HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 3: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 5 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 07:48 PM
alternate

vCash: 500
I feel a bit bad for San Jose, once they blow this series lead (we will come back from down 3-1, 3-1 comebacks one way or the other always seem to play a part in the Canucks' post season) its really going to cement their legacy. Too bad too because I like guys like Thornton, Marleau and Boyle.

Its too bad it has to happen this wAy, but that's how the hockey gods roll.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:48 PM
MikeK

vCash: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I thought we did a good job of gaining the zone last night, especially in the first. San Jose was dumping and chasing more than we were
I'd agree with that which is what makes our position so frustrating. If this team played how they've in the past this series would be reversed. That leads me to believe this team just doesn't have it anymore.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:49 PM
just22
meat and taters

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
I feel a bit bad for San Jose, once they blow this series lead (we will come back from down 3-1, 3-1 comebacks one way or the other always seem to play a part in the Canucks' post season) its really going to cement their legacy. Too bad too because I like guys like Thornton, Marleau and Boyle.

Its too bad it has to happen this wAy, but that's how the hockey gods roll.
lol

Now post it on the main boards

Old
05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
I'd like to see:

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Corrado

Old
05-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Golden Boy
The Spy in Beantown

I just simmed the remaining 5 games in NHL 13... Canucks up 4-1 going into the 3rd in game 3... And they blow it. Lose 5-4 in OT. Edler was a -3. Game 4, just like in game 7 of the 2011 Finals vs the Bruins, they came out flat and lost 5-2. God damnit even NHL 13 says that we're gonna lose...

Old
05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Did the Sedins make the flight to San Jose? Wonder if they'll be in the lineup after missing games 1 and 2.

05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Old
05-04-2013, 07:56 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Did the Sedins make the flight to San Jose? Wonder if they'll be in the lineup after missing games 1 and 2.
I think Hank played the last min of game 2. I would have to check the box score though.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:

Sucks though cause it's true.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:02 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
thanks for posting this

needed it

Old
05-04-2013, 08:04 PM
serge2k

Complete the sweep in San Jose!

Oh wait.

crap.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethesis View Post
I just simmed the remaining 5 games in NHL 13... Canucks up 4-1 going into the 3rd in game 3... And they blow it. Lose 5-4 in OT. Edler was a -3. Game 4, just like in game 7 of the 2011 Finals vs the Bruins, they came out flat and lost 5-2. God damnit even NHL 13 says that we're gonna lose...
Haha pretty strange too if the simulation is all based on stats. I always thought Canucks had some really high individual stats in the game. Both Hamhuis and Edler are 88. Sedin's are 90 and 91. Luongo is 87(?).

Old
05-04-2013, 08:06 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Don Cherry hits the nail right on the head! Goaltending has never been a problem for us, it's our scoring.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Complete the sweep in San Jose!

Oh wait.

crap.
At least we can still have some fun around here.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:10 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Don Cherry hits the nail right on the head! Goaltending has never been a problem for us, it's our scoring.
Who even said goaltending was a problem? Just because there was a huge circus regarding Schneider and Luongo, doesn't mean there was a "goaltning issue" in terms of us not getting solid play in net. It was all about who would start, that's it. Just a massive distraction from the getting to the heart of the problem (coaching, scoring, etc.).

Old
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think many people would argue otherwise, it's really obvious that we don't have the scoring to succeed. Any idiot could of stated that

Old
05-04-2013, 08:13 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I don't think many people would argue otherwise, it's really obvious that we don't have the scoring to succeed. Any idiot could of stated that
Is it really that obvious? For the better part of 9 months all people were talking about on here (aside from the goalie situation) was getting a 3C and mentioning people like Marcel Goc. Didn't seem to me like people were concerned about our scoring (aside from a select few, myself included).

Old
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Brilliant thank you, I really needed that...Hockey is pretty much my life and when your life is associated with the Canucks it can be pretty damn depressing at times.

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Is it really that obvious? For the better part of 9 months all people were talking about on here (aside from the goalie situation) was getting a 3C and mentioning people like Marcel Goc. Didn't seem to me like people were concerned about our scoring (aside from a select few, myself included).
That's because Kesler/Booth were missing for the whole year. We really didn't know what to make of it at that point because Kesler was injured last year and Booth had had some good offensive flashes as well. We were giving them a second chance. Just because everyone doesn't post "disgusting offense" every other post, doesn't mean they are fine with it. Even with the personnel we have, we should be scoring more goals. It's ridiculous quite frankly. Vigneault needs to take a hike.

Old
serge2k

Quote:
yeah, but they could be scoring 4 goals a game and you would still complain because they have the Sedins.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:19 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
That's because Kesler/Booth were missing for the whole year. We really didn't know what to make of it at that point because Kesler was injured last year and Booth had had some good offensive flashes as well. We were giving them a second chance. Just because everyone doesn't post "disgusting offense" every other post, doesn't mean they are fine with it. Even with the personnel we have, we should be scoring more goals. It's ridiculous quite frankly. AV needs to go.
I knew what to make of it. I knew our offense was pathetic for a while. Even in the 2011 playoffs our offense was pathetic. No body listened. Yes AV has to go, but he needs to take a large chunk of this teams forward group with him. Do I have hope that we will win game 3? No. Does winning game 3 mean we are back in the series? No. We need to win games 3 and 4 to get back into the series, and the only way I think we walk out winning either game is if we win 1-0.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Zanon

Weren't the Canucks the lowest scoring team in NHL playoff history by the end of Game 7 versus the Bruins? lol

Same team who scored 262 goals over 82 games in the regular season that year for first place in the NHL.

Just how?

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
I knew what to make of it. I knew our offense was pathetic for a while. Even in the 2011 playoffs our offense was pathetic. No body listened. Yes AV has to go, but he needs to take a large chunk of this teams forward group with him. Do I have hope that we will win game 3? No. Does winning game 3 mean we are back in the series? No. We need to win games 3 and 4 to get back into the series, and the only way I think we walk out winning either game is if we win 1-0.
Well thank God you were able to point it out for us.

Old
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
What realistic other options are the for AV if Tanev is still injured? None. Alberts or Corrado in the top four? Not a chance.

Even a shot in the dark option like Ballard would've given the blueline another pairing combination. But he's not even in the lineup; so if Edler has gaffes in this own end again - we're up **** creek without a paddle.

What you *should* say, for the love of jeebus.....give ****'in more ES icetime to Hamhuis-Garrison and LESS ES icetime to Edler-Bieksa.
spot on...but nothing will change and well continue to see edler and bieksa "lead" the charge

interested as to whether theyll actually go ahead and burn that 1st year elc off corrado's contract in pursuit of this lost cause or whether we'll see ballard sub-in for game 3

Old
05-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Just another pawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
Weren't the Canucks the lowest scoring team in NHL playoff history by the end of Game 7 versus the Bruins? lol

Same team who scored 262 goals over 82 games in the regular season that year for first place in the NHL.

Just how?
These two got injured.

These two refused to adjust once the well ran dry.

Closed Thread