Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phaneuf

Old
05-05-2013, 05:27 PM
JMiller

vCash: 500
You think anyone would be talking about suspending phaneuf if ference didn't get a game ( i don't)?That way out of position iffy high hit is Dions bread and butter.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:31 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
You think anyone would be talking about suspending phaneuf if ference didn't get a game ( i don't)?That way out of position iffy high hit is Dions bread and butter.
agree would care less. woosifacation has led to this

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:33 PM
mobileusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyLegs View Post
Suspension or not, the Bs need to bring the mother****ing lumber in G3. I wanna see Leafs knocked on their arses all over the ice on hard, clean, devastating hits.
BINGO! Eom

mobileusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
mobileusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
He didn't deliberately stick his elbow out like Ference did, so clearly he will get less than Ference.

Ference got 1 game and is a repeat offender. What is less than 1 people? That's right, ZERO.
ISSUE: HIT TO THE HEAD. Is TO a girl? "/

mobileusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
He didn't deliberately stick his elbow out like Ference did, so clearly he will get less than Ference.

Ference got 1 game and is a repeat offender. What is less than 1 people? That's right, ZERO.
Bro, whether you do something deliberately or not is irrelevant in this league.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:30 PM
bb74

Phaneuf is a cement head, cheap, ******.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Soderberg

Me wanting Dion suspended isn't because of Ference, but because of Gryba. How can you suspend one for hitting someone where the principal point of contact was the head (when it wasn't) and then ignore it when it actually was? Injury doesn't factor into this.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Tuukka Time

Would've been shoulder to shoulder but Grab lowered his head right before impact.

Tuukka Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:33 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Jesus, Leaf fans multiplying like a ****ing virus over here the last two days.

Should have been a penalty at least. Should have been a suspension. But I truly believe the Bruins are better off because it motivates the group as a whole around a guy they already hate, and Celine sucks as a defenseman, so one of his numerous gaffes next game will be taken advantage of, likely for the Bruins GWG.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:44 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post

Should have been a penalty at least. Should have been a suspension. But I truly believe the Bruins are better off because it motivates the group as a whole around a guy they already hate, and Celine sucks as a defenseman, so one of his numerous gaffes next game will be taken advantage of, likely for the Bruins GWG.
That and neon Dion has sucked. The only time I notice him is when he's trying to act tough, yap at people and the cheap stuff

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post

The refs have been a hindrance to the Bruins for too many years now. I actually wish that there were only linesmen and NO REFS to call penalties for Bruins games...then maybe we'd see a fair game for once.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:28 PM
hoss75

It's getting pretty disgusting. It's not that the B's are getting calls, the problem is that it's not working both ways. Even though Toronto is the rougher team, it seems the Big Bad reputation is going to be a handicap the B's have to deal with for a few more years.
Disgusting that there isn't at least a review. Totally pathetic. Enjoy it while it lasts because the NHL is going the way of the NBA. It'll be popular, but about as much a sport as wrestling.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Well if players are now allowed to hit other players up high and in the face, the Bruins should abide by the league's rules.

Just disgusting that the NHL isn't even considering looking at this (as far as I can tell), especially after the put the screws to Gryba.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

League won't review Phaneuf hit on Paille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
CBC (who showed the Ference hit as much as possible) have yet to show the Phaneuf hit even once. Are they covering for their team's captain?

It has become so apparent that Canadian media decides what hits should be suspended or not. If there is no (media driven) hype for a hit then there is no suspension.

Apparently Paille was bleeding, but stays on his feet a lot more than Grabovski...
Was it much different than the Ference hit?

So, I just thought we need to represent our guys and bring attention to it. Does anyone have a replay of it?

League won't review Phaneuf hit on Paille:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...-hit-on-paille

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I don't see what the big deal is. He followed through high, but his shoulder was the initial point of contact. Seems like crying just to cry because Ference got suspended. Besides all that, I'd rather he plays and have the Bruins police it if they feel it was an elbow.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Shanny said they didn't see enough contact to the body in the Gryba hit, and I agree, Phaneuf does hit Paille's body as well as his head, but Gryba had a heck of a lot more of Eller's body than Phaneuf had of Paille's.

I really wouldn't have an issue if none of these hits were deemed suspension worth: Ference, Phaneuf, Bourque...but if you are going to call one, then you have to call them all. I would like to see some consistency throughout the league on these calls.

It's the playoffs and some teams are having players miss games, others aren't. Why? Who knows, but these decisions can change games and even series.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. He followed through high, but his shoulder was the initial point of contact. Seems like crying just to cry because Ference got suspended. Besides all that, I'd rather he plays and have the Bruins police it if they feel it was an elbow.
Wow. Looked to me like the principal point of contact was the face....deliberately.

The inconsistency is peculiar, to say the least.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:49 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Wow. Looked to me like the principal point of contact was the face....deliberately.

Meh. It's hockey not figure skating.

And again, I'd rather he stays out there and takes his lumps for the hit. It's also more sweet to beat them if he's there rather than give them the excuse that their best d man got suspended.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
RustyBruins72

Colt. CBC showed the hit (ONCE), a long look at the hit. Basically "he lifted his arm but no contact to the head................" done. gone. over.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Lonnie, are we watching the same video? The initial point of contact was clearly the chin, not the shoulder, and the body part was incidental. Phaneuf also stuck the arm out. If Ference got a game, Dion should have as well.

This hit was nothing like Gryba's where his shoulder/arm was tucked, the body was the primary point of contact, and the contact with the head was secondary. In a vacuum, without Ference or Gryba, this hit should have been at least reviewed and he should have gotten a game. I guess it's too much to ask for consistency?

That being said, Phaneuf sucks, and the B's are probably better off having him out there than in the press box. I hope Lucic runs him (clean) tonight.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post

Agreed.

Think Lonnie might have been hitting the sauce early? Maybe a golf outing with a customer?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Agreed.

Think Lonnie might have been hitting the sauce early? Maybe a golf outing with a customer?
While there's no such thing as too early for the sauce, I just see it as a hockey play. He makes contact with his shoulder on Paille's head at the same time his tucked arm comes in contact with his trunk. I think that in this day and age too many video replays are taking the physicality out of the sport and a hit like this would never even be reviewed in years gone by. Yeah it sucks when you look at Ference's suspension, but he literally flung his arm out at the last second to initiate the contact. In this his entire body makes contact at the same time. So again, I just don't see it.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
bp13

The best thing for the Bruins is having Phaneuf ON the ice, not suspended. So let's just be happy that the league didn't see it the way some on this board did.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
topched

Leafs fan here.... Only difference I see here is Ference (considered tough with suspy history) vs Grabo (small, skilled) instead of Phaneuf (allstar/captain) vs Paille (solid grinder)

Technically both marginally illegal hits with follow through to the head. IMO both penalties and reviewable.

If I was Shanahan it should have been 2 min minors a piece, 1 game suspy for Ference because he's a repeat offender and fine for Phaneuf. Instead we got no minor penalty either time (poor non calls by refs) and a review on only one.

NHL has been sickeningly inconsistent all year. Flip of a coin on 3/4 of illegal plays whether they will be suspended or not.

topched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Paille was bleeding. Should have been 4 min .

Oh well . Nothing happened.

The B's need to come out with many hard clean hits and win this series.