HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall in OT to Wild 3-2 ,, Series 2-1 Hawks

Old
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Crawford was partly to blame for that last goal, but Zucker should of never been open to being with.

Also, the D is hardly to blame for a loss when our forwards didn't even manage to score a goal.

But, doesn't matter. The seasons over, our team is terrible, and I doubt they win another game this year, and will miss the playoffs next year.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:05 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
...and, yeah, just as I thought...I'll see you guys after the season is over, I'm out.
See you in a week!

(I hope)

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Illinihockey

Any time Hossa, Toews, and Kane want to start scoring goals I'm fine with that. 0 goals 5 on 5 in 3 games. Thats not good enough.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Any time Hossa, Toews, and Kane want to start scoring goals I'm fine with that. 0 goals 5 on 5 in 3 games. Thats not good enough.
No kidding, but if we lose the series it will be Crawford and Oduyas fault.....and Stan Bowman for not getting the great Derek Roy.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I expect them to come out with a much better effort (similar to game 2 after game 1).
Thats been their MO all season. After they play a crap game they tend to bounce back. Hopefully this game was a wake up call for the Hawks. Win tomorrow and the series is all but over.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Sevanston

Quote:

Do you know there are more ways of getting the puck into the net than putting it there yourself?

Offensively, Kane is the last forward anyone should be complaining about.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Do you know there are more ways of getting the puck into the net than putting it there yourself?

Offensively, Kane is the last forward anyone should be complaining about.
Agreed. I know I have been critical of Kane in the past, but he has without a doubt been the best skater in this series.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
cherrypik

Quote:
Kane has setup at least four goals this series, no complaints. Hossa and Toews need to kick into playoff mode.

Can someone tell Seabrook put down the fork and spoon so he can move on the ice?

All three goals Minny scored were lucky shots. Two backhanded roof shots and an impossible angle shot.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Illinihockey

I agree Kane has been good, but we need him scoring. He's too good to not be putting the puck in the net. I don't want to have to trust Oduya and Keith to beat the goalie. Now if he can set everyone up with tap ins like on Sharp's 2nd goal then great.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Sarava

Quote:
You gotta leave Kane out of that. It seems like most of the Hawks goals come from his primary assist. He has 5 assists in the 3 games.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
I agree Kane has been good, but we need him scoring. He's too good to not be putting the puck in the net. I don't want to have to trust Oduya and Keith to beat the goalie. Now if he can set everyone up with tap ins like on Sharp's 2nd goal then great.
If he's creating two goals per game he can not score for the rest of his life tbh

Also the Hawks success rate on that type of play this year has been very high

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:41 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
This is just stupid. Kane is racking up assists BUT WE NEED HIM TO SCORE!

Just awful, awful logic.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
All three goals Minny scored were lucky shots. Two backhanded roof shots and an impossible angle shot.
I felt the same about those first two goals. They were almost the exact same shot. impossible angle, backhand, that BARELY caught the corner. Really tough for me to blame Crawford for those. He was doing the right thing, they just found a small way in.

If anything Crawford should be chewing out the rest of the team for playing as poorly as they did. He really is the only reason the Hawks were even in that game. I'd argue they were still back at Johnny's Ice House practice skating. I'm sure they will come out with more energy tomorrow.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Marina
#freemorin

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Kane has five assists on the nine goals the Hawks have scored so far and you're complaining that he hasn't scored any goals? What a joke.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
cherrypik

After watching the replay on NHL network, I notice Toews did not have his stick on the ice for the second Minny goal nor did he have it one the ice on that backhanded pass from Keith midway through the third. Very unlike him and no one singled him out on NBC or NHL Network.

Not sure what the hell Oduya was doing on one of the Minny goals. His path was pathetic. Rozy went man to man and instead of Oduya occupying the front of the net he skated behind the net(opposite side) wtf?

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Kane has 5 assists, leads the team in points, and is a +4 (highest on the team). He's not the problem.

Hossa needs to be a bit better - but still have 1 g and 1 a in 3 games.

Toews and Saad have combined for 0 points in 3 games. They must be better - particularly Toews.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Balance it out!

Saad-Toews-Stalberg
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Frolik-Handzus-Hossa
Shaw-Kruger-Carcillo

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I'm still not complaining about anyone at this point. We're three games into the series and last game was the first one where the top line really wasn't noticeable. They'll break through.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Kane not scoring goals?!? Com-on now. Maybe if he isnt drawing four defenders around him yet still is able to make a no look pass.

Anytime Toews and Hossa want to show up, fine by me.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
BronYrAur

Toews just hasn't looked himself. He was outstanding all year and suddenly he looks a bit confused out there. That is th eone thing that I am definitely worried about.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Hawkaholic

Toews is playing against 3 of the best defensive players in the game. It's not really surprising he isn't doing much. I'm sure they will find a way to score eventually.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Toews is playing against 3 of the best defensive players in the game. It's not really surprising he isn't doing much. I'm sure they will find a way to score eventually.
And this is why we need Dave Bolland. Because he plays these minutes every night. When he doesn't produce, ZOMG he's dreadful. Not really.

36 can competently play a solid defensive game against top lines around the league and that is valuable.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Ujjy

Agreed, Suter has pretty much completely shut down Toews, though I feel it has opened up a lot for Kane. Add in the fact the refs are letting everything go this series in terms of interference and holding and Toews doesn't have much room.

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Chelios

While I certainly agree Toews needs to start producing more, the effort is certainly there. Playing against the (probable) norris trophy candidate as well as one of the best defensive centres in the league certainly has limited his production so far (though as others have said, it also frees up Kane to do his thing). But it has been 3 games, I doubt they will be able to do it for the entire series.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
And this is why we need Dave Bolland. Because he plays these minutes every night. When he doesn't produce, ZOMG he's dreadful. Not really.

36 can competently play a solid defensive game against top lines around the league and that is valuable.
Bolland on the ice skating today but not with the 2nd line. Hope the Hawks win tomorrow so he doesn't have to rush back for game 5.