HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

May 5 • Germany 1, Russia 4

Old
05-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Atas2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Wasn't he suspended by his own team in Russia this year?
nope. But the fact you mention something like that is a good example of the expectations he has to face by now.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:50 AM
BobDobolina

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
nope. But the fact you mention something like that is a good example of the expectations he has to face by now.

Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud

Alex Radulov, suspended by CSKA for "disciplinary reasons" will miss his second straight game. Practicing with CSKA's junior team

BobDobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
To be honest, Kovy doesn't look so thrilled playing with him. Doesn't even smile after scoring from his pass
It's just a calmness of the experience. There is whole tournament still ahead. Nothing to cheer about hard yet. Heck, it's Kovalchuk scoring a goal. It's like Datsyuk would cheer every time he takes the puck away from somebody. Radulov on the other hand is just a different type. He's always emotional. No matter if it's a good or a bad thing to do. But that's what he is.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post

He plays like he's so small and scared.
He plays also with 2 of the most gifted players on planet earth. Sure he doesn't look like he's controlling the tempo of his line but in no way he's slowing them down neither.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM
GermanNuck

by the way, on iihf.com they say that the goal was waived off because Rankel kicked it in.. as sad as it is, i can't remember the goal exactly, but i'm pretty sure the refs waived off because 'hoff was lying in the zone..

GermanNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Was just for 1 game I think. Nothing really big.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
It's just a calmness of the experience. There is whole tournament still ahead. Nothing to cheer about hard yet. Heck, it's Kovalchuk scoring a goal. It's like Datsyuk would cheer every time he takes the puck away from somebody. Radulov on the other hand is just a different type. He's always emotional. No matter if it's a good or a bad thing to do. But that's what he is.
No hes just a caveman who cant control his emotions like a normal human being.

Last edited by BalticWarrior: 05-05-2013 at 11:11 AM.
BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
He plays also with 2 of the most gifted players on planet earth. Sure he doesn't look like he's controlling the tempo of his line but in no way he's slowing them down neither.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
And he will get the confidence while the tournament goes on. You can't expect a guy who was stuck in the AHL at the beginning of the season and now centers the NT first line to be comfortable with that right away. It's a very important learning experience for Lokti.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
No hes just a caveman who cant control his emotions like a normal human beeing.
Radulov is going to track your IP address and he'll go after you.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:03 AM
PGCougar
almostcanadian

Germany was at least equal if not better than Russia. It was much closer than one can guess after a look at the result.

The difference was the Radulov-Kovalchuk line. Kovalchuk just used his chances, the Germans didn't. Moreover, the game should've been tied at 2 but the refs didn't count the goal (still don't know why, since Anisimov pushed Ehrhoff into Varlamov).

I'm really happy about Germany playing that well, I finally think they can do something in this tournament.

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
by the way, on iihf.com they say that the goal was waived off because Rankel kicked it in.. as sad as it is, i can't remember the goal exactly, but i'm pretty sure the refs waived off because 'hoff was lying in the zone..
There was no kick in at all. Just Ehrhoff lying on Varlamov's head at the time of the shot.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
No hes just a caveman who cant control his emotions like a normal human beeing.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Thanks Accalbeth my point still remains

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:12 AM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelownaRocketsFan View Post
I'm really happy about Germany playing that well, I finally think they can do something in this tournament.
Not so sure about that. We have seen it in the past, they look good against the big nations (but still lose) and then might stink it up against more or less equal nations like Norway, Austria etc.

That said they look good out there and I don't think we will face relegation this year. But I will wait for the first game against an opponent on our level before I get my hopes up.

ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:13 AM
GermanNuck

Quote:
There was no kick in at all. Just Ehrhoff lying on Varlamov's head at the time of the shot.
Thanks.. Still, someone was lying on Ehrhoff aswell after he was pushed into Varlamov.. So, tough call, but doesn't change anything.
Great game by both teams. Maybe we can beat a few teams if they keep playing like this, but i won't jinx it, germany has proved too many times that they keep up with the big nations, just to get crushed by the "underdogs"

Old
05-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelownaRocketsFan View Post
Germany was at least equal if not better than Russia. It was much closer than one can guess after a look at the result.

The difference was the Radulov-Kovalchuk line. Kovalchuk just used his chances, the Germans didn't. Moreover, the game should've been tied at 2 but the refs didn't count the goal (still don't know why, since Anisimov pushed Ehrhoff into Varlamov).

Ok, you are homerish. Believe me Russia was better, not blowout better but it was obvious they had a gear or two left. Russia controlled the game easily until the 2-1. That got them a little bit off balance. But that's it.

Also the goal was disallowed correctly. Goaltender has to be allowed to make the save in the crease. Hard to do with a player lying on your head. And it wasn't much of a push by Anisimov. Watch the replay.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Yeah i know. But his face after scoring that goal and looking at Radulov was like "uh, just stop that you're embarassing us"

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts View Post
Not so sure about that. We have seen it in the past, they look good against the big nations (but still lose) and then might stink it up against more or less equal nations like Norway, Austria etc.

That said they look good out there and I don't think we will face relegation this year. But I will wait for the first game against an opponent on our level before I get my hopes up.
Why in thw world you got rid of Krupp? He was the only coach who built up some kind of a good system there.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Finland apologizes for Aleksi Rantala. One of the worst refs in SM-Liiga but I guess he's good at kissing ***** to get to officiate at the Worlds...

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Yeah i know. But his face after scoring that goal and looking at Radulov was like "uh, just stop that you're embarassing us"
Believe me, they are good buddies off the ice. Radu isn't the smartest guy on Earth, but he's always straight forward and a funny guy. Besides it all doesn't matter on the ice really. He's a talented hockey player, not some blue collar blue blood scientist, so I don't expect him to act overly smart in every situation.

Would be nice if he had Datsyuk's manners. But it just doesn't work that way.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:26 AM
GermanNuck

Quote:
Why in thw world you got rid of Krupp? He was the only coach who built up some kind of a good system there.
He's coaching my team, the Cologne Sharks now, and the national association wouldn't let him coach both the club, and the national team.

Now we have Cortina, who is coaching the national team....
...and EHC Munich.

Old
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Finland apologizes for Aleksi Rantala. One of the worst refs in SM-Liiga but I guess he's good at kissing ***** to get to officiate at the Worlds...
There were questionable calls/non-calls on both sides. Kinda evened it out...

Old
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Don't be too harsh with yourselfs. We won't blame you... how could we? We gave the world Rick Looker as a pro ref

ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
He's coaching my team, the Cologne Sharks now, and the national association wouldn't let him coach both the club, and the national team.

Now we have Cortina, who is coaching the national team....
...and EHC Munich.
A bayuwarian conspiracy, huh!?

Gotta hate those internal affairs with the federations...

Old
05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I was puzzled as to why the goal didn't count, seems like Anisimov pushed Erhoff into Varlamov...Not sure on the specifics of this situation...

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote