HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Draft Thread Part 2: Bark to the Future

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 10:14 AM
PFL615

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
Because Mackinnon is Canadian..I really really really really hope we end up with Barkov! Only 20 more days to go!!
Ding ding ding!!

Old
06-10-2013, 11:31 AM
RCola88

vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
#4 + Wilson is a good starting point for a package for Malkin I think. Add 1 more nice piece and I think you have as good a deal as anyone else would offer.

I doubt Pittsburgh will move him though.
That still is not good enough. Think about it you are trading for player just as talented as Crosby. The Preds have nothing that will make Pittsburgh even think about sending him here. Weber and Rinne are out of the question. The only possible way we could get him is if we do Wilson, Barkov, Josi, and Ellis with a top draft pick.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
RCola88

vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
If Nashville stands a chance at Malkin it will be unsigned and hope we can sign him long term. Ellis + 2014 1st is a good start.
That isn't even a start. You are underestimating how much it will take to get Malkin unsigned. Not to mention Ellis' value is plummeting.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Talking with BFC earlier today on twitter ... we were discussing a mock he put together with regard to needs ... COL - MacKinnon, FLA - Jones, TBL - Nichushkin ... We could trade down with Calgary and still get one of Barkov or Drouin & possibly pick up either their 22nd or 29th pick as well

Old
06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Aleksander Barkov-Tappara:

Excellent two-way plays an incredibly mature and advanced game. Shows tremendous hockey sense and awareness in all three zones and impacts every aspect of the game. Sees the ice exceptionally well and makes imaginative touch passes through traffic off both sides of the blade to set up good scoring opportunities. Has all the physical tools to be a great one, plus an innate feel for different game situations. While his hands, hockey sense, and skills are what drawn most of the attention, he's also fairly rugged in scrums and has a great frame to fill out (could be a monster in two years). Already excels playing against men (highest scoring 17-year old in SM-Liiga's history with 48 pts in 53 games). Has a sharp wrister and is a good finisher around the net. Suffered season ending shoulder injury during playoffs that required surgery. Strong competitor never takes a day off.

Projection: Elite top line center
Style Compares To: Ryan Getzlaf

Old
06-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post

Excellent two-way plays an incredibly mature and advanced game. Shows tremendous hockey sense and awareness in all three zones and impacts every aspect of the game. Sees the ice exceptionally well and makes imaginative touch passes through traffic off both sides of the blade to set up good scoring opportunities. Has all the physical tools to be a great one, plus an innate feel for different game situations. While his hands, hockey sense, and skills are what drawn most of the attention, he's also fairly rugged in scrums and has a great frame to fill out (could be a monster in two years). Already excels playing against men (highest scoring 17-year old in SM-Liiga's history with 48 pts in 53 games). Has a sharp wrister and is a good finisher around the net. Suffered season ending shoulder injury during playoffs that required surgery. Strong competitor never takes a day off.

On the positive side he would be the one player on this team that could pass the puck.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

*screams in excitement*

We picked the right year to suck

Old
06-10-2013, 12:36 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
*screams in excitement*

We picked the right year to suck
I will second that!!

Can't wait!!

Just curious if we can see the write up for Mack, drouin and nich if possible??

Thanks Atlanta whaler in advance!

Old
06-10-2013, 12:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Thanks Atlanta whaler in advance!
No problem. Mac, Nich, and Drouin coming up. Let me know if you're curious about others. I'll do what I can. I also try to summarize the picks on draft day.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
maplepred

Quote:
No problem. Mac, Nich, and Drouin coming up. Let me know if you're curious about others. I'll do what I can. I also try to summarize the picks on draft day.
That's awesome! Thank you so much!

Old
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Top 6 Spaling

No rush at all, but I'm curious about what they have to say on Lindholm, Monahan and Lazar. You can just do comparables if you want.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:57 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
No rush at all, but I'm curious about what they have to say on Lindholm, Monahan and Lazar. You can just do comparables if you want.
Good call...I'll give the list of comps first and let me know who needs to be expanded on:

Seth Jones:

Projection: #1 franchise cornerstone defenseman
Style Compares To: Chris Pronger

Mac:

Projection: Elite Goal Scorer
Style Compares To: John Tavares

Drouin:

Projection: Championship Calibre Top Liner
Style Compares To: Patrick Kane/Denis Savard

Nichushkin:

Projection: 1st Line Scorer for Championship Contender
Style Compares To: Marian Hossa

Monahan (#6):

Projection: Playmaking, Two way First Line Center
Style Compares To: Ron Francis/Joe Thornton

Lindholm (#7):

Projection: Stong First Line Center
Style Compares To: Michael Peca

Lazar (#22):

Projection: Two way 2nd line Pivot on a Good Club
Style Compares To: Ryan O'Reilly

Old
06-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Wow, they like Lazar quite a bit more than most. From what I've heard he's not as good offensively as ROR.

Interesting to see Monaham compared to Thornton instead of Barkov.

Old
06-10-2013, 02:06 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Good call...I'll give the list of comps first and let me know who needs to be expanded on:

Seth Jones:

Projection: #1 franchise cornerstone defenseman
Style Compares To: Chris Pronger

Mac:

Projection: Elite Goal Scorer
Style Compares To: John Tavares

Drouin:

Projection: Championship Calibre Top Liner
Style Compares To: Patrick Kane/Denis Savard

Nichushkin:

Projection: 1st Line Scorer for Championship Contender
Style Compares To: Marian Hossa

Monahan (#6):

Projection: Playmaking, Two way First Line Center
Style Compares To: Ron Francis/Joe Thornton

Lindholm (#7):

Projection: Stong First Line Center
Style Compares To: Michael Peca

Lazar (#22):

Projection: Two way 2nd line Pivot on a Good Club
Style Compares To: Ryan O'Reilly
I stopped reading after they compared Seth Jones to Chris Pronger.

Old
06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
I stopped reading after they compared Seth Jones to Chris Pronger.
Then you REALLY won't like who he compares Nurse to. Hint: rumors are he'll be offer sheeted (verb?) by the Flyers this offseason.

Old
06-10-2013, 03:26 PM
brian70

If TB picks Nichushkin, who do you think your pick will be? Drouin or still Barkov?

Old
06-10-2013, 03:34 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
If TB picks Nichushkin, who do you think your pick will be? Drouin or still Barkov?
That's tough to say. I know they love Barkov, but the pure offense of Drouin may be hard to pass up.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Fin9*

If Predators do draft Barkov is he expected to center the 2 or 3 line already next year? how do your line-up is going to look next season(if Barkov is drafted) thanks.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
If Predators do draft Barkov is he expected to center the 2 or 3 line already next year? how do your line-up is going to look next season(if Barkov is drafted) thanks.
I think he's going to get 3rd line minutes against other teams weaker lines to start the season & see how it goes from there

Old
06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I heard that Barkov will play in Finland another year.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Where? Lindholm is staying in Sweden another year, but almost everything I've seen said that Barkov is a virtual lock to play in the NHL next year.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
You read a rumor. The rumor is from this hockey's future article: video-2013-nhl-combine-aleksander-barkov-finland

And the quote is this: "But those anticipating Barkov's rapid arrival to the NHL may have to wait until 2014-15 as the young center has signed a contract extension with Tappara for the 2013-14 season."

This is wrong and everybody in the business know it. First thing that is wrong in that article is that Barkov has signed a three years extension so he is signed till 2015 by Tappara. Secondly Barkov playing the 2013-14 or 2014-15 in Tappara is true only if the team that drafts Barkov wants him to play in Tappara. And that is due to a player trade agreement between NHL and SM-liiga. So by that agreement every FEL contract has an NHL clause.

IF Nashville wants Barkov to play in Finland, it can loan Barkov there. Some teams do that to their prospects. But Nashville can sign Barkov and play him in AHL/NHL/ECHL/local area street hockey/you name it but of course the best options are NHL or FEL as AHL should only be used as a quick stepping stone for the truly elite prospects. Or Nashville can choose not to sign Barkov yet and he will continue playing for Tappara.

Last edited by Hagged: 06-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old
06-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Where? Lindholm is staying in Sweden another year, but almost everything I've seen said that Barkov is a virtual lock to play in the NHL next year.
There has also been rumors about Elitserien still having a trade agreement with NHL. At least it used to have same kind of agreement as SM-liiga with the NHL but the swedish posters on the prospect board might know the details better.

Old
06-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Thank you for clearing that up Henkine. That's a relief.

Old
06-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Hagged

So by this article (about Antti Raanta transfer fee by Blackhawks and Joel Armia by Buffalo Sabres) the team that signs a player signed in FEL has to pay $200 000 transfer fee to players former team (the team or teams that have developed the player within the last three seasons before the NHL contract, 40% of the fee goes to the team that had the player signed for the last season, 30% for the team that had the player rights the season before, 30% for the team three seasons ago). I believe that that fee doesn't count in any way against the cap.

That article says Buffalo Sabres has already paid the transfer fee to Ässät Pori even though they loaned Joel Armia to play there another season so that a player is loaned back to FEL has happened very recently.

EDIT: Sorry, the article is in Finnish and google translate is not the way to translate finnish but you can try it http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/Kiekko...van+potin.html

Last edited by Hagged: 06-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Closed Thread