HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarke MacArthur

Old
05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Clarke MacArthur

Really needs to be praised, 2 goals in 2 games and not even a mention. He is producing and not just trying without results after being a healthy scratch.

A lot of posters wanted him gone, but he has been a factor this series. Huge goal last night, and it was beautiful goal at a key moment of the game just like Bozak's goal. The Game winner from last night.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Jax Teller

CCM - Clarke Clutch MacArthur

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
CCM - Clarke Clutch MacArthur
Did the same for Team Canada. Clutch.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Aplayaz2000

where's the Clarke **** talkers

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:40 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
where's the Clarke **** talkers
over talken **** in the grabo thread

IBLEAF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Asif16*

Great for him. But i still want him gone. Replace with clarkson next.

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
The Beyonder

He's played big on a big stage for his team, big salute to him, he's taking a shot at his doubter and sending a message to Nonis and the management staff. Hopefully he keeps it up his play because we're going to need him to.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:45 PM
SteveV*

He's no Grabo, but....

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Darcy Tucker

he's coming up big and all but the A he was given is still questionable. I expected more production from him but he and Grabo just never clicked this year like in the past.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Banic

I was never a vocal hater of Clarke. But I'm eating crow now for sure. He has definitely stepped up as a big game player. Just wish his consistency was year round.

Banic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Leafmon1

Cmac coming thru for Big Blue!!! Not sure whats gonna happen with his contract situation, not thinking he will be re-signed if there are bigger fish on the line, but if he keeps us going like he has since getting his chance in the playoffs he just might if the price is right!

Leafmon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Interactif

He's an interesting case for Nonis, I think he's gone next year but good on him for showing he is not done.

For all the grief he did get here, he is still the only member of KGM to score 60+ points in 10-11. 62 points in total.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

He's a wild card. Could definitely be a 60 point guy if he can find consistency.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:56 PM
jimmycarter

happy for him.

will cheer for him wherever he goes.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:36 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
I honestly am not sure what to make out of him. He will most likely be let go unless he accepts a one year deal.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
DionPhaneuf3

Wish he played the entire series, guys been clutch.

DionPhaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:59 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Really needs to be praised, 2 goals in 2 games and not even a mention. He is producing and not just trying without results after being a healthy scratch.

A lot of posters wanted him gone, but he has been a factor this series. Huge goal last night, and it was beautiful goal at a key moment of the game just like Bozak's goal. The Game winner from last night.
100th consecutive dig at Grabovski. Sneaky this time I doubt two goals in the playoffs will save Clarke's ass any more than Kadri being shut out will fry his. CM was really quite good in the first half. Produced points, plus rating, doing basically the best that he can do with his skill set, and reminiscent of what he did in 10-11 . It would be a real conumdrum if he hadn't tanked so hard from March 12th onward but resigning him shoves Frattin and Colbourne down the depth chart. IMHO he is not near needy enough to take a 1 year deal, nor consistent enough to resign and expect he can hold a spot with Kadri. Adios and good luck to him I think. He will look great in Colorado or Florida, and I think he will have more 50+ point seasons.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
100th consecutive dig at Grabovski. Sneaky this time I doubt two goals in the playoffs will save Clarke's ass any more than Kadri being shut out will fry his. CM was really quite good in the first half. Produced points, plus rating, doing basically the best that he can do with his skill set, and reminiscent of what he did in 10-11 . It would be a real conumdrum if he hadn't tanked so hard from March 12th onward but resigning him shoves Frattin and Colbourne down the depth chart. IMHO he is not near needy enough to take a 1 year deal, nor consistent enough to resign and expect he can hold a spot with Kadri. Adios and good luck to him I think. He will look great in Colorado or Florida, and I think he will have more 50+ point seasons.
Agreed.

He's the most obvious player to be replaced by either a slightly more expensive but better vet (Clarkson?), by a cheaper, if slightly less immediately effective youngster (D'amigo?) or by another Mclement-like player, a defensive-minded checker with ideally some physicality, who can help us form that shut-down line.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:18 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lol always has to take a shot at grabo

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:22 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Even though MacArthur is not producing goals like he did during his 1st year with the Leafs, it's still great to see him doing well right now and I hope he keeps it going tomorrow night.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:26 PM
PuckMagi

2 goals in 2 game with very little ice time is very impressive!

can't argue with results.

he only got 7:13 of ice time last game and 8:50 the game before. least amount of ice time of any forward other than Orr.

in terms of wingers... kessel, lupul and JVR are clearly better. i also like frattin more than MacA. i also think kuli is better because he hits more, kills penalties... and just a better 2 way player.

but i think he's our 6th best winger and therefore deserves a spot on the top 9 at the moment. hard to say if there's a spot for him next year or not though.

the guy can definitely score... and he's clearly an NHL calibre player.

hopefully he'll get more ice time in game 6 if we need goals. if we have a 2 goal lead, then we can play our checking players more.

i was happy when they put him in the line up because our goons weren't doing anything useful whatsoever.

hopefully he'll keep the goal streak going tomorrow!

PuckMagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

exactly why you don't trade a quality player for some random mid-round picks when you're heading to the playoffs.

Clarke is a good all around player. Does a little bit of everything out there. We might not want to afford him this offseason, but he can still help us now.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Hyperglide

I still say he's gone come the off-season but he's been playing better lately. In fact Kuli-Grabbo-Mac have all been playing at their levels from a couple of seasons ago for these playoffs. Maybe Carlyle should try them together again?

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Even though MacArthur is not producing goals like he did during his 1st year with the Leafs, it's still great to see him doing well right now and I hope he keeps it going tomorrow night.
I know some of us were crying about them not dealing Mac and Boz before they became UFAs, but I kind of see that now as the cost of having depth for a possible playoff run. We are so used to getting up for the draft we forget that prospects don't necessary equate to victories or playoffs. The last 4 games have been so pleasant after the waiting. Even when they weren't winning they were showing they could go toe toe. with a talented veteran Cup winning squad. Just need for NK to get the monkey off his back. I wonder how many of these guys are playing hurt.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
exactly why you don't trade a quality player for some random mid-round picks when you're heading to the playoffs.

Clarke is a good all around player. Does a little bit of everything out there. We might not want to afford him this offseason, but he can still help us now.
Likely the thing. I like him, and obviously so do his teammates, since he wears the A. Just wish Carlyle would give up on the Orr thing and give those minutes to guys who can actually do the damage at both ends

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote