HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Stealth RS review?

Old
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Easton Stealth RS review?

Curious if anyone has anything to say about this stick. I've been using s16 for a few years now and love it but it's getting time to replace it and been trying to find a good replacement. Have heard good things about this stick.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:12 PM
AIREAYE

Great 'low' kick and quick release that I like to describe as 'smooth'. Puck feel is manageable, but not spectacularly responsive. I personally really like the straighter side walls. Between all of the Bauer top-ends, Reebok and CCM offerings, I had the best shots with the RS and RS2. The RS2 has a more durable blade than the RS however. Great sticks with proven technology.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
jordanking87

Been looking at these...on clearance at monkey for 150...might have to try one. the graphics and matte color scheme look sick too

jordanking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 08:22 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Good stick, but breaks super easy. Blade is basically cardboard.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
jordanking87

am i wrong or does it seem like every stick ALWAYS gets a review commenting on how the blade breaks or is the issue with a stick? no offense on the posts about it, im just seeing a trend here. kinda seems irrelevant after a while...'its hockey, sticks break' whether its in a week or 12 months i get is the main concern with the comment...but arent there just too many variables in a person's playing style/technique that it becomes an irrelevant judgement to make on a stick?

jordanking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:00 PM
str8shooter
Rookie User

The initial RS had serious blade issues, which is why the RS II came out so quickly after. Loyal Easton stick guy I play with at pick up went through about a half dozen of them in a few weeks. One had a heel crack after a single usage, and I saw him break another on a routine snap shot. It was wild. However, I think the RSII is far better about that.

str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:55 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanking87 View Post
am i wrong or does it seem like every stick ALWAYS gets a review commenting on how the blade breaks or is the issue with a stick? no offense on the posts about it, im just seeing a trend here. kinda seems irrelevant after a while...'its hockey, sticks break' whether its in a week or 12 months i get is the main concern with the comment...but arent there just too many variables in a person's playing style/technique that it becomes an irrelevant judgement to make on a stick?
I agree 100% and it's unfortunate because people could miss out on a seriously good product due to the experiences of a few. Sticks break, people who normally break sticks will continue to do so while those that never or rarely do should have the same luck.

However as str8shooter mentioned, the first gen RS did have some blade durability issues, which was rectified by a tweaked blade design in the RSII, which has since had no notable issues and is an excellent stick. However, again, if you are not one who normally breaks sticks, you should have no problem in the long run with the 1st RS. If anything happens within 30 days of warranty, then go for it.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well I think you have to take the player into account. So when I do a review, I note that I rarely break or beat up on sticks. Usually they will last me about a year.

Now, twice I have broken blades in the first game, once it got caught in a gap in the boards, once it cracked at the heel. I think the former was bad luck and the latter just a bad stick. I wouldn't review something I only used once.

But I'd like to get the reviews going, lots of people participating, and see where it goes. With enough data, usually you can see a bit of a trend and weed out the outliers.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
izzy3

I had a 65 flex, and the blade broke only because i scrapped the asphalt with it accidentaly when practicing one timers on a too narrow shot pad. My stick held up 8 months despite the damage, including a camp and 2-3 icetimes a week.

Best stick i ever used. The ccms shoot better but the Rs is awesome on receiving passes and release speed. I beat goalies way above my level with it.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote