Carter

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 06:24 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Carter

little help here guys,

how would you describe anson carter's game while he was with the bruins? was he a powerfoward? did he work hard in the corners and in front of the net? and what player would you compare him to?

thanks.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:49 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
little help here guys,

how would you describe anson carter's game while he was with the bruins? was he a powerfoward? did he work hard in the corners and in front of the net? and what player would you compare him to?

thanks.
crybaby whiner who wanted more money
carter is a weird type of player - as strong as anyone i've seen on his skates. some days he looks like a power forward, other days he looks like a 3rd liner at best.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:18 AM
brianscot

Carter is a sometimes physical, sometimes dynamic, player.

It never seems though that the results equal the promise.

Carter could be a latter day version of Eddie Olczyk. Perhaps a better athlete than he is a hockey player.

At age 29 now, you get what you see.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I think he's a solid player. He'll score 25 - 30 goals, but is a bit streaky. He's strong on his skates and is a good skater. He does not initiate contact to great effect. But he's a solid winger, not pure finesse. It always seems like he is on the cusp of breaking out to a new level, but I'm not sure he's going to get beyond the level he's been at for the past 5 years. Pencil him in for 25 goals, 60-ish points, and to miss about 10 games per year to injury and you'll probably end up pretty close.

He's a solid 2nd line winger. A team that has Carter on the 2nd line has pretty good depth. I'd like to have him here, but Knuble performed better last year. The point being, you can find guys like Carter more easily than guys like, say, Shane Doan who is not terribly dissimilar stats wise.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:28 AM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
When he was with the Bruins, he was very similar to what Knuble is now, something of a developing power forward with some ability to grind in the corners.

He'd have been a much better player if he'd stayed, IMHO.

Closed Thread