HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Goalie Skate Replacement Blades

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Superman33

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Goalie Skate Replacement Blades

I have had my skates for alittle over 3 years now and I play almost all the time (4-5 times a week during season and 1-2 in the off) and was thinking I should get some new blades for my skates. I know you can get replacement blades for regular skates but I have never heard of getting them for goalie skates. Can you use any regular blade in the goalie skates? After searching the internet I found these blades called "overdrive" that is a wider blade and stays on the ice longer when you move for more push. Does anyone have any opinons on them or any other suggestions?

Old
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Anthony*

vCash: 500
uh

overdrives arent what youre thinking of

overdrives mount right under the base of your big toe on the cowling

they help for recoveries and prevent slip-outs. theyre also illegal in the nhl/ahl

now for new 'blades', you should just get new cowlings which can be bought at most hockey stores

Closed Thread