HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #12

View Poll Results: #12
Lampman 5 10.00%
Taylor 1 2.00%
Pock 12 24.00%
Callahan 2 4.00%
Dubinsky 3 6.00%
Graham 16 32.00%
Murray 1 2.00%
Moore 1 2.00%
Giroux 4 8.00%
Wiseman 0 0%
Liffiton 2 4.00%
Olver 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll - #12

#1 Prospect - Hendrik Lundqvist (G) - Currently playing in the WC
#2 Prospect - Fedor Tyutin (D)
#3 Prospect - Al Montoya (G)
#4 Prospect - Hugh Jessiman (RW)
#5 Prospect - Jarkko Immonen (C)
#6 Prospect - Lauri Korpikoski (LW)
#7 Prospect - Maxim Kondratiev (D)
#8 Prospect - Jozef Balej (RW)
#9 Prospect - Nigel Dawes (LW)
#10 Prospect - Ivan Baranka (D)
#11 Prospect - Petr Prucha (C)
----
Added: Garth Murray

My vote this round goes to Pock

Old
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Barnaby

Darin Olver. One of our few prospects with top 6 potential. He just missed being picked in the 1st round as well, if he had been picked we'd have put him in 5 spots ago :-)

Old
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Third round in a row I'm voting for Graham.

Old
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Darin Olver. One of our few prospects with top 6 potential. He just missed being picked in the 1st round as well, if he had been picked we'd have put him in 5 spots ago :-)
this still makes me laugh...when he was picked, people were absolutely LIVID because no one knew who the hell he was and thought the rangers were crazy...fast forward almost a year and now i see people praising him and the pick

not necessarily talking about you barnaby, I have no idea what your opinion on him was when he was picked, it just makes me laugh to remember how upset people were when Olver was picked

Old
05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I went for Pck, as you might guess. Graham and Olver were possibilities as well.

I remember my first reaction when Olver was selected was "who?" I still don't know much about the guy, or I feel like I don't because most of what I have read has come from the Rangers' or Northern Mich's websites, plus I know so little about college hockey in general. I've never gotten to see a game on tv or even highlights of his.

Old
05-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Fletch

Went with Taylor...

mostly because I like boring. The list is goalies, forwards with offensive potential, and good skating, not very big defenseman. Taylor's the most boring guy out there. Big, less than 10 points potential. Boring.

Pock to me is a guy you can get any day of the week. Wasn't as impressed as everybody else with his defensive skills. Didn't do much in the AHL with his offensive skills. Isn't too old, but isn't particularly young. I dunno..I think a lot of guys can be like Pock.

Old
05-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Onion Boy

Voted for Pock...again. Get Murray off that list, lol!

For the third time add Billy Ryan!

Old
05-12-2005, 03:04 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Voted for Pock...again. Get Murray off that list, lol!

For the third time add Billy Ryan!
Lol, i didnt want to add him but someone requested....Ryan is next.

Old
05-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Taz

I voted Giroux but i think he should be next in the list after Pock

Olver is no where near ready for NHL isnt that great at scoring and has poor size, where as i feel Giroux can make the rangers he was top scorer for Hartford has better size and good offensive potential or 3rd line.

Old
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Levitate

Quote:
mostly because I like boring. The list is goalies, forwards with offensive potential, and good skating, not very big defenseman. Taylor's the most boring guy out there. Big, less than 10 points potential. Boring.
you know...what do you think of a comparison between nate guenin and taylor? i mean guenin isn't even on this list yet...is taylor that much "better" because he opted out of college to play in the AHL? I've seen a lot of people say they like guenin better...I haven't really seen him play myself so i don't know, but he has a reputation as a nasty tough defenseman with decent skills all around.

i guess what i'm getting at is do people really think taylor is a better prospect than a guy like guenin? I like taylor but i'm not sure he belongs on this list that far ahead of some of the rangers other D prospects

Quote:
Olver is no where near ready for NHL isnt that great at scoring and has poor size, where as i feel Giroux can make the rangers he was top scorer for Hartford has better size and good offensive potential or 3rd line.
Olver has skills...and yeah he's more of a playmaker apparently but i also got from people who watched him this year and last that he was rather snakebitten this year. he's also not THAT small if he just puts on weight...in fact he seems similar to giroux in that regard...giroux is 6'3 but skinny, olver is like 6'0 and skinny. both of them could stand to put on some weight, but if they can still be effective...

but at this point giroux is the better prospect IMO...he's just older and has done more at a higher level...Olver might possibly have a higher upside but who knows yet

Old
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Graham has as much ability as any of these guys. Far more potential than Giroux. He's got better size too. I feel he's not getting enough discussion.

Then again, right now he's only one behind here.

Old
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
BigE

Graham because of his size and the potential that he's showing in using it.

Old
05-12-2005, 06:06 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Im kinda surprised Dubinsky isnt picking up anymore votes, hes seems to be developing pretty good, hes got offensive skills and this year I heard he really improved on his defensive game.

Old
05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
this still makes me laugh...when he was picked, people were absolutely LIVID because no one knew who the hell he was and thought the rangers were crazy...fast forward almost a year and now i see people praising him and the pick

not necessarily talking about you barnaby, I have no idea what your opinion on him was when he was picked, it just makes me laugh to remember how upset people were when Olver was picked
I was indifferent. I didn't know much at all about him. I was livid about Dane Byers though. I also don't see too many people praising him... it's time for the 12th best prospect, and he has one vote.

Old
05-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Fletch

Totally forgot about Olver...

didn't realize he led his team in points. Didn't realize he scored a goal and an assist in a win over Montoya. Like the numbers he put up (down in goals, but up markedly in assists). Haven't seen him play though and initially he looks to be a bit light (165 lbs (6')).

Old
05-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Levitate

i think olver is up to 170 now...that's what he's listed at on uscho at any rate, and i seem to remember an interview where he said he knows he has to get bigger, so i'm sure he's trying

as for byers...yeah it is kind of a weird pick but at least he kind of seems like a good agitator who adds in points

Old
05-12-2005, 09:28 PM
bmoak

Voted Lampman. Meant to vote Graham. Add Hollweg.

Old
05-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Voted for Graham, I think he has the most potential out of the guys listed.

Old
05-12-2005, 09:42 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate

LOL! I remember Prucha73 almost blew a gasket on draft day. He hated ALL of the first and second round picks. Don't forget the nepotism accusations as regards to Olver.

Olver: Not too upset. Despite his low CSS ranking, other teams were looking at him for the 2nd round. Current size is a concern, although he's quick and shifty. Should have more goals with his hands, and does most of his scoring vs. weaker teams. Had a sweet goal vs. Michigan.

Byers: Not too upset since we got the player I wanted with the next pick anyway (Graham). Also, he's a safe pick compared to our other 2nd rounders. Despite the lack of scoring, Dane had a very high CSS ranking. I believe Bruce Graham was the only higher rated NA skater on the board when the Rangers picked Byers.

Old
05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
LOL! I remember Prucha73 almost blew a gasket on draft day. He hated ALL of the first and second round picks. Don't forget the nepotism accusations as regards to Olver.

Olver: Not too upset. Despite his low CSS ranking, other teams were looking at him for the 2nd round. Current size is a concern, although he's quick and shifty. Should have more goals with his hands, and does most of his scoring vs. weaker teams. Had a sweet goal vs. Michigan.

Byers: Not too upset since we got the player I wanted with the next pick anyway (Graham). Also, he's a safe pick compared to our other 2nd rounders. Despite the lack of scoring, Dane had a very high CSS ranking. I believe Bruce Graham was the only higher rated NA skater on the board when the Rangers picked Byers.
Ah Prucha73..memories....though he left soon after i came so i dont remember him that much.

Old
05-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Levitate

he's been back at least once...probably got banned again for something

Old
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Fletch

He did only score 9 goals though...

bmoak, but more than made up for it in the assist column, and was the leading scorer on a pretty good team. He did rack up assists against teams like Alaska-Fairbanks (7 assists, getting a point in 5 games), MSU (2 assists in one game), U of M (a goal and an assist in one game), Lake Superior (4 assists, scoring in 2 games), Ferris State (2 goals and an assist, scoring in two games) and 2 assists in a game against Bowling Green. Many of those games were wins, and Olver seemed to have scored in many games, as opposed to racking up the points in few games.

Again, I've never seen him play, so I put that caveat out there, and honestly, I've totally forgotten about him.

Old
05-13-2005, 08:50 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Voted for Pock...again. For the third time add Billy Ryan!
yes and yes ... same here.

Closed Thread