HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Off-Season Trade Tracker

Old
05-31-2013, 06:43 PM
PetesFan94

vCash: 500
Off-Season Trade Tracker

Well with the Trade Freeze for the OHL being lifted tomorrow I thought it would make sense to have a thread where we can keep track of all trades and trade rumours.

The only rumour I have heard as of now is Brassard from the Bulls will be heading to Windsor.

PetesFan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 09:49 PM
ImaBullsfan

Just wondering, why would they lift the trade freeze on a saturday? All paperwork wouldn't be filed with head office till monday anyway? Would any deals leak ot tomorrow? Or wait till monday?

ImaBullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:47 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Just wondering, why would they lift the trade freeze on a saturday? All paperwork wouldn't be filed with head office till monday anyway? Would any deals leak ot tomorrow? Or wait till monday?
It's my understanding that he trade freeze is lifted every year on June 1st for whatever reason, what day of the week that happens to be on isnt taken into account.

ErieOttersNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 06:02 AM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Trades will be able to be finalized this weekend but only cause its the first one trading weekend of the summer.

Heres to hoping we see a few deals today!!

Old
06-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Well with the Trade Freeze for the OHL being lifted tomorrow I thought it would make sense to have a thread where we can keep track of all trades and trade rumours.

The only rumour I have heard as of now is Brassard from the Bulls will be heading to Windsor.
Hearing the same thing about Brassard. Anyone want to guess what Windsor would be giving up?

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:17 PM
FrontenacSens

Any Fronts rumors out there? I could see them going after a goalie and big defenseman

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:39 PM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Hearing the same thing about Brassard. Anyone want to guess what Windsor would be giving up?
Someone said Studnicka. For an OA id imagine just picks tho..

But Spits have signed 6 players this offseason so who knows.

Old
06-01-2013, 07:01 PM
big papa

Quote:
Someone said Studnicka. For an OA id imagine just picks tho..

But Spits have signed 6 players this offseason so who knows.
someone did post that Studnicka wanted out so he could be a throw in to please him and also gives the Bulls a body back with some picks

big papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

With all their potential overagers, I would expect Plymouth to be making some deals. Lorentz, Malysa, Crombeen, Whaley and Mahalak are all without pro contracts. I expect Vellucci to try to move Mahalak, and whichever of Crombeen or Whaley that he can work out a deal.

Whalers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 08:08 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
With all their potential overagers, I would expect Plymouth to be making some deals. Lorentz, Malysa, Crombeen, Whaley and Mahalak are all without pro contracts. I expect Vellucci to try to move Mahalak, and whichever of Crombeen or Whaley that he can work out a deal.
Although the trade window opened on Saturday it looks as if any trades made won't be officially completed until Monday when there is someone to register the deals working in the OHL offices.

For what it's worth the OHL insider speculated on a deal which would see Brassard moving to Windsor. However as he has signed with the Jets and they may have other plans for him. If a deal was done with Windsor it would need to be contingent on him reporting....

punch1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 08:18 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
someone did post that Studnicka wanted out so he could be a throw in to please him and also gives the Bulls a body back with some picks
Unable to reply to you on Spits thread as it's full....but you are right..it appears that the 6 signings by the Spits indicates a full court press could be underway towards a re-build. IMHO Monday should see a couple deals completed that will indicate this.
If they go towards youth they have some quality 94's that will be headed to parts unknown.....as well as Studnicka and Bateman...Monday should be very telling...

punch1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 08:23 AM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Unable to reply to you on Spits thread as it's full....but you are right..it appears that the 6 signings by the Spits indicates a full court press could be underway towards a re-build. IMHO Monday should see a couple deals completed that will indicate this.
If they go towards youth they have some quality 94's that will be headed to parts unknown.....as well as Studnicka and Bateman...Monday should be very telling...
Wouldnt mind the Petes taking a flyer on Bateman.

Quality 94's as in.... Vail? haha wouldnt mind him either.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:46 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

saw that the battalion lost both of their imports, including their goalie, i wonder if erie would consider trying to send them dansk to bring back some much needed d help, devin williams should be the starter anywyas

Old
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Wouldnt mind the Petes taking a flyer on Bateman.

Quality 94's as in.... Vail? haha wouldnt mind him either.

What do you have in mind to give to get them?

I'll take Nick Ritchie and Eric Cornel.

KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:30 AM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
What do you have in mind to give to get them?

I'll take Nick Ritchie and Eric Cornel.
Haha not even close! Vail has one season left and Bateman has proved anything yet! Cornel and Ritchie are only in there draft years!

Old
06-02-2013, 12:20 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Haha not even close! Vail has one season left and Bateman has proved anything yet! Cornel and Ritchie are only in there draft years!
But look how the other deals went with the Petes.

Aha, I don't think the Petes'll be a trading partner with the Spits unless they completely rebuild.

KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:55 PM
PetesFan94

I also expect Connor Crisp to be dealt sometime in the offseason. Likely somewhere in the East.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:49 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
I also expect Connor Crisp to be dealt sometime in the offseason. Likely somewhere in the East.
I highly doubt that. Harper is the most likely Erie forward to be shown the door.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
dogfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
I highly doubt that. Harper is the most likely Erie forward to be shown the door.
I can see Harper or Crisp being moved to Niagara for Jesse Graham. The Otters need an older puck moving D and Dave Brown drafted Jesse and really likes him. The IceDogs need an 18/19 year old top six forward.
It would also explain why the Otters sent a 2nd and 4th for Joel Wigle at the trade deadline last season.

dogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfan View Post
I can see Harper or Crisp being moved to Niagara for Jesse Graham. The Otters need an older puck moving D and Dave Brown drafted Jesse and really likes him. The IceDogs need an 18/19 year old top six forward.
It would also explain why the Otters sent a 2nd and 4th for Joel Wigle at the trade deadline last season.
I agree because that trade still puzzles me to this day.

ErieOttersNews I would not be shocked if both Harper and Crisp both were dealt this off season. Both could net a good return that I think would benefit the team a lot.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Good call. Would make sense.

Harper, Difruscia, Perlini, Verhaeghe, McCool moving forward....

Wow thatd be deadly.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:58 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I agree because that trade still puzzles me to this day.

ErieOttersNews I would not be shocked if both Harper and Crisp both were dealt this off season. Both could net a good return that I think would benefit the team a lot.
Yeah, I would lump Cairns in there as well. I just think only Harper is being moved because right now he would fetch the biggest return, and if knoblauch can get cairns and crisp to work hard all the time they would both be top 6 forwards. Victor Fernandes just said he doesn't expect any big deals until at least training camp, which is a bit disappointing if he's right.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Yeah, I would lump Cairns in there as well. I just think only Harper is being moved because right now he would fetch the biggest return, and if knoblauch can get cairns and crisp to work hard all the time they would both be top 6 forwards. Victor Fernandes just said he doesn't expect any big deals until at least training camp, which is a bit disappointing if he's right.
I agree in both things you said. Cairns should be in this discussion as well. After his stellar rookie year he has been a rather disappointing each year. I think two of the three between Harper, Cairns, and Crisp will eventually be moved. I think Harper and Crisp would bring the most back though.
It would be disappointing to see nothing happen until training camp but with the import draft coming up soon here maybe Bassin wants to see what happens with that before he starts moving some players. I would hope most if not all move are made by the 10 game mark of next season though.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I agree in both things you said. Cairns should be in this discussion as well. After his stellar rookie year he has been a rather disappointing each year. I think two of the three between Harper, Cairns, and Crisp will eventually be moved. I think Harper and Crisp would bring the most back though.
It would be disappointing to see nothing happen until training camp but with the import draft coming up soon here maybe Bassin wants to see what happens with that before he starts moving some players. I would hope most if not all move are made by the 10 game mark of next season though.
I hope he only moves one of those guys because they are all still relatively young and we are losing at least Fox after this season, but you never know with bassin. I would expect him to make some moves after the import draft, sooner better than later. The Wigle traded makes absolutely zero sense to me right now though. And the thought popped up that maybe we could send dansk to north bay for something. They last both of their imports, including their goalie.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Section19

Quote:
Niagara might need a veteran goalie, if Festarinin doesn't come back, so I can see them making a move for Crisp.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Section19 is offline   Reply With Quote