HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

May 5 • Switzerland 3, Canada 2 (SO)

Old
05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Incognito

vCash: 500
How the **** does that happen, Canada? Man, this is so effin' embarrassing. I hope all the players and the coaching staff feel absolutely humiliated. They deserve to.

Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
How the **** does that happen, Canada? Man, this is so effin' embarrassing. I hope all the players and the coaching staff feel absolutely humiliated. They deserve to.
Yeah, totally. Let's not give Switzerland any credit whatsoever.

They played a great game and deserved to win. Hope they build on their success in this tourney, as Sochi is right around the corner.

05-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Yeah, totally. Let's not give Switzerland any credit whatsoever.

They played a great game and deserved to win. Hope they build on their success in this tourney, as Sochi is right around the corner.
Uh, I don't believe I ever mentioned anything about the Swiss. I said I was utterly disappointed in Team Canada. They have no one but themselves to blame for this loss.

Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
I thought he looked good...I liked his confidence handling the puck and he had good rebound control.
I don't think goaltending is an issue with the team.
Glad to hear it, I'd really love to see him and Tippett win gold medals.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:19 AM
spOiler

Taylor hall played 8 minutes.... wow bit odd. I know he was coughing up the puck but so was giroux. With Halls top speed you would think you would want to get him rolling...

spOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Parise9Crosby87

damn really only 8 minutes for hall thats bad coaching

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:40 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Congrats to the Swiss. Well deserved.

Why does Canada look soooooo lost on the big ice? We always do. I have never played on the big ice but could it really be that big a difference???
well if u look at the NHLers who went over they got used to the time and space and looked a bit off coming back to the smaller ice... patty kane and joe thornton looked good on both but seguin grabo are having a tougher time getting adjusted. u would think with more time and space team Canada would be even more lethal

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasa92 View Post
Well Viasat stopped streaming KHL games on tv because of small audience and NHL is still running strong there. But yes most people would still choose IIHF over SC-Finals even if both would be shown at a good time & from free channels.

In Finland i would rank hockey leagues/ tournaments by popularity like this:

1. Olympics
2. IIHF WC
3. Sm-liiga (our elite league)
4. Mestis (our 2nd best league)
5. NHL.

And those are pretty much what people in Finland care about, i mean KHL is respected and all but people really don't watch it, iv'e never seen an KHL team fan in here.
Look all Stanley Cup-Finals, for as far as I can remember, has been played 2 am in Sweden and 3 am in Finland. Same for 95% of the PO's games.

We can only guess, but if the NHL were played prime time in Europe on a channel everyone gets, it get great numbers if a big Swede was involved. I would bet at up towards 33% of the population in Sweden.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:09 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Disappointing result yesterday, we have Norway next, hope we pick it up for that game. Oh and yes Taylor Hall should be out there for more than 8 minutes a game.

05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
No Pain No Gain

Every year is the same lol, hockey Canada shouldn't even mind sending a team at this tournament, seriously. Canadian players obviously don't give a single **** about it, and it seems pretty clear that it's an european thing more than anything. And imo it's ******* lame too. Just saying.

HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCowboysOwn View Post
Every year is the same lol, hockey Canada shouldn't even mind sending a team at this tournament, seriously. Canadian players obviously don't give a single **** about it, and it seems pretty clear that it's an european thing more than anything. And imo it's ******* lame too. Just saying.
Yet you people go nuts over juniors WC, which nobody else gives a crap about... Not even US and they often win it.

I agree that it should perhaps be a european tournament instead but I think Canada are the ones opposed to that.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:57 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
Yet you people go nuts over juniors WC, which nobody else gives a crap about... Not even US and they often win it.

I agree that it should perhaps be a european tournament instead but I think Canada are the ones opposed to that.
I think more people in Canada might care about this tournament if our team actually showed up to compete on a regular basis. No, it still wouldn't compare to the Stanley Cup Playoffs for myself or anyone else in Canada, but it's a good secondary tournament that works out well for people with days off. WHC during the day (10 am to 2 pm), SCP at night (7 pm to 1 am). I used to follow the WHC yearly just like the WJC but it's becoming harder and harder to watch this garbage hockey (from our team).

Not to take anything away from Switzerland, because they get surprising results from what little pure skill they have to work with, but if our team actually showed up for a change, they'd do a lot more damage in this tournament. If Hockey Canada, our players and the coaches don't take the tournament seriously, then just ****ing pull out of it. This is a ****ing joke, an absolute embarrassment. Just goes to show that all the talent in the world can't make up for a lack of desire and incompetent management.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
StrongIslanders90

for anyone who saw the game, how did Nino Look??

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:37 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
damn really only 8 minutes for hall thats bad coaching

That's Lindy Ruffski for you. Pulling out his "Sabre" card by allotting a small amount of time to a younger player.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Oyabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post

Not to take anything away from Switzerland
So stop doing it then. I seriously doubt that Stamkos, Giroux & co hopped on a plane and then decided not to give a crap about the tournament once they were there.

With the team Canada has this year, I thought there was no room for excuses "the only reason Canada lost is because this was our D team" etc. but there always seems to be room.

Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
True Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
So stop doing it then. I seriously doubt that Stamkos, Giroux & co hopped on a plane and then decided not to give a crap about the tournament once they were there.

With the team Canada has this year, I thought there was no room for excuses "the only reason Canada lost is because this was our D team" etc. but there always seems to be room.
We'll win it. There won't be any excuses.

True Hockey Fan is online now   Reply With Quote