Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kelly needs to show up (NOW) or ship out this summer

Old
06-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Take Kelly out of the lineup and you won't like the results. 2nd best defensive Center on the team and is a beast on the PK and face offs.

Defense wins championships.

Peverley will be bought out not Kelly.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:47 AM
BrainOfJ
You're our only hope

Zero shots attempted last night. Not on goal. Attempted.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Take Kelly out of the lineup and you won't like the results. 2nd best defensive Center on the team and is a beast on the PK and face offs.

Are you joking? Kelly has done nothing, zip, nada throughout the playoffs and the stats don't lie as he has 0 points and is a minus player. He certainly isn't playing up to that contract so far. If I had to choose to keep one of Kelly and Peverley I would keep Peveley. While Pevs hasn't exactly been dynamite either, he has proven to put up a couple of solid seasons in his career. Kelly had a career year last year and he's simply not worth that cap hit.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
misterjaggers

Kelly played like a gladiator when he wore a cage over his face.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Are you joking? Kelly has done nothing, zip, nada throughout the playoffs and the stats don't lie as he has 0 points and is a minus player. He certainly isn't playing up to that contract so far. If I had to choose to keep one of Kelly and Peverley I would keep Peveley. While Pevs hasn't exactly been dynamite either, he has proven to put up a couple of solid seasons in his career. Kelly had a career year last year and he's simply not worth that cap hit.
They've both played their way into buyouts. Have to love when a CBA rewards players like that.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Third line has been awful....offensively....Kelly played very well vs Pittsburgh.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:52 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Third line has been awful....offensively....Kelly played very well vs Pittsburgh.
No, not very well. He was just not pathetic. Let's not go youth soccer here and lower expectations so everyone feels good. At 3m per, -9 doesn't cut it when the team has basically been an ES monster all playoffs long. He was E in a series the Bruins never trailed and below 50% at the FO dot in that series. The best PKers in the playoffs have been Rask followed by the skaters.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:56 AM
patty59

Kelly has been downright awful this year, but I don't think you can take him out of the lineup at this point. With Campbell already out and now Horton out and Thornton either getting scratched or playing 5mins a night they don't have that luxury. They can't insert, Daugavins/Soderberg/Caron into the lineup in the SCF.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Kelly has been downright awful this year, but I don't think you can take him out of the lineup at this point. With Campbell already out and now Horton out and Thornton either getting scratched or playing 5mins a night they don't have that luxury. They can't insert, Daugavins/Soderberg/Caron into the lineup in the SCF.
Agreed. If Horton's out, he probably is the 8th or 9th best skater. Let's just stop pushing the meme that we're rolling more than 2 lines right now.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:04 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Agreed. If Horton's out, he probably is the 8th or 9th best skater. Let's just stop pushing the meme that we're rolling more than 2 lines right now.
At this point the 3rd and 4th lines are just eating minutes. If they can play at least even, which they haven't so far, they will be find. But it's time to dig deep.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Colt.45Orr

I'm not saying we should take him out of the line-up at this point --I'm just saying he has really let us down this year. If you cannot create or sustain any sort of offense you will always be defending, so I'm not about to praise him for his self-inflicted defending.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:23 AM
bruins repeat time

Quote:

100 percent agree. Kelly is doing a lot out there . All you guys look at his points etc. We will survive Horton on the top line if we lose this series now after what I saw last night it will have a lot to do with the 3rd and 4th lines due to Campbell Horton being out. daugs did ok but hes a step behind and im afraid so will be sods . I was hoping if we got another injury it would be a 5th or 6th defenseman ---please not another forward but here we go. Taking kelly out now is flat out a joke as would be peverly.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
At least guys like Seguin, Daugavins and even Peverley look OK out there when they aren't finishing (they generate some chances). This guy is COMPLETELY invisible, more so than anyone else on the team. Yeah, he's a good PKer; we only have like 10 forwards that can do that. He has even been hit and miss on the draws now as well.
The lack of offensive involvement and SOG is what worries me the most. 3rd line looked much better with him bumped down. They actually had several entire shifts played in the offensive zone. 4th line was surprisingly ineffective. Iced the puck 4 or 5 times. Finished -6 collectively.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
rocketdan9

Bruins should of never gave both kelly and pev an extension

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
No, not very well. He was just not pathetic. Let's not go youth soccer here and lower expectations so everyone feels good. At 3m per, -9 doesn't cut it when the team has basically been an ES monster all playoffs long. He was E in a series the Bruins never trailed and below 50% at the FO dot in that series. The best PKers in the playoffs have been Rask followed by the skaters.
Did you and all just enter different universes ???

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:49 AM
gillesgilbert

Peverley used to be one of my favorite players.His decline is sad.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

I'm not sure why, because he was never this bad at this, but he is not able to possess the puck AT ALL. He can't handle passes, he can't keep the puck on his stick, and he is being pushed off the puck way too easily. It's tough to get shots on goal when you can't keep the puck on your stick.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:22 AM
westernhome

Kelly is a great penalty killer, and great positional player for defensive hockey, and the effort level is very strong

he doesn't have a lot of offensive skill, so expecting that from him will always be disappointing, and him and Peverley are very weak in puck strength (they are the polar opposite of Jagr)... watching Peverley and Kelly in the offensive zone (for the few seconds they can actually maintain anything there) is pretty depressing

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I think there's something going on externally with Pevs. He looks drained and distracted and it has destroyed his game.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 300
Kelly right now is a -9, with 0 points in 17 games, Peverley has a -6, and Seguin is -2. They're the only negative +/-'s on the team (aside Bartkowski at -1.) Sean Thornton is averaging 7:45 of ice time per game, half of Kelly and even Thorty has 4 points. What gives, Kelly blows this year. Can anybody even think of one scoring opportunity he's had, or generated for someone else? Going to be hard to win the Cup without Horton and playing a guy like Kelly 1/4 of the game.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:30 AM
TD74

Quote:

Totally agree with this.....Kelly knows his roll and does the little things right and frustrates the opposition. If he scores....its gravy......his a Julien type of player so he aint going anywhere.

Pevs on the other hand has become dispenseable. No need for a buy-out.....plenty of teams will take him in a heart beat....

TD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Kelly right now is a -9, with 0 points in 17 games, Peverley has a -6, and Seguin is -2. They're the only negative +/-'s on the team (aside Bartkowski at -1.) Sean Thornton is averaging 7:45 of ice time per game, half of Kelly and even Thorty has 4 points. What gives, Kelly blows this year. Can anybody even think of one scoring opportunity he's had, or generated for someone else? Going to be hard to win the Cup without Horton and playing a guy like Kelly 1/4 of the game.
kind of crazy how the 4th line looked way way worse with Kelly on it, like he brought Thornton and Paille down

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
qc
Dare to Dream

vCash: 69
Quote:
I think there's something going on externally with Pevs. He looks drained and distracted and it has destroyed his game.
Maybe he's been listening to 98.5

You're 100% right about Kelly. A left handed face-off guy that can play defense is worth his weight in gold, especially with Soupy out.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
kind of crazy how the 4th line looked way way worse with Kelly on it, like he brought Thornton and Paille down
Makes me angry watching and thinking of his play. Like someone else posted a few days ago, I don't think him or Peverley or almost Seguin will ever score a goal again.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

It's too bad we have injuries right now because this guy needs to be benched and badly. I really hope he's bought out in the off season because he's been garbage all season.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote