Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-05-2013, 01:03 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushinsky4tsar View Post
I don't mind Crowd Chant but would be open to something new.

It's our organ / organist where I feel the game presentation could use a real upgrade.

I also prefer goal horns that have a deeper bellow than the one we're using.
The organist has been gone for a couple years now. He was so bad at playing the organ, they switched to recorded organ stuff and nobody hardly noticed.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 01:13 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Yeah, but the Wild have a unique cut of the song that no other team has, as Joe Satriani cut the Wild's version specifically for them. Every other team cut their own from the song themselves.
Bingo. Besides, just because everyone else is playing doesn't mean we should stop doing it. I doubt the team that first played Rock'n Roll Pt. 2 stopped playing it even though every team in the free world started using it. It's taken a while, but the crowd has gotten to know Crowd Chant. Maybe it was just my section, but it wasn't pretty early on when people didn't know how to join in with it.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Keeptdos

vCash: 140
Just keep the current one, all the others are copycats.

Keeptdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 03:51 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Bingo. Besides, just because everyone else is playing doesn't mean we should stop doing it. I doubt the team that first played Rock'n Roll Pt. 2 stopped playing it even though every team in the free world started using it. It's taken a while, but the crowd has gotten to know Crowd Chant. Maybe it was just my section, but it wasn't pretty early on when people didn't know how to join in with it.
I remember Falness talking about the Wild's Crowd Chant cut on the radio, saying that quite a few other teams came asking how the Wild got the exact cut they use, as the other team's tried but couldn't get it the same... then the Wild spilled the beans to them saying they got their unique cut direct from the source.

The teams that tried to copy didn't know the lengths the Wild went to get a unique goal song. So much so, that when copied it doesn't come out nearly with the same flow. Thus why most of those who tried to copy have moved on to other things.

And yes BTW - I notice people getting into the Crowd Chant a lot more than when it was introduced. The crowd knows it a lot better these days.

Old
09-05-2013, 05:33 AM
651*

vCash: 500
The problem we have is we don't have enough great local acts, or acts that support the team themselves. We have two of the greatest musicians in the history of modern music in Bob D and Prince, though. You'd be damn hard pressed to find a Bob D song that could be a NHL goal song though.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
What they need to do is find a way to break the crowd out of its Minnesota Nice hypnotic trance and turn them into a rabid bunch of fans who ride the opposition into intimidation and add extra voltage to the Wild.
Fans screaming and yelling like I do seems to get some going, even singing the anthem too, instead of standing like mindless drones while most ***** at the guy who still has his hat on in the seats on the glass.

The problem is you can't really build a community or fan group and you have to look over your shoulder for the over sensitive "OMGZ I HEARD A SWEAR WORD AT A SPORTING EVENT" crowd.

Even during Game 4 last year, while it was awesome, I could imagine it being a lot better, it's modern hockey, modern fans, and the pricing out of those who make the game better.

Event sports. I can't see it changing unless there is some major fan movement, and I don't see that happening at this level, where 1/4 of a season ticket package is costing you over a grand.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I guess I'm old school in the fact that I could do without all the piped in music, lasers, and smoke and just go with an organ....period.

I don't like the assumption that fans need to be "entertained" every second they are in the arena with crap hair metal, and told when to be loud and "make noise." I think we could figure it out.

I like watching English and most European soccer because the fans make their own entertainment w/o all the piped in music and phony arena management shenanigans that pass for ambiance. That and no commercial breaks.

And we wonder why crowds at Wild games are so quiet: maybe folks have forgotten how to shout.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

I don't like the assumption that fans need to be "entertained" every second they are in the arena with crap hair metal, and told when to be loud and "make noise." I think we could figure it out.

I like watching English and most European soccer because the fans make their own entertainment w/o all the piped in music and phony arena management shenanigans that pass for ambiance. That and no commercial breaks.

And we wonder why crowds at Wild games are so quiet: maybe folks have forgotten how to shout.
Plenty of stadiums have gone over there with piped in crowd sounds and chants -- Man Citeh being one of them in the last 5-6 years.

That's a cultural thing though, but even then, most major teams in England are completely dead unless you go to mainland Europe and places like Croatia, Poland, Italy, Greece (in some areas) etc.

I think people have been reprimanded to shout, in favor for the casual "family friendly" fan, who goes for the experience and not the sport --- it's all the stuff Cuban has lined out when he brought a lot of this to the fore with the Dallas Mavericks.

"You don't remember the games, you remember the experience and who you went with" being the thinking. No, I remember being there for Parise's first goal as a member of the Wild, a Koivu OT winner, two suspended hits, Harding's amazing shutout after his offseason story. I remember my friends too, but the "experience" isn't why I go. I go for hockey.

Old
09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

Best part about European football. The NFL could learn a thing or two from them.

Old
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Love our current horn/song combo, no reason to change it, though I did like it when they played Levels a couple years ago whenever we won the game.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Dee Oh Cee

The Wild typically play really good music though. The music they play at Twolves game is horrible. Just an opinion thing obviously but I think the Wild do a great job with the music they play.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
The Wild typically play really good music though. The music they play at Twolves game is horrible. Just an opinion thing obviously but I think the Wild do a great job with the music they play.
Exactly. I'd like more Dead Kennedys, Bosstones, Replacements, Minutemen, Deltron 3000, Offspring, Pogues, Rancid, Tossers, Leo Kottke, Frank Black, Rage Against the Machine, Biggie, etc. (I've heard some of these in other arenas).

Music is a taste one develops, and unfortunately, it often becomes exclusive of other genres, most of which are front-center at Wild games for me.

The old dude on the organ is something every one can enjoy.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
As much as I dislike everything else about the organization, I think Vancouver's music guy has the best taste. Heard Queens of the Stone Age, The Black Keys, Clutch, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against The Machine, Down, Pantera, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Black Sabbath all in one game. I enjoyed it so much I remembered all that.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:47 PM
651*

Geeze, that woulda been a dream gig for me - to MC the Wild games. I have the most eclectic musical taste in the world and just would have loved it. Never thought of that gig.

Old
09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Karl

Time for an update but the Wild wont change it.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:25 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
Geeze, that woulda been a dream gig for me - to MC the Wild games. I have the most eclectic musical taste in the world and just would have loved it. Never thought of that gig.
I've thought of that gig loads of times.

Unfortunately it's not exactly an easy one to land.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Do they play too much of the hippity-hoppity music?

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Top 40 stuff yeah. Always play Gwen Stefani's yooo hooo song and that probably explains my hatred.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Best part about European football. The NFL could learn a thing or two from them.
They have laws against so much advertising --- when my friends watch NFL in the UK, they actually throw it to people in a booth or a commentary room when we have commercials.

I wish that no-blackout rule for public stadiums that McCain tried to put out was passed, and I wish they did something about ads, which are getting bloody ridiculous.

Quote:
I will say though, if you go a ton of times especially in clumps, it's most of the same stuff on repeat.

I went to...15? games last year, and the warm up was the exact same for about 10 of them and midseason, or the last third they switched it up a bit.

Still, beats the hell out of stuff I had to listen to at ECHL games....Katy Perry? Nice to look at, don't want to hear her sing.

Old
09-06-2013, 01:45 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

The players choose the music lineup for warmups actually.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:56 AM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
They have laws against so much advertising --- when my friends watch NFL in the UK, they actually throw it to people in a booth or a commentary room when we have commercials.
It's just too much. I refuse to be a part of it. That's why the only team I will (generally) watch are the Vikes outside of maybe a MNG when I am at work or something. Euro football is awesome because you can sit down and have a few and enjoy the game. Only hockey is comparable in my book.

Old
09-06-2013, 07:56 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
I figure that this might be the best song for us, because nobody knows what our mascot is. Might as well be a Fox.

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

What in the **** did I just watch..

Lapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
The players choose the music lineup for warmups actually.
Probably why it's better than a lot of what is played at other sporting events.

It's just like they gave them a playlist though and they did the same thing for 2 months. Then gave them another playlist and switched it for the 2nd half.

With a "full" season this year and my games much more spread out, I'm sure it won't feel that way, although I'm overloaded in Sept/Oct I'm going to five games in that time span.

Quote:
It's just too much. I refuse to be a part of it. That's why the only team I will (generally) watch are the Vikes outside of maybe a MNG when I am at work or something. Euro football is awesome because you can sit down and have a few and enjoy the game. Only hockey is comparable in my book.
Baseball is the worst, at least football finishes in a decent amount of time, but they all complain about baseball, and hey, if you didn't have 6,000 pitching changes and go to ads between every half inning and change then maybe it might move a "wee" bit faster.

In fact anything where there is a "TV time out" should be banned IMO. It's a joke.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Give me a few beers and I'll happily chant that fox song after the Wild score.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote