HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

May 5 • Norway 3, Denmark 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  #126
andersej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
Cant wait for Denmarks relegation. Slovenia deserves more to stay and hockey is getting far more popular there than it is in Denmark anyway.

Hockey in Denmark will never become popular, just like it never will in norway either.
You're absolutely right, what a great plan you have for growing the game.

Also, why bother playing the games, we could just leave you as the über-judge to decide who deserves it more...

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:18 AM
  #127
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
Cant wait for Denmarks relegation. Slovenia deserves more to stay and hockey is getting far more popular there than it is in Denmark anyway.

Hockey in Denmark will never become popular, just like it never will in norway either.
That's some statement. "Never" is an awful long time.
Hockey is increasing in popularity among fans and media.
Sadly the financial situation is not "increasing" so that limits any kind of expansion of actual number of players.
But Denmark has moved from being a C-nation to having 8 NHL players in 25 years....so NEVER? Who knows where hockey is in Denmark in 25 years?

Slovenia deserves to stay in elite if they beat Denmark......

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
  #128
Artemia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
That's some statement. "Never" is an awful long time.
Hockey is increasing in popularity among fans and media.
Sadly the financial situation is not "increasing" so that limits any kind of expansion of actual number of players.
But Denmark has moved from being a C-nation to having 8 NHL players in 25 years....so NEVER? Who knows where hockey is in Denmark in 25 years?

Slovenia deserves to stay in elite if they beat Denmark......

The problem with denmark and norway is soccer and handball's popularity. Hockey will always be in their shadow. Also because you will never reach the top 6 nations.

Yes, Denmark has gone from a C nation to elite pretty quickly. Yet, it hasnt really helped hockey popularity.

Danish league still averages 1000 people on games. Just like it did 20 years ago. Same with Norway.

Or actually, hockey was far more popular in Norway when they were a B nation, in the 80s and 90's than it is now.

There's just no hockey culture in either country and never will be.
People are satisfied with handball and soccer.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:58 AM
  #129
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
The problem with denmark and norway is soccer and handball's popularity. Hockey will always be in their shadow. Also because you will never reach the top 6 nations.

Yes, Denmark has gone from a C nation to elite pretty quickly. Yet, it hasnt really helped hockey popularity.

Danish league still averages 1000 people on games. Just like it did 20 years ago. Same with Norway.

Or actually, hockey was far more popular in Norway when they were a B nation, in the 80s and 90's than it is now.

There's just no hockey culture in either country and never will be.
People are satisfied with handball and soccer.
Hockey needs a major town fanbase........Århus and Copenhagen (not some local suburb). So you need a stacked team and a great arena for that to happen.
But it's important that more and more media attention eventually will create a demand.
And hockey is in the shadow of football also in Sweden and Russia. It is almost everywhere except Canada.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:44 PM
  #130
cbj21
Registered User
 
cbj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shampoo land
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
I hate Denmark too.
When were playing eachother.
But I love Danish people and I love Denmark, it's a beautiful country and even better culture.
Danish beer is my favourite.
So in conclusion I love everything about Denmark almost always.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
  #131
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
I hate Denmark too.
When were playing eachother.
But I love Danish people and I love Denmark, it's a beautiful country and even better culture.
Danish beer is my favourite.
So in conclusion I love everything about Denmark almost always.
Thank you - good to know all this heating up for one game doesn't stick afterwards.

I just hate losing to Norway in hockey, because we get cheated/outmanipulated/owned (depending on view) by Tollefsen every bloody time. We fall into his trap again and again and again...it's frustrating he is so frustrating.

Denmark is not a physical team we can never win this kind of game, but Tollefsen just make our team lose focus with all his stuff. Jannik Hansen just exploded in 2012.

I would love finally winning over Norway in NT, but maybe we have to wait until Tollefsen retire - a depressing thought....

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
  #132
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
In fact Tollefsen is heading back to the NHL. Rumors say he has reached an agreement with the Predators. Must be a perfect team for him...

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #133
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well I had to get this game a bit in the distance before writing......
Whether the Norwegians really hate the Danes or not; it's all part of a plan that works every time Norway play Denmark.
They do EVERYTHING to destroy a technical danish squad to make it a physical fighting game and Tollefsen is world elite when it comes to get away with his own stuff and getting people in the penalty box when someone tries to get back at him.

Examples:
Tollefsen knocks Daniel Nielsen head first into the board and get's two minutes. Denmark lost a defender.
He get's Philip Larsen down at the blueline making for a danish offside call and get's nothing.

Julian Jacobsen is pushed from behind then his sticks move and Tollefsen "elegantly" falls over his stick resulting in two minutes for Jakobsen and in a battle with Starkov he falls in a hustle with Starkov and Starkov get's two minutes.
OK he get's knockout himself so even his luck had limits but over all he was a huge factor in getting the Danes mentally out of focus in the second period where we as the game against Canada lost the game focus and got way to many penalties. Bastiansen scored on one of them like Canada did against Denmark.

So when Norwegians claims the Danes often play dirty you are really . I would call Norway a physical team and Tollefsen a guy who makes it dangerous for the other teams players.
Sadly the strategy paid off....Norway won upsetting the Danes.
When we finally started to get our offense going again the third period we were already 0-2 behind even when leading the shots 25-15 after the first two periods.

So reasons Norway won:
1) Tollefsen making the Danes lose focus from their technical fast game and they start to fight the more physical Norwegians which is a losing battle to begin with.
2) Haugen made save after save in the first two periods only causing the Danish frustration to increase.
3) Bastiansen rolling his way around in the danish zone. If we didn't have Oliver Lauridsen on him he did basically as Duchene did when he scored the first one against us.
4) Thoresen was just so skilled every time he got the puck and he showed it making the final 3-2 goal ending the danish comeback.

What I noticed about Denmark:
1) Mads Christensen played well but couldn't get past Haugen in spite of many Mikkel Bødker passes on the PP. When he finally found the net it was high sticking. He simply had rotten luck this game.
2) Mikkel Bødker got 2 assists but didn't play as well as against Canada. He made some bad decisions on passing that caused turnovers and again still don't score or shot enough for that matter.
3) Patrick Galbraith played well, but gave a bit to many rebounds.
4) I think both Lauridsen brother do surprisingly well on big ice. The PK was generally very tight but sadly one to many gave a Norwegian goal.

Denmark's problems:
A) Our PP still sucks....I know Morten Green scored against Canada on a PP, but it was more of a rush than a PP setup. When we setup it goes way way to slow. Need simply faster puck movement and people changing position instead of being static.
B) Taking to many penalties and losing game focus in the 2'nd periods.

Conclusion: Denmark should have got at least an OT had they stayed cool.

If the Norwegian NT really hate the Danish players I wonder why. Denmark is one of the least physical team they can meet in the A-group, so to complain about Denmark being a dirty team is bewildering?
Danish players being smartasses according to the Norwegians - in NHL it's often said they are being to humble and discreet.
Agreed on all of this!, too lazy to actually go into detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
I hate Denmark too.
When were playing eachother.
But I love Danish people and I love Denmark, it's a beautiful country and even better culture.
Danish beer is my favourite.
So in conclusion I love everything about Denmark almost always.
Why thank you, and I don't think any of us hate you
At least we have fun games, and last nights game had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Thank you - good to know all this heating up for one game doesn't stick afterwards.

I just hate losing to Norway in hockey, because we get cheated/outmanipulated/owned (depending on view) by Tollefsen every bloody time. We fall into his trap again and again and again...it's frustrating he is so frustrating.

Denmark is not a physical team we can never win this kind of game, but Tollefsen just make our team lose focus with all his stuff. Jannik Hansen just exploded in 2012.

I would love finally winning over Norway in NT, but maybe we have to wait until Tollefsen retire - a depressing thought....
Well I have to admit, that as much as I hate Tollefsen, I wouldn't mind him being Danish.. NOT AT ALL.. He is great for Norway, but a frakking pain in the ass for the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
In fact Tollefsen is heading back to the NHL. Rumors say he has reached an agreement with the Predators. Must be a perfect team for him...
Haha good for him! And maybe good for Denmark aswell? If his - maybe - new team is a PO contender

I could see a guy like him thriving in Philly, Boston or with us in Vancouver

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
  #134
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
In fact Tollefsen is heading back to the NHL. Rumors say he has reached an agreement with the Predators. Must be a perfect team for him...
Yeah Tollefsen to NHL and making the playoff's every year would be the best thing for danish hockey in a long time!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.