HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

T.o. ???

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2005, 12:57 PM
  #1
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,194
vCash: 500
T.o. ???

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=121281

What is going on, or is the media just blowing stuff up like usual.

bennysflyers16 is online now  
Old
04-12-2005, 01:15 PM
  #2
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
He wants more money, basically he wants his contract re-worked. Eagles and Joe Banner will not do that at all. Not sure where this is going to go. My dad was listening to WIP here around Philly and there is a rumor that the Eagles could trade for a #1 pick or something like that. I don't know but the Eagles don't take this from their players. TO needs to accept the sweet deal he got and just get ready for next season.

swflyers8* is offline  
Old
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
  #3
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
He wants more money, basically he wants his contract re-worked. Eagles and Joe Banner will not do that at all. Not sure where this is going to go. My dad was listening to WIP here around Philly and there is a rumor that the Eagles could trade for a #1 pick or something like that. I don't know but the Eagles don't take this from their players. TO needs to accept the sweet deal he got and just get ready for next season.

Would this be the time the Eagles give in ???? What could he do if he does not get more $$ ( If that is in fact what he wants ), sit out, we have him under contract. I personally don't think he is going anywhere.

bennysflyers16 is online now  
Old
04-12-2005, 02:08 PM
  #4
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I was also listening to WIP today during the "Anthony & Steve" show and during one of there breaks they had a sports brief that had a few TO comments. one of them caught my attention...supposedly he said that he doesn't know why everyone is getting on him, he's not the one who got tired during the Super Bowl. I was like WOW! thats a major shot a McNabb.

I found the exact quote:
Quote:
T.O. says he "did everything" the Eagles asked of him last season, adding he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."
espn

he's a funny guy, that TO is.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
04-12-2005, 02:46 PM
  #5
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
When the Eagles signed TO, I was one of the first to defend him because he isn't a "bad guy" (drugs, murder, etc) and went out and played hard game after game.

Now, however, my opinion of him has greatly changed. I find his public outcry wanting a new deal to be offensive. Did he give back his salary in the games while he was injured and couldn't play? Did Joe Banner withhold his paychecks while he was injured?

I don't understand why players cannot honor their contracts and demand to renegotiate when they have a good season. Do owners demand to renegotiate after a player has a lousy season? It truly makes watching professional sports difficult to watch when guys are complaining because they are only making x million dollars per season.

I know that he is an outspoken guy, but his comments about not being the one who was tired in the Super Bowl was really out of line.

The bottom line is that the Eagles aren't going to cave in to TO's demands. They haven't in the past and they aren't going to start now. That being said, he will either sit out and pout or he will play under the terms of the contract that he signed last season.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
04-12-2005, 02:56 PM
  #6
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Do owners demand to renegotiate after a player has a lousy season?
no, but they can just cut players at will.

BTW, I agree with everything else you said.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
  #7
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,194
vCash: 500
Is he done with the Eagles ????????? What is the local word, MGMT. I do not beleive will give in. I think this needs to be rectified ASAP, or I don't beleive the fans will welcome him back. Also, who does he get traded to, as we will get nothing in return to help us this year, and who would trade for a guy who thinks 49 million is not enough. I want him back, but if we will not play, let him sit this year. I hope that this is his new agent causing this crap and he will see the light , as the Eagles are not known to give in to this crap !

bennysflyers16 is online now  
Old
05-02-2005, 11:52 AM
  #8
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Is he done with the Eagles ????????? What is the local word, MGMT. I do not beleive will give in. I think this needs to be rectified ASAP, or I don't beleive the fans will welcome him back. Also, who does he get traded to, as we will get nothing in return to help us this year, and who would trade for a guy who thinks 49 million is not enough. I want him back, but if we will not play, let him sit this year. I hope that this is his new agent causing this crap and he will see the light , as the Eagles are not known to give in to this crap !
IMO, TO will be back after sitting out the majority of training camp.

The bottom line is that the Eagles management is not going to give in. They haven't in the past and they aren't about to start.

At this point, TO is in breach of contract and could be fined for each day that he misses of mini-camp. If TO is being fined, how can he feed his family?

That being said, once TO reports, I'm sure that the fines will disappear.

Going a step further, they aren't going to trade him either. If TO won't report, then he simply won't play.

To answer your last question, of course it is his new agent causing this crap. If his new agent doesn't get a new deal done, his new agent doesn't get paid.

However, I do believe that TO will not be back for the 2006 season.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 02:37 PM
  #9
easton122
Registered User
 
easton122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
I don't know the specifics of his contract but from what I heard he made like 9 million last year and this year he only makes something like 3 millon. Next year his contract shoots up again. He signed that contract and obviously he didn't realize what he was doing since he was so gung-ho to be here. The Eagles got him pretty good IMO and no matter what we win in the end. If he plays this year for the small contract we cut him next year and save another 9 mil or so.

easton122 is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
  #10
pitkanen>bouwmeester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pitkanen>bouwmeester Send a message via Yahoo to pitkanen>bouwmeester
I'm a 49er's fan and this seems so very familiar........

pitkanen>bouwmeester is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 03:52 PM
  #11
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitkanen>bouwmeester
I'm a 49er's fan and this seems so very familiar........

You are not the first to say that. Unfortunately I look at T.O. through rose coloured glasses because he is an Eagle. I hope this resolves itself ASAP !

bennysflyers16 is online now  
Old
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
  #12
pitkanen>bouwmeester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pitkanen>bouwmeester Send a message via Yahoo to pitkanen>bouwmeester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
You are not the first to say that. Unfortunately I look at T.O. through rose coloured glasses because he is an Eagle. I hope this resolves itself ASAP !
Doubtful. He'll get traded to another team, take them to the Super Bowl, hold out when he doesn't get more money. This process will repeat itself every year until he retires

pitkanen>bouwmeester is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
  #13
Mongoose
Registered User
 
Mongoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mongoose
I was listening to Paul Jowivitz(sp?) last nmight on WIP and he made an awfully good point. We all know that despite TO's large mouth, he still is one of the most passionate players in the history of the sport. I truly believe, after hearing the case made last night, that TO will be playing the first game of this season on. His love for the game of football will outweigh his desire for money. While this might sound like crap right now, take a look at the Eagles first 3 games. Atlanta, a game he wouldnt wanna miss. San Francisco, no chance in hell he'd miss a chance to get back at his old team. Finally, Oakland...Do you really think he'd let Randy Moss show him up???

I dont know, this just sounded very believable on the radio. I do agree though. Just some food for thought...

Mongoose is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 04:30 PM
  #14
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitkanen>bouwmeester
Doubtful. He'll get traded to another team, take them to the Super Bowl, hold out when he doesn't get more money. This process will repeat itself every year until he retires
First, what team, in their right mind, would trade for TO given that he is currently holding out and know that his new agent will demand a new contract before he even puts on that team's jersey?

Second, why would the Eagles trade him? If he doesn't show up, he doesn't get paid.

The Eagles have pretty much proven over the years that they don't play these games and they aren't about to start now.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 04:31 PM
  #15
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
I was listening to Paul Jowivitz(sp?) last nmight on WIP and he made an awfully good point. We all know that despite TO's large mouth, he still is one of the most passionate players in the history of the sport. I truly believe, after hearing the case made last night, that TO will be playing the first game of this season on. His love for the game of football will outweigh his desire for money. While this might sound like crap right now, take a look at the Eagles first 3 games. Atlanta, a game he wouldnt wanna miss. San Francisco, no chance in hell he'd miss a chance to get back at his old team. Finally, Oakland...Do you really think he'd let Randy Moss show him up???

I dont know, this just sounded very believable on the radio. I do agree though. Just some food for thought...
Although I do believe that TO would like more money, I think this is also just a ploy so that he can skip mini-camp and part of training camp as well.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 06:35 PM
  #16
FlyersFan10*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
The guy is a great talent, but he's a no class punk. If I'm Donovan McNabb, I ignore throwing to T.O. as much as possible this year and just have T.O. go nuts. I hope T.O. comes to his senses though and realizes that this is probably the best situation for him to be in. He should count himself lucky he didn't go to Baltimore last year because if he did, he'd have Ray Lewis to deal with and you can bet T.O. wouldn't get away with this kind of behaviour he is displaying.

FlyersFan10* is offline  
Old
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
  #17
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
The guy is a great talent, but he's a no class punk. If I'm Donovan McNabb, I ignore throwing to T.O. as much as possible this year and just have T.O. go nuts. I hope T.O. comes to his senses though and realizes that this is probably the best situation for him to be in. He should count himself lucky he didn't go to Baltimore last year because if he did, he'd have Ray Lewis to deal with and you can bet T.O. wouldn't get away with this kind of behaviour he is displaying.
Although I don't agree with his tactics and some of his recent comments, I don't think that TO is a no class punk either.

First, I'd bet that he would get away with this behavior no matter what team he is playing for. What, would Ray Lewis go to TO's house and beat him up for not reporting?

It's not like TO is the first guy in the NFL (or any other sport for that matter) to hold out for more money. This is a common tactic that happens, not coincidentally, right around mini-camp and training camp time. Most superstars don't want to participate so they hold out and then, all of a sudden right around the end of training camp, decide to end their hold out just in time for the first pre-season game.

And, sure, if I'm McNabb I'm going to ignore the best receiving weapon on the team and risk losing games just to have TO go nuts. I'm sure that would go over really well with Andy Reid too.

We're not talking about a marginal WR like Freddie Mitchell, we're talking about one of the best (if not the best) WR in the NFL today.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,117
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=124048



Fredex released.

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 04:10 PM
  #19
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500


Dont let the door hit you in the @ss Freddy!

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 04:18 PM
  #20
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Good riddence to the rubbish.

I've read some reports that the Giants might be interested in him. I'd love to see him go across the middle and get leveled by Dawkins.

Now he can be known as Fred Ex-Eagle.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 04:22 PM
  #21
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,194
vCash: 500
He was such a moron,,,,, Ususally with a mouth like his, you have a fair bit a talent to back it up. If he was half as good as thinks he is, he would be a Pro Bowler .

So, If T.O. were to sit out this year, what would our receiveing core look like ????

bennysflyers16 is online now  
Old
05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
  #22
FlyersFan10*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Although I don't agree with his tactics and some of his recent comments, I don't think that TO is a no class punk either.

First, I'd bet that he would get away with this behavior no matter what team he is playing for. What, would Ray Lewis go to TO's house and beat him up for not reporting?

It's not like TO is the first guy in the NFL (or any other sport for that matter) to hold out for more money. This is a common tactic that happens, not coincidentally, right around mini-camp and training camp time. Most superstars don't want to participate so they hold out and then, all of a sudden right around the end of training camp, decide to end their hold out just in time for the first pre-season game.

And, sure, if I'm McNabb I'm going to ignore the best receiving weapon on the team and risk losing games just to have TO go nuts. I'm sure that would go over really well with Andy Reid too.

We're not talking about a marginal WR like Freddie Mitchell, we're talking about one of the best (if not the best) WR in the NFL today.

As a rule of foot, T.O. knows that there is no way that he becomes the face of the Eagles franchise and that the Eagles are all about McNabb. Whether T.O. likes it or not, he should have NEVER spoke ill will about the franchise in Philadelphia. That's the difference between great players and franchise players. Franchise players know when to shut their mouths and let their actions do the talking. T.O. just doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

The reference to Ray Lewis is that he would have kept T.O. in line in Baltimore. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, T.O. wouldn't have been a spokesman there and any kind of dissension in Baltimore would have been met by a Ray Lewis forearm to the head or a punch to the mouth in the locker room. That's the problem with T.O. He doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Does anyone here not find it a coincidence that this is the 2nd Pro Bowl quarterback that the man has dissed in the media. I know many on here may not like Jeff Garcia, but damn, put him in that west coast offense and he really knows how to run the show. Yet Owens continually whined and complained about him. Now the same thing is beginning to happen in Philadelphia. It's only a matter of time before the T.O. act gets old in Philadelphia and it wouldn't surprise if someone from the defense gave him a beat down to shut him up.

As for being the best receiver in the NFL, not even close. As much flack as Randy Moss gets, there is none true talent better than him. If Randy ever gave it his all every game, he would be unstoppable. The second best would probably be Torry Holt in St.Louis. Marvin Harrison in Indianapolis is also a deadly receiver and I'm looking forward to seeing what a full season in San Diego will be like for Keenan McCardell.

So, we can all say what we want about T.O., but everywhere he's been so far, he's been a locker room cancer. No good has ever come from this guy.

FlyersFan10* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.