescend to them and basically tell them they aren't good fans and aren't allowed to feel that frustration and anger. Like I said it's like when a parent excuses their child for screwing up or doing something wrong simply b/c it's their kid.

Just because I disagree with your point doesn't mean I misunderstand it. Torts can trust whatever he wants. people trust when they SHOULDN'T and in this case Torts trusted when he shouldn't have clearly. But it's egregious. Even if McD had not screwed up Torts still shouldn't have killed him with a massive shift like that.

This is MY opinion represented by this post I don't EXPECT or DEMAND you agree with it but I certainly expect you to understand why I and others might have it and not condescend to us and make us feel like idiots. THATS why I'm snippy with you and why I question what you really know about this sport that you've been watching for so much longer.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
bmw2004

I am truly amazed at the optimism of some of you guys. It's hard to be a Ranger fan!!!

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

I love when Torts gets out coached by a rookie coach.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Oak
Hockey Connoisseur

vCash: 397
I think you guys gotta stop blaming the players and start blaming Tortorella & Co. We have a lot of guys with talent and to say otherwise is childish.

Torts has to go. Soon. ASAP.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Green Blob*

Girardi and Pyatt on a PP, yup. Thats all that needs to be said why we cant score goals on the pp. Whatever, it was a fun short season, i guess.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
You want to show that you know hockey i'd expct things like "Look we outshot them, we controlled play, Holtby made this great save and that great save, etc." But NONE of that happened and you've done nothing but come off as someone excusing this team b/c of the logo and not because of good hockey. like I said it's like when a parent excuses their child for screwing up or doing something wrong simply b/c it's their kid.

Just because I disagree with your point doesn't mean I misunderstand it. Torts can trust whatever he wants. people trust when they SHOULDN'T and in this case Torts trusted when he shouldn't have clearly. But it's egregious. Even if McD had not screwed up Torts still shouldn't have killed him with a massive shift like that
No, you very clearly don't understand. How did Torts kill him with a massive shift? Again, this guy is a workhorse. McDonagh comes off the ice when he is tired all the time. All of a sudden now he doesn't and it's all Torts' fault? Torts could have "forced" him to come off, but he's going to go with his players when they say they are OK.

If you don't like that, than perhaps you should go tell Torts how to coach a game. I'm sure your multiple Stanley Cups will speak volumes to him.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Read the 5th point again.

Torts, like any good coach, trusts his players. Sometimes it doesn't work out right. Don't sit there and tell me that he should all of a sudden stop trusting them and only go with his way because you and others have complained about how inflexible he is the entire freaking year. He is going to trust his #1 d-man to stay on the ice if the guy says he still has gas. McDonagh is a workhorse.
In 35 years I have never seen a player on the bench turn to his coach and say, I'm too gassed to go out there.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
In 35 years I have never seen a player on the bench turn to his coach and say, I'm too gassed to go out there.
I have seen guys come off the ice tired all the time. It's called a shift change and they don't always happen merely when a coach calls for one.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Girardi and Pyatt on a PP, yup. Thats all that needs to be said why we cant score goals on the pp. Whatever, it was a fun short season, i guess.
No, it had to many ups and downs. A lot of downs. The rotten cherry on this **** sundae is that Torts gets to keep his job, along with Sully, and we don't have our 1st.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:46 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Ok so everyone has gotten everything off their chest...Now...Rangers win games 3 and 4 ...Have no fear...LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shinchanyo

Quote:
No, you very clearly don't understand. How did Torts kill him with a massive shift? Again, this guy is a workhorse. McDonagh comes off the ice when he is tired all the time. All of a sudden now he doesn't and it's all Torts' fault? Torts could have "forced" him to come off, but he's going to go with his players when they say they are OK.

If you don't like that, than perhaps you should go tell Torts how to coach a game. I'm sure your multiple Stanley Cups will speak volumes to him.
This is a horribly bad insinuation. Because I disagree with a move a coach made I am w ong? He is so perfect? He is God? He should not even be questioned ona random forum when his decision seems to be a bad one from the get go? He should not be questioned when said decision clearly was wrong? This is what I mean about you

Old
Richter Scale

Quote:
I completely disagree with your second paragraph. I saw our first game as much more in control and bad luck.
Quote:
The Rangers played a better overall game in the last two periods of the first game than they did today. But they had a better offensive game, in my mind, in the first three periods today. They had fewer shots, but much more high quality chances. You generally do not score from perimeter shots. Their defense has been pretty awful throughout.
Hooked on phonics?

Quote:
I saw our first game as much more in control and bad luck. I saw this as flat out failure. That's what I SAW not what I'm implying or making up. Reporting what I SAW is not pretending to be atactical genius.
I'm saying offensively, the team played better today. Their overall game, however, was not even close to what they showed in the last two periods of the first game.

Other than Hags' breakaway, name me more than 3-4 quality scoring chances in the first game. I can think of maybe 2-3 more.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I love when Torts gets out coached by a rookie coach.
How did he get out-coached exactly?

I don't get this. Where does coaching come into play here? Here's the difference, they have 2 guys on their back end that can rifle it with the best of them (AO, and Green) and they have 2 of the best playmakers in the game feeding them.

We've got Brad Richards whose head is up his ass and really nobody with a canon of a shot.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Boyle played better this game than Kreider did all of the games while Boyle was out
Dont think so kreider was better than boyle and i remember the announcers saying why arent they playing kreider more and just let him loose dont remember hearing boyles name at all after the puck dropping but that maybe due to me yelling at the tv . Kreider had a few really good shots i bet kreider had more shots than boyle and i can bet he had also at least 5 less minutes than boyle.

messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:

If you feel I am wrong and he made the right move again that's FINE you are entitled to your opinion but you can never leave it at that you ALWAYS have to go the exra step and condescend people and tell them they are wrong.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
This is a horribly bad insinuation. Because I disagree with a move a coach made I am w ong? He is so perfect? He is God? He should not even be questioned ona random forum when his decision seems to be a bad one from the get go? He should not be questioned when said decision clearly was wrong? This is what I mean about you
You. continue. to. miss. the. point.

I also feel that it was a bad decision by Torts. Why do you continue to ignore this? I have said it 5 times now. I do not lay all the blame on the coach, however. Take a few seconds to read this before you respond.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:50 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Hooked on phonics?

I'm saying offensively, the team played better today. Their overall game, however, was not even close to what they showed in the last two periods of the first game.

Other than Hags' breakaway, name me more than 3-4 quality scoring chances in the first game. I can think of maybe 2-3 more.
Quote:
But they had a better offensive game, in my mind, in the first three periods today. They had fewer shots, but much more high quality chances. You generally do not score from perimeter shots. Their defense has been pretty awful throughout.
LOL jesus Christ at least if you insult someone over their point to make yourself feel better you should understand what part of your post they are responding to. I said I agree they were better in the first but that has no bearing on their miserable failure today

Old
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Frankly I'd rather see a change to a total run-&-gun strategy than anymore of this crap. Would much rather lose that game 4-3 in OT than 1-0.

Not sure where this is going, we're not out of it yet but my mind is starting to drift to fishing season and striped bass in the shallows....

I have tix for Wed. Not sure if I want to go....meh

TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Now that I've showered and got a pizza, we played like ass. There is still time. At the Garden. Must-win situation.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote