Phaneuf

Old
05-04-2013, 10:32 PM
darkcity
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
perhaps if Jack Edwards didn't call it as if it were armageddon you guys wouldn't be making such a fuss.

But yea if Ference only got 1 no way Phaneuf gets any.

darkcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Leaf fans buzzing here like flies to a fresh turd.

Questionable hit.Phaneuf has a past.Shanny hates the Bruins = no fine or suspension
Lucic needs to handle this.
If this happens,back come Leaf fans,like flies to a fresh turd.

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:35 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
If Paille's face isn't targeted, there's no way his visor goes into his face. You'd also see his head snap forward quickly, which it never does.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Cronuss

vCash: 2823
Bottom line is: if they don't at least review that hit, nevermind granting a suspension, then the league if corrupt and ****.

/shrug.

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
chuckdobbins

I should probably go to bed

Phaneuf isn't going to be suspended for this, and I'm totally ok with that. I thought Ference deserved a minor penalty and MAYBE a game upstairs, but this is an entirely different hit since it's shoulder to ::insert contact point here depending on your affiliation:: instead of elbow to head.

I'd rather just let the on ice antics for Boston do some talking for once.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
BottleOfSmoke

To me, it looks like upper-arm/shoulder to head, with an elbow follow through across the head. I'd still say plenty suspend-able based in the Ference criteria.

BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
howaryuh

It was a high hit, no doubt.
And there is follow through with the elbow.
But alas, Paille did not profusely bleed to make the NHL spring to action.
In the end, while it would be good to see him in the penalty box, it's better to have Phaneuf on the ice

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
If Paille's face isn't targeted, there's no way his visor goes into his face. You'd also see his head snap forward quickly, which it never does.
This is the most damning evidence that it's shoulder-to-head contact.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
This is the most damning evidence that it's shoulder-to-head contact.
Same as when Rome drilled Horton in the face. If the principle point of contact was the chest like everyone wanted to believe, Horton's head would've snapped forward. It didn't. Not comparing the hits though, outside of the physics.

T minus 6 hours til the baby gets up, if I'm lucky. Time to hit dat hay.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Same as when Rome drilled Horton in the face. If the principle point of contact was the chest like everyone wanted to believe, Horton's head would've snapped forward. It didn't. Not comparing the hits though, outside of the physics.

T minus 6 hours til the baby gets up, if I'm lucky. Time to hit dat hay.
Good night. I hope you get some sleep.

I thought it was a dirty hit and if it had been Looch a call would have been made.

Refs were not good...yet again.

I feel like I am on the Leaf's board.

05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Hazi

A questionable high hit that can be the result of a 1 game suspension. Will it??? I'm not sure, but all I know is, if it isn't and the Bruins think it should have been, expect the B's to go out on Monday and add the fuel to the fire and play like they did in Game 1.

Hazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
It was a high hit, no doubt.
And there is follow through with the elbow.
But alas, Paille did not profusely bleed to make the NHL spring to action.
In the end, while it would be good to see him in the penalty box, it's better to have Phaneuf on the ice
Then you will be happy to know that Phaneuf will be on the ice .

We're thankful that Seidenberg isn't much of a dirty player. Leafs need him on the ice, it's like being happy that Kostka is on the ice but knowing that he's not costing us the game.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:48 PM
NiL8r87

Really surprised this is being compared to the Ference hit. Dion hit with his shoulder here and then followed through with his forearm, whereas Ference blatantly jerked his elbow out towards Grabovski's head before their bodies made contact.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiL8r87 View Post
Really surprised this is being compared to the Ference hit. Dion hit with his shoulder here and then followed through with his forearm, whereas Ference blatantly jerked his elbow out towards Grabovski's head before their bodies made contact.
The Ference hit wasn't as bad.

You are looking for trouble here and that is not allowed.

Ladyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:52 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

This is a penalty but they could have called 5 other penalties on the Leafs just as easily.

It's been a joke all year.

Time to start diving like Kadri and everyone else

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hamilton Brian

S'ok leaf fans. Head back to your board, we'll commiserate on ours. We hate that dick Phaneuf, thxkby.

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiL8r87 View Post
Except that at contact, Ference's arm was almost completely tucked to his side. He hit Graobovski in the head with his upper arm and shoulder, which warranted the suspension, but to say he jerked his elbow out is completely inaccurate. His elbow came up after contact, as did Phaneuf's. Ference hit Grabovski mostly in the head as did Phaneuf. It's not a bad comparison.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Lobster57

vCash: 225
Ignore
Repeat

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Except that at contact, Ference's arm was almost completely tucked to his side. He hit Graobovski in the head with his upper arm and shoulder, which warranted the suspension, but to say he jerked his elbow out is completely inaccurate. His elbow came up after contact, as did Phaneuf's. Ference hit Grabovski mostly in the head as did Phaneuf. It's not a bad comparison.
It's moreso the angle I think. Phaneuf's body was basically perpindicular to Paille on the hit, his shoulder makes contact, his elbow comes up, doesn't look as bad to me.

Ference came at Grabo on kind of an off-angle, and I think I should correct myself, it wasn't elbow first with Ference, was more arm first. But because the angle was off I think he put his arm out early to compensate so he could make better contact and from that perspective it just looks worse to me, but maybe not as malicious as I originally thought.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"

How bad could this hit have been? Paille didn't even fall let alone land in a heap on the ice Like Grabo did after the Ference hit. All Paille did was bend over at the waist then stand back up. After watching the replay several times I don't know why there is still a discussion. The discussion surrounding this hit is a whole lot of nothing. I doubt the hit is even reviewed because it isn't really significant.

yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:02 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
The Ference hit wasn't as bad.

You are looking for trouble here and that is not allowed.
The Ference hit was nothing but elbow to face. It was a guaranteed suspension. This hit was arguably incidental contact to the head on a hit through the body, which Shanahan has explained before is not a suspension or even necessarily a penalty. Then again, that's exactly what Gryba's hit was and he got suspended. But then again Paille wasn't taken off on a stretcher with his face caved in, and we all know that Shanahan's wheel of justice likes one hit where nobody's hurt and dislikes the same one if somebody is. Ference would have been suspended longer if Grabovski's head wasn't made of steel.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Ference hit Grabovski exclusively in the head. There is a rather large difference.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
The Ference hit was nothing but elbow to face. It was a guaranteed suspension. This hit was arguably incidental contact to the head on a hit through the body, which Shanahan has explained before is not a suspension or even necessarily a penalty. Then again, that's exactly what Gryba's hit was and he got suspended. But then again Paille wasn't taken off on a stretcher with his face caved in, and we all know that Shanahan's wheel of justice likes one hit where nobody's hurt and dislikes the same one if somebody is. Ference would have been suspended longer if Grabovski's head wasn't made of steel.
Just because Paille doesn't dive to the ice like some of the Leaf's players doesn't mean it wasn't a dirty hit. Danny was bleeding from a gash on his nose. I saw it up close. Paille knows the water is frozen and there should be no diving allowed.

Ladyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Neely08

Stop it at 0:23.

Shoulder to head, clear headshot. Whether he meant it or not. Judging by his own reaction he didn't. Still a dumb move. If Ferences' was suspend-able, that surely is.

I don't know what some of you are looking at. Don't really care.

As for the guy who said that's text book clean hit... you ever hit me like that, I'd beat you so hard your grandchildren would walk funny.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
As i explained above, no it wasn't. Tonight's hit was mostly head contact. So was Ference's. And according to your explanation of the wheel of justice, since Grabo wasn't injured, why was Ference suspended?