HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks fall in OT to Wild 3-2 ,, Series 2-1 Hawks

Old
05-05-2013, 08:14 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Blow it up!

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Recoil

I didn't think we would sweep either, so not worried. We took the Wild to OT in a game we had no business winning. Crawford kept us in it, and both of their first two goals were inches away from being complete misses.

That said, the rest of the team just wasn't there. We got out hit, out hustled, and just looked like we weren't on the same page. Constant pucks getting by our blue-liners, bad passing, and really passive/tentative play. Can't win in the playoffs with that lack of intensity.

Hopefully they come out Tuesday and play as hard as the Wild did tonight.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:35 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Hawks really had no business in that game. Crow was pretty much the only one not coasting. Bound to let in a stinker, and they still almost won it. Bet they win the next too and move on relatively easily.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

lmao this thread

If anyone deserves any flak its Seabrook who was absolutely terrible. And even then the Hawks played like total garbage and still took the Wild to OT. Meh.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
massey1984

The sky isn't falling, but they haven't played like champions yet. The Hawks havenít brought their A game as a team yet. They have had a few players look solid in individual games, but as a whole they havenít played great yet. The previous two were decent efforts. Today was embarrassing. They cannot win every game, but they have no excuse for looking uninterested for at least 2/3 of the game like they did today.

They need to get their core guys sans Kane going. It is about time to change up the lines. They need to spread the talent around and switch up the lines because they look stale. It also makes it even tougher for Yeo to do match-ups. Also, sit Bollig. No need for him against Minnesota. Dress Mayers or Ben Smith.

For Example
Sharp-Toews-Frolik
Bickell-Shaw-Kane
Stalberg-Handzus-Hossa
Saad- Kruger-Smith

Without Crawford the Hawks would be losing this series. He gets an obvious pass when he has made a dozen plus key saves.

massey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Frolik should be nowhere near the first line, and Saad should definitely not be on the fourth.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
mosluggo

Seabrook easily stood out as the worst player, and almost everyone played horrible.

mosluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
McDooRoo

Either some people don't know **** about hockey or they're dumb as ****. Crow played awesome all game. He did what he was supposed to do on the OT goal and it was a slick shot that went in.

The entire team **** to bed tonight other than Crow and Kaner. We win it in 5.

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:34 PM
giza

First Round

The Hawks have won tight games all year long. They didn't blow out many opponents. Did anyone really think they were going to sweep a good Minnesota team? Today, Minnesota amped up the desperation and the Hawks didn't match it. They better have learned from this game because you don't want it to come down to a 3 game series. Time for Captain Serious to do what he's always done----lead his team by his efforts and put an apple in the Wild's mouth. Hawks will win game 4.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Tayvaan

Seabrook was bad and the Toews line was not good for most of the game. On the bright side Crawford continues to play well, if he holds up I'm confident the rest will fall in place.

Except the PP, that ship has sailed I think

Tayvaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 04:19 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

WAY to much on the perimeter, few people going to the net...needs to change in game 4. Also, too many Wild getting inside position on our D.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:14 AM
madgoat33

main board is hilarious. "seeee that's how to beat the hawks, with physicality. I'm thinking its now a 60-40 toss up favoring the wild" seems to be the general consensus.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
main board is hilarious. "seeee that's how to beat the hawks, with physicality. I'm thinking its now a 60-40 toss up favoring the wild" seems to be the general consensus.
Well they are the first team to come up with the idea of shutting Kane down by being physical.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Is it entirely fair? No, I guess it's not. There are a lot of knowledgeable people, that love the game, that didn't play at a high level. But, sometimes you get guys like Ralphy and it gets too annoying. I'm not trying to say that because I played at a high level, I know more than anyone, but Crawford did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play and I've played enough, and with enough goaltenders, to know that's how 99% of them would play that situation.
No, 99% would not have leaned forward when they tracked the puck. It only opens the top of the net. Chest up, square to the shooter unless hockey is taught differently where you played.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:29 AM
hockeydoug

Q has plenty of adjustments he can make still, he didn't really mess with anything other than a few shifts here or there so far.
Minnesota really wanted to win, gave the Hawks some different looks and Chicago was too slow adjusting to it. I think we'll start to see Quenneville being more mindful of playing to matchups game 4. Could make things much more difficult for the Wild.

If Chicago makes that many mistakes again, I don't care who was in net, it will go badly. Overall, I was happy with Crawford. Great to see Kane playing like he is.

I give the Wild credit and they wanted to win that game more than Chicago based on how hard they played. I'll get uncomfortable if Q doesn't fix some things for game 4.

The PP is really starting to bother me more than normal, that first one was terrible. PK continues to get results though.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:44 AM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Q has plenty of adjustments he can make still, he didn't really mess with anything other than a few shifts here or there so far.
Minnesota really wanted to win, gave the Hawks some different looks and Chicago was too slow adjusting to it. I think we'll start to see Quenneville being more mindful of playing to matchups game 4. Could make things much more difficult for the Wild.

If Chicago makes that many mistakes again, I don't care who was in net, it will go badly. Overall, I was happy with Crawford. Great to see Kane playing like he is.

I give the Wild credit and they wanted to win that game more than Chicago based on how hard they played. I'll get uncomfortable if Q doesn't fix some things for game 4.

The PP is really starting to bother me more than normal, that first one was terrible. PK continues to get results though.
This is what is also bothersome to me for future rounds assuming we advance. The defense and Minnesota missing a player are really keeping them from scoring more goals, so it hasn't hurt us so far in this series. I don't anticipate it really will, but going forward, I can definitely see this being a problem against goaltenders like Niemi, Elliot and Quick. Obviously the PP wasn't that great in the regular season either.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:46 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Only on this board will you find people saying Crawford played that winning goal properly…. And his rebound control is atrocious.

As for the game: One CBC commentator had it right on, and all 5 panellists including 2 ex-NHLers agreed that Hawks play a, and I paraphrase:

“Hawks play a lazy defensive game at times. You get that feeling that in the backs of their minds, they feel that they will score 4 or 5 goals each night. However, that doesn’t work in OT”.
Right on! And the urgency was only apparent when they trailed late in the 3rd period. It may work for them in this series, but the sooner this team learns that you can’t just turn it off and on at will, the better.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we had no business to win the game. They wanted the W more, they were more desperate to get the W and they worked much harder for it.

Craw was good and is not to blame for that OT goal.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

think that our team floated around too much and this will wake them up.

I hope the Wild try to be physical again. If they are only physical they will create chances FOR the hawks. They will end up being out of position and the Hawks know how to take advantage out of this.
Speed killed the Hawks yesterday in the end. When your speed line was on the ice, the Hawks always had some troubles

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:53 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I hope the Wild try to be physical again. If they are only physical they will create chances FOR the hawks.
I agree, I hope Yeo wants them to finish their checks and hits.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosluggo View Post
Seabrook easily stood out as the worst player, and almost everyone played horrible.
The best summary of the game for the Hawks was right near the end of the 2nd period, where a Wild player who was clearly smaller than Seabrook went to fight for a puck at the boards, collided into Seabrook, and Seabrook was knocked back and off his feet. He came up looking like "how did that happen?" and skated off. The Wild player was so much smaller than him he had NO BUSINESS knocking Seabrook down. As to how it happened, it happened because Seabrook should have been laying the lumber on him instead of playing passive like the Hawks were all game. He got caught sleeping yet again, and knocked on his ass by a smaller player.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
The best summary of the game for the Hawks was right near the end of the 2nd period, where a Wild player who was clearly smaller than Seabrook went to fight for a puck at the boards, collided into Seabrook, and Seabrook was knocked back and off his feet. He came up looking like "how did that happen?" and skated off. The Wild player was so much smaller than him he had NO BUSINESS knocking Seabrook down. As to how it happened, it happened because Seabrook should have been laying the lumber on him instead of playing passive like the Hawks were all game. He got caught sleeping yet again, and knocked on his ass by a smaller player.
Yeah that was Zucker who gives up probably 4-5 inches and 25+ pounds. Seabrook definitely isn't earning his keep this series.

I will be concerned (of course) if the Hawks drop tomorrow's game, but I expect them to come out with a much better effort (similar to game 2 after game 1).

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
They need to get their core guys sans Kane going. It is about time to change up the lines. They need to spread the talent around and switch up the lines because they look stale. It also makes it even tougher for Yeo to do match-ups. Also, sit Bollig. No need for him against Minnesota. Dress Mayers or Ben Smith.

For Example
Sharp-Toews-Frolik
Bickell-Shaw-Kane
Stalberg-Handzus-Hossa
Saad- Kruger-Smith
What in the world are these lines? Why would you do any of this? Shaw as 2C? Saad on the fourth line? That makes no sense. If you're looking to change lines you should just switch Kane and Hossa, playing with Kane would probably get Toews going as well.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah that was Zucker who gives up probably 4-5 inches and 25+ pounds. Seabrook definitely isn't earning his keep this series.
I thought that was him, I just couldn't remember it for sure. He's a rookie to boot. Nice Seabs...

Old
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

...and, yeah, just as I thought...I'll see you guys after the season is over, I'm out.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote