Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kelly needs to show up (NOW) or ship out this summer

Old
06-15-2013, 07:41 AM
GoBs

vCash: 500
The good news is he can not be as bad as game 1.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
1 out of 2 ain't bad Aly, considering they tried to move that one during the season
Whaaa? Don't remember that being reported. Interesting.

With consideration for value add potential and remaining contract, I could see Peverley moved for a poor return, basically a salary dump.

For Kelly, perhaps the Bruins would need to eat $1.5mm of his remaining contract, but I could see a team viewing him as a useful player/mentor for $2.5mm per for another 3 years. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't force a stay using his NTC.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post

With consideration for value add potential and remaining contract, I could see Peverley moved for a poor return, basically a salary dump.

For Kelly, perhaps the Bruins would need to eat $1.5mm of his remaining contract, but I could see a team viewing him as a useful player/mentor for $2.5mm per for another 3 years. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't force a stay using his NTC.
I`m guessing there are probably tons of teams who attempt to move a player but aren`t able to and it`s not reported.

I can see Pevs being either moved, or bought out. Not sure where his game went, absolutely loved the versatility of his game and I really like him as a person, seems to be a genuinly good guy but his offensive game is gone, and it`s been that way since he took a knee to knee hit against the Habs last year....shocker they would have something to do with it

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m guessing there are probably tons of teams who attempt to move a player but aren`t able to and it`s not reported.

I can see Pevs being either moved, or bought out. Not sure where his game went, absolutely loved the versatility of his game and I really like him as a person, seems to be a genuinly good guy but his offensive game is gone, and it`s been that way since he took a knee to knee hit against the Habs last year....shocker they would have something to do with it
I don't think its over for Pevs. Good mix of speed, skill, and grit. He'll get it back, might need a change of scenery. Maybe a number two centerman in a rebuilding team? Point is, he should be movable.

Old
06-15-2013, 08:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I don't think its over for Pevs. Good mix of speed, skill, and grit. He'll get it back, might need a change of scenery. Maybe a number two centerman in a rebuilding team? Point is, he should be movable.
Yep, he`s moveable, if Scott Gomez contract was scooped up by the Habs a few years back..........anyone is moveable, his value however is at an all time low.

Always a compliance buyout as a final option

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sometimes a GM will contact other GM's and say "so and so is available". They get no offers. It doesn't always get out. Sometimes you hear it from another team. I do recall Chiarelli a few years ago saying that the Bruins were shopping someone, just cant remember who it was right now. But it's not often you hear a GM saying they are shopping one of their players.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Sometimes a GM will contact other GM's and say "so and so is available". They get no offers. It doesn't always get out. Sometimes you hear it from another team. I do recall Chiarelli a few years ago saying that the Bruins were shopping someone, just cant remember who it was right now. But it's not often you hear a GM saying they are shopping one of their players.
For sure. Probably less than 10% of even somewhat serious discussions leak.

Just thought it was interesting to know they shopped Pevs around.

Old
06-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Colt.45Orr

Remember when we were saying that Kelly was a glorified 4th liner?

Well, 'Line Killer' Kelly goes to the 4th line and it instantly goes from being the best 4th line in hockey to being a liability almost every shift.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Remember when we were saying that Kelly was a glorified 4th liner?

Well, 'Line Killer' Kelly goes to the 4th line and it instantly goes from being the best 4th line in hockey to being a liability almost every shift.
The guy is absolutely invisible. You can look at guys like Peverley and Seguin for a lack of production, but at least they can look decent out there at times. Kelly is as useless of a player as someone can be.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:34 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Claude needs to put Seguin up with Bergeron and with all these TV timeouts go with 3 lines

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:49 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

Still get rid of Kelly.

How is he calling out his teammates when he's been the Bruins' worst player just about all SEASON? Let alone playoffs (closely contested by Peverley).

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
The guy is absolutely invisible. You can look at guys like Peverley and Seguin for a lack of production, but at least they can look decent out there at times. Kelly is as useless of a player as someone can be.

And . . . Kelly scores the only goal of the game for the Bruins to tie the game in the second.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Claude needs to put Seguin up with Bergeron and with all these TV timeouts go with 3 lines
I'd like to see Seguin back with Bergeron and Marchand also. They need speed against Chicago.

Give Jagr a rest.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
neelynugs

attaboy, stonehands!! go to net, score goal. kelly has been good tonight. keep it up, 23.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

*snort*

Yeah, how dare he try and get his teammates pumped up, what with him wearing an A and all.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
*snort*

Yeah, how dare he try and get his teammates pumped up, what with him wearing an A and all.
Perhaps he should look in the mirror first of all.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Perhaps he should look in the mirror first of all.
Because the best leaders are always the flashiest, loudest, and most productive on a team?

No.

Dude's had a bad year, but for people to get on his case because he's trying to rally the team leads me to believe that some people don't understand one lick of what goes into being part of a team. Cut and dried.

His goal after all that whiny *****ing in here was just tasty icing on the cake.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

Quote:
Because the best leaders are always the flashiest, loudest, and most productive on a team?

No.

Dude's had a bad year, but for people to get on his case because he's trying to rally the team leads me to believe that some people don't understand one lick of what goes into being part of a team. Cut and dried.

His goal after all that whiny *****ing in here was just tasty icing on the cake.
The best leaders lead by example and with results. 1 point in something like 30 games isn't giving him a lot of credibility, especially playing with Peverely and Seguin most of that time.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
The best leaders lead by example and with results. 1 point in something like 30 games isn't giving him a lot of credibility, especially playing with Peverely and Seguin most of that time.
Yes, because points is the single determining factor that determines a successful hockey player.

This is bordering fantastically close on a discussion of people who want to look solely at stats to determine a player's total worth.

Speaking of leading by example, I'd think amping up your team, then going out and scoring minutes later in game 2 of the Cup Finals seems like a pretty damn good example.

But that's just me. I'm feeling a hell of a lot better since that slouch Kelly scored the single Bruin goal that tied this game.

How dare he try to lead tonight by example.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

No.

Post of the thread! You nailed it from start to finish.

Kelly is a hard working Bruin who is trying his best out there. Good goal that has kept the Bruins in the game.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Well now Peverley is alone on the mountain of suck

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:35 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

Quote:
Yes, because points is the single determining factor that determines a successful hockey player.

This is bordering fantastically close on a discussion of people who want to look solely at stats to determine a player's total worth.

Speaking of leading by example, I'd think amping up your team, then going out and scoring minutes later in game 2 of the Cup Finals seems like a pretty damn good example.

But that's just me. I'm feeling a hell of a lot better since that slouch Kelly scored the single Bruin goal that tied this game.

How dare he try to lead tonight by example.
Sorry, I shouldn't have used points to exemplify his piss poor play all year long. I should have simply stated "Kelly has been the worst Bruin all year, closely contested by Peverley."

The line was good today after moving Seguin there and won the game. One game does not make Kelly worth keeping, with his contract and NTC and typical play by Kelly this year. Good job by him and I hope he continues playing at least passably for the remainder of the playoffs!

edit: About the being vocal thing, if I misinterpreted Pierre and he was simply encouraging the other guys, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just sounded at the time like he was yelling at his teammates to pick up their play. To which, my response was look in the mirror first. That's all.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Sorry, I shouldn't have used points to exemplify his piss poor play all year long. I should have simply stated "Kelly has been the worst Bruin all year, closely contested by Peverley."

The line was good today after moving Seguin there and won the game. One game does not make Kelly worth keeping, with his contract and NTC and typical play by Kelly this year. Good job by him and I hope he continues playing at least passably for the remainder of the playoffs!

edit: About the being vocal thing, if I misinterpreted Pierre and he was simply encouraging the other guys, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just sounded at the time like he was yelling at his teammates to pick up their play. To which, my response was look in the mirror first. That's all.
On behalf of people who get the concept of team play, I graciously accept your humble redaction.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
missingchicklet

Real glad to see Kelly get the goal. Even though he's had a down year he's still played hard and busted his ass for the team. Good things happen when you keep plugging away.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
cat400

For all the dissing they are getting, Kelly and Pevs are are key reason that the PK has been invincible the last 6 games.

Kelly was huge tonight once Seguin joined his line.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote