HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kelly needs to show up (NOW) or ship out this summer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2013, 07:41 AM
  #176
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
The good news is he can not be as bad as game 1.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:46 AM
  #177
Kalus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quincy
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
1 out of 2 ain't bad Aly, considering they tried to move that one during the season
Whaaa? Don't remember that being reported. Interesting.

With consideration for value add potential and remaining contract, I could see Peverley moved for a poor return, basically a salary dump.

For Kelly, perhaps the Bruins would need to eat $1.5mm of his remaining contract, but I could see a team viewing him as a useful player/mentor for $2.5mm per for another 3 years. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't force a stay using his NTC.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:50 AM
  #178
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
Whaaa? Don't remember that being reported. Interesting.

With consideration for value add potential and remaining contract, I could see Peverley moved for a poor return, basically a salary dump.

For Kelly, perhaps the Bruins would need to eat $1.5mm of his remaining contract, but I could see a team viewing him as a useful player/mentor for $2.5mm per for another 3 years. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't force a stay using his NTC.
I`m guessing there are probably tons of teams who attempt to move a player but aren`t able to and it`s not reported.

I can see Pevs being either moved, or bought out. Not sure where his game went, absolutely loved the versatility of his game and I really like him as a person, seems to be a genuinly good guy but his offensive game is gone, and it`s been that way since he took a knee to knee hit against the Habs last year....shocker they would have something to do with it

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
  #179
Kalus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quincy
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m guessing there are probably tons of teams who attempt to move a player but aren`t able to and it`s not reported.

I can see Pevs being either moved, or bought out. Not sure where his game went, absolutely loved the versatility of his game and I really like him as a person, seems to be a genuinly good guy but his offensive game is gone, and it`s been that way since he took a knee to knee hit against the Habs last year....shocker they would have something to do with it
I don't think its over for Pevs. Good mix of speed, skill, and grit. He'll get it back, might need a change of scenery. Maybe a number two centerman in a rebuilding team? Point is, he should be movable.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:08 AM
  #180
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
I don't think its over for Pevs. Good mix of speed, skill, and grit. He'll get it back, might need a change of scenery. Maybe a number two centerman in a rebuilding team? Point is, he should be movable.
Yep, he`s moveable, if Scott Gomez contract was scooped up by the Habs a few years back..........anyone is moveable, his value however is at an all time low.

Always a compliance buyout as a final option

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:21 AM
  #181
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
Whaaa? Don't remember that being reported. Interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m guessing there are probably tons of teams who attempt to move a player but aren`t able to and it`s not reported.
Sometimes a GM will contact other GM's and say "so and so is available". They get no offers. It doesn't always get out. Sometimes you hear it from another team. I do recall Chiarelli a few years ago saying that the Bruins were shopping someone, just cant remember who it was right now. But it's not often you hear a GM saying they are shopping one of their players.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:59 AM
  #182
Kalus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quincy
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Sometimes a GM will contact other GM's and say "so and so is available". They get no offers. It doesn't always get out. Sometimes you hear it from another team. I do recall Chiarelli a few years ago saying that the Bruins were shopping someone, just cant remember who it was right now. But it's not often you hear a GM saying they are shopping one of their players.
For sure. Probably less than 10% of even somewhat serious discussions leak.

Just thought it was interesting to know they shopped Pevs around.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:02 PM
  #183
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,328
vCash: 500
Remember when we were saying that Kelly was a glorified 4th liner?

Well, 'Line Killer' Kelly goes to the 4th line and it instantly goes from being the best 4th line in hockey to being a liability almost every shift.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
  #184
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Remember when we were saying that Kelly was a glorified 4th liner?

Well, 'Line Killer' Kelly goes to the 4th line and it instantly goes from being the best 4th line in hockey to being a liability almost every shift.
The guy is absolutely invisible. You can look at guys like Peverley and Seguin for a lack of production, but at least they can look decent out there at times. Kelly is as useless of a player as someone can be.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:34 PM
  #185
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Claude needs to put Seguin up with Bergeron and with all these TV timeouts go with 3 lines

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:49 PM
  #186
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Still get rid of Kelly.

How is he calling out his teammates when he's been the Bruins' worst player just about all SEASON? Let alone playoffs (closely contested by Peverley).

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
  #187
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
The guy is absolutely invisible. You can look at guys like Peverley and Seguin for a lack of production, but at least they can look decent out there at times. Kelly is as useless of a player as someone can be.


And . . . Kelly scores the only goal of the game for the Bruins to tie the game in the second.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  #188
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Claude needs to put Seguin up with Bergeron and with all these TV timeouts go with 3 lines
I'd like to see Seguin back with Bergeron and Marchand also. They need speed against Chicago.

Give Jagr a rest.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
  #189
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,021
vCash: 500
attaboy, stonehands!! go to net, score goal. kelly has been good tonight. keep it up, 23.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:17 PM
  #190
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
*snort*

Yeah, how dare he try and get his teammates pumped up, what with him wearing an A and all.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
  #191
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
*snort*

Yeah, how dare he try and get his teammates pumped up, what with him wearing an A and all.
Perhaps he should look in the mirror first of all.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  #192
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Perhaps he should look in the mirror first of all.
Because the best leaders are always the flashiest, loudest, and most productive on a team?

No.

Dude's had a bad year, but for people to get on his case because he's trying to rally the team leads me to believe that some people don't understand one lick of what goes into being part of a team. Cut and dried.

His goal after all that whiny *****ing in here was just tasty icing on the cake.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  #193
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Because the best leaders are always the flashiest, loudest, and most productive on a team?

No.

Dude's had a bad year, but for people to get on his case because he's trying to rally the team leads me to believe that some people don't understand one lick of what goes into being part of a team. Cut and dried.

His goal after all that whiny *****ing in here was just tasty icing on the cake.
The best leaders lead by example and with results. 1 point in something like 30 games isn't giving him a lot of credibility, especially playing with Peverely and Seguin most of that time.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
  #194
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
The best leaders lead by example and with results. 1 point in something like 30 games isn't giving him a lot of credibility, especially playing with Peverely and Seguin most of that time.
Yes, because points is the single determining factor that determines a successful hockey player.

This is bordering fantastically close on a discussion of people who want to look solely at stats to determine a player's total worth.

Speaking of leading by example, I'd think amping up your team, then going out and scoring minutes later in game 2 of the Cup Finals seems like a pretty damn good example.

But that's just me. I'm feeling a hell of a lot better since that slouch Kelly scored the single Bruin goal that tied this game.

How dare he try to lead tonight by example.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
  #195
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Because the best leaders are always the flashiest, loudest, and most productive on a team?

No.

Dude's had a bad year, but for people to get on his case because he's trying to rally the team leads me to believe that some people don't understand one lick of what goes into being part of a team. Cut and dried.

His goal after all that whiny *****ing in here was just tasty icing on the cake.

Post of the thread! You nailed it from start to finish.

Kelly is a hard working Bruin who is trying his best out there. Good goal that has kept the Bruins in the game.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:34 PM
  #196
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Well now Peverley is alone on the mountain of suck

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:35 PM
  #197
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Yes, because points is the single determining factor that determines a successful hockey player.

This is bordering fantastically close on a discussion of people who want to look solely at stats to determine a player's total worth.

Speaking of leading by example, I'd think amping up your team, then going out and scoring minutes later in game 2 of the Cup Finals seems like a pretty damn good example.

But that's just me. I'm feeling a hell of a lot better since that slouch Kelly scored the single Bruin goal that tied this game.

How dare he try to lead tonight by example.
Sorry, I shouldn't have used points to exemplify his piss poor play all year long. I should have simply stated "Kelly has been the worst Bruin all year, closely contested by Peverley."

The line was good today after moving Seguin there and won the game. One game does not make Kelly worth keeping, with his contract and NTC and typical play by Kelly this year. Good job by him and I hope he continues playing at least passably for the remainder of the playoffs!

edit: About the being vocal thing, if I misinterpreted Pierre and he was simply encouraging the other guys, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just sounded at the time like he was yelling at his teammates to pick up their play. To which, my response was look in the mirror first. That's all.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
  #198
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Sorry, I shouldn't have used points to exemplify his piss poor play all year long. I should have simply stated "Kelly has been the worst Bruin all year, closely contested by Peverley."

The line was good today after moving Seguin there and won the game. One game does not make Kelly worth keeping, with his contract and NTC and typical play by Kelly this year. Good job by him and I hope he continues playing at least passably for the remainder of the playoffs!

edit: About the being vocal thing, if I misinterpreted Pierre and he was simply encouraging the other guys, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just sounded at the time like he was yelling at his teammates to pick up their play. To which, my response was look in the mirror first. That's all.
On behalf of people who get the concept of team play, I graciously accept your humble redaction.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
  #199
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,490
vCash: 500
Real glad to see Kelly get the goal. Even though he's had a down year he's still played hard and busted his ass for the team. Good things happen when you keep plugging away.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
  #200
cat400
Registered User
 
cat400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
For all the dissing they are getting, Kelly and Pevs are are key reason that the PK has been invincible the last 6 games.

Kelly was huge tonight once Seguin joined his line.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.