HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Crosby playing for Toronto!?

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Taupy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
Either if your 20 or you've played 4 seasons in the CHL.
He only played 2 seasons. But I bet that because he's Crosby, he'll have the right to play in the AHL.

Old
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

This article seems to think/indicate the Wolves would be his AHL choice:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rts/TopStories

Quote:
Brisson has said many times that Crosby would have options if the NHL's labour stalemate with the National Hockey League Players' Association prohibits the league from starting on time in the fall.

He would receive offers to play in Switzerland, Sweden and Russia and possibly for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League. The native of Cole Harbour, N.S., also has an open invitation to join the Canadian national team program for the Olympics.

Crosby would make more money playing in Europe or for the Wolves, but Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson believes that playing for the national team would be better for Crosby's development.

Old
05-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Leafs Clear first hurdle of Crosby a Marlie next year !!!!

Fergy's request to have authorization to sign Crosby to play in the AHL gets commish's sign of approval and his Reebok deal could keep him in North America ..

Quote:

Don't expect the wunderkind skipping to Russia. Sid's got a $2.5 million Reebok deal that isn't written in Russkie.

Meanwhile, AHL boss Dave Andrews says he has no problem with Leafs signing Crosby for their Marlies farm.

"Any player who has reached the age of 18 by Sept. 15 is eligible to play in our league if appropriately under contract," Andrews explains.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3635544

Old
05-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
While we're guessing at probable scenarios it may be possible for him to sign with the Marlies. Realistically at the pace these talks are going, the NHL could start up on time and Sidney would enter the NHL draft. Two separate drafts are held and Crosby goes to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Old
05-27-2005, 01:04 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Leafs Clear first hurdle of Crosby a Marlie next year !!!!

Fergy's request to have authorization to sign Crosby to play in the AHL gets commish's sign of approval and his Reebok deal could keep him in North America ..

now there's just that other, tiny hurdle...

having him sign with the marlies over say, any other team.

but hey kid..it's a cute dream. keep it up. you got moxie, and i like that.

Old
05-27-2005, 06:51 AM
chiavsfan

I have seena few articles on a possible Crosby AHL future. And all the articles seemed to indicate that the Wolves would have the best shot of signing him because they have the most money. Take that for what it's worth...but hopefully there is an NHL season next year (doubtful) and no one will have to worry about his AHL future

Old
05-27-2005, 11:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan
I have seena few articles on a possible Crosby AHL future. And all the articles seemed to indicate that the Wolves would have the best shot of signing him because they have the most money. Take that for what it's worth...but hopefully there is an NHL season next year (doubtful) and no one will have to worry about his AHL future
I disagree. I believe *insert my own favorite team* will almost definitely sign him. If not them, I'd say it will be *insert another team that I like*. At least that's the impression that I get.

Old
05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
chiavsfan

This is what I was talking about

From the "Globe and Mail"
The link is now "Only for insiders" but I do have the part of the article that refers to the Wolves.

Quote:
Brisson (Agent) has said many times that Crosby would have options if the NHL's labour stalemate with the National Hockey League Players' Association prohibits the league from starting on time in the fall.

He would receive offers to play in Switzerland, Sweden and Russia and possibly for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League. The native of Cole Harbour, N.S., also has an open invitation to join the Canadian national team program for the Olympics.

Crosby would make more money playing in Europe or for the Wolves, but Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson believes that playing for the national team would be better for Crosby's development.
If you are an "Insider" here is the link...I am not anymore, I had to go back into an old post to find this.
"Globe and Mail"

Again, I don't care either way, would it be cool to see Crosby in a WOlves uniform...sure thing. But I am just sharing the news I have seen, since this is an information board.

Old
05-27-2005, 11:50 AM
mackdogs*

Not that anyone would know the answer to this, but why would only the Wolves be interested in him from the AHL? Globe and mail or not that is just a ridiculous statement. If any AHL team makes an offer I have to assume every one of them would. It's doubtful Sid would go for the biggest money deal in regards to the AHL, as I doubt the offers will be significantly different from one team to the next. No doubt he'll be making big coin from endorsements so this is probably secondary. If he does go to the AHL look for him to go where he wants and not to the biggest spender.

Old
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
...so who said the Marlies would end up with him? I'd wager to say all 30 teams would pony up a lot of money to pick him up. Watch him go to the Phantoms or the Americans....

....and the toronto faithful scream bloody murder

Old
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
...so who said the Marlies would end up with him? I'd wager to say all 30 teams would pony up a lot of money to pick him up. Watch him go to the Phantoms or the Americans....

....and the toronto faithful scream bloody murder
Not all 30 teams, only the ones that could sell enough extra tickets to make it worth their while.

Old
05-31-2005, 01:51 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

typical Toronto. thinking they can get everyone. Some of their fans act like its their birthright to get some of the high profile players every single year. Now its Crosby. I hope he does go to an american AHL team if there is no NHL next season, just to piss them off.

Closed Thread