HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #1-3 - "Class of 2013" - Canucks @ Sharks - May 5th, 2013 - 7:00 p.m, TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Grumbler

vCash: 500
I wonder if we will ever get more powerplays in a game in this series. I just can't believe San Jose is so much more disciplined than us that they get 100% more pp than we do.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:23 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Only reason why I'd be happy if we lose is we're seeing AV getting fired, I believe the boys have tuned him out.

That being said, if the boys win this game they have a chance. Let's go boys!

Old
05-05-2013, 11:27 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Only reason why I'd be happy if we lose is we're seeing AV getting fired, I believe the boys have tuned him out.

That being said, if the boys win this game they have a chance. Let's go boys!
It's the playoffs. If you tune out your coach in an attempt to get him fired in the playoffs then a lot of those players should be going along with AV.

For some reason I have a good feeling about tonight though.

05-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Pizza Mane
Helen Kesler

Win at all costs. A W here and we're back in the series. Even a split coming out of SJ (although unlikely) would be doable.

It's also my last day in Vancouver before heading back east to finish school, so give me a good last night downtown Canucks!

Old
05-05-2013, 11:37 AM
xtr3m

The boys were asleep in game one and received a rude awakening. Game two was more like it, the intensity was finally there. Is it too late now? Hope not.

Is anybody else annoyed at the team marking their calendar for regular season games and then slowing down? First the game in Boston, and now it seems the Chicago game. I know it's the players pride and for them it might be really important, but I'd rather them treat regular season games as regular season games, all of them. Start getting angry with the first round opponent, no matter who they are.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:40 AM
L4cer8

We can't win without rolling 4 lines. AV needs to have the roster to do that, and he can if Schroeder is healthy enough to play. If he is, I have no idea why Ebbett is in.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:52 AM
BerSTUzzi

Well now that the Beast Kesler has returned all we need is to get something out of the Twins. One goal from their line and I feel we've got this game.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:55 AM
The Stig
The Pride Of All BC

vCash: 470
So I've been avoiding this site like the plague out of superstition since the playoffs started but I guess that really doesn't matter anymore does it?

Let's go boys! I've seen some crazy things happen in the playoffs! We can totally do it!

Old
05-05-2013, 11:58 AM
polarbearcub

IF we win this game tonight, game 4 is gonna feel like an elimination game.

CMON this is the sharks! They choke more than we do!

I have a feeling the sharks might take the boys lightly tonight. Gotta get an early lead.

So much is being made of the sharks only losing 2 in regulation this season, but they did have another 5 that went to OT. Just win.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Lindt

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
It's hilarious that some people think just because Schneider may start that we have a better chance at winning. I don't think anyone reasonably would cheer against Schneider tomorrow. But I also don't think anyone could reasonably think that the difference between winning and losing the past two games would have been made up by starting Schneider instead of Luongo either. Unless Schneider has developed a goal scoring touch in the past two weeks it'll be the same old story no matter who's in net if the Sedins and others continue to play like they are late for their 2013 tee times.
Of course we have a better chance to win with Schneider. He's our MVP. He has handily beat Luongo in GAA, SV% and Win% for the past three seasons. He led the league in shutouts this year - important stat for a team that can't score. For a team with scoring troubles, the difference in their stats becomes even more important.

Is goaltending our main problem? Definitely not. Does Schneider give the team a better chance to win? Evidence says yes.

It doesn't matter if Schneider would or wouldn't have won the first two games. What matters is that a 100% healthy Schneider gives the team a better chance to win the games that remain in question. Duh.

Last edited by Lindt: 05-05-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old
05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Lindt

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearcub View Post
IF we win this game tonight, game 4 is gonna feel like an elimination game.

CMON this is the sharks! They choke more than we do!

I have a feeling the sharks might take the boys lightly tonight. Gotta get an early lead.

So much is being made of the sharks only losing 2 in regulation this season, but they did have another 5 that went to OT. Just win.
Actually, they lost five home games in OT/SO. In addition to that they have 5 shootout wins at home, which means nothing in the playoffs. This stat of 2 regulation losses at home it just a panic phrase for drama queens. In reality, ten games have gone to OT/SO and they've lost 5 of them.

Sure, they are a good home team but not nearly as dominant as people are making them out to be.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Grumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindt View Post
Actually, they lost five home games in OT/SO. In addition to that they have 5 shootout wins at home, which means nothing in the playoffs. This stat of 2 regulation losses at home it just a panic phrase for drama queens. In reality, ten games have gone to OT/SO and they've lost 5 of them.

Sure, they are a good home team but not nearly as dominant as people are making them out to be.
And the canucks have a habit of always proving their critics right.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:19 PM
polarbearcub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbler View Post
And the canucks have a habit of always proving their critics right.
So do the sharks.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Grumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearcub View Post
So do the sharks.
Hmm hard to decide which team does it better.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Canucker

Quote:

They don't need to be a dominant home team in order to crush us...they just have to be adequate, the Canucks ineptness will do the rest.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Well, unlike a lot of people, I still have a good feeling about this team and the game today. I thought the Twins were very unlucky to not have a couple goals last game and Kesler looks like he's back. Their PP is looking dangerous & their PK has been excellent. They have made some profound mistakes and it has cost them but on the whole, their intensity level has been worlds better than last year. I have a much better feeling about this series than the LA one, that's for sure.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Any word on the lines for today's game? I would be stunned to see Corrado in the lineup. Going down 0-2 and effectively burning a year of his ELC by playing him in a game where the ship is sinking is not good management at all.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Any word on the lines for today's game? I would be stunned to see Corrado in the lineup. Going down 0-2 and effectively burning a year of his ELC by playing him in a game where the ship is sinking is not good management at all.
who cares about burning a year?

we are losing out on maybe a mill in cap room 2 years from now. If they aren't willing to do that then I doubt the competitiveness of the management and it sends a terrible message to the team

Old
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Plus the fact that Corrado isn't a significant upgrade over Ballard at this point...makes no sense to waste a year.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Squall

Quote:

Honestly, it's more like we lose to ourselves more than any opponent. Our inability to score goals has become a weakness that everyone knows about. We make every goalie look extra good.

The fact that the Sharks have made to OT so many times at home isn't a frightening thing to think about. Instead, it's knowing that OT is probably not in our favours due to our lack of offense. Or more specifically, our lack of finish.

I'm not saying that we can't win, but there's a valid reason why people are concerned over it.

I can't say the same about the "drama queens" though. haha

Old
05-05-2013, 01:06 PM
KDizzle

The Sharks are who we thought they were... and WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK.

So CROWN THEIR *****!

Seriously. Please win.
They need to demonstrate that they actually learned something from the loss last year to the Kings. This is playing out in almost an identical fashion.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Astoria
KESLERKESLERKESLER

I'm taking this game shift by mother fedgin' shift. I think they can pull out a win. They just need to play a full 60 minutes, crash the net, get those rebounds, and for the love of God... Don't ever, ever sit back when you have the lead.

GO CANUCKS!!!

Old
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Let's expose them for who they really are.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Grumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Naissak View Post
Let's expose them for who they really are.
A team that can sweep the canucks?

Old
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Peter Griffin

They say the worst lead in hockey is 2-0, does that apply to a 2-0 series lead as well? I'm hoping that the Sharks will be filled with somewhat unwarranted confidence going into this game at home and the Canucks will be in desperation mode. If they lose this game, it's pretty much over obviously, but a win tonight in San Jose would be HUGE.

Closed Thread