HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We lost, let's talk about it

Old
05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeliveauFan4ever View Post
Bloumeister,

Setting the record straight on the origins of Paulrus was right and honourable.

At least we know CHill is a believable originator!

I say toss that nickname around with great impunity!
God Bless you!

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Hugo Sham

also guys it helps in shiitty moments like these that this was a kind of transitional year. we did better than anyone expected - and still have a shot. Habs brass began clearing out dead wood and it will continue. I expect team to make a play for clowe, bickell etc...

and maybe deal one of our young dmen prospects for a young power forward

i expect guys like ryder, armstrong, and maybe gionta to be gone

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Bloumeister,

Setting the record straight on the origins of Paulrus was right and honourable.

At least we know CHill is a believable originator!
He gets an 'A' for effort (some here would even give him Gionta's 'C' )... No keg, though

Quote:
I say toss that nickname around with great impunity!
GOO GOO G'JOOB!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:22 PM
BeliveauFan4ever

compile,

re, Gallagher and his heart...

I have complained to colleagues and fellow Habs' fans at work that I cannot understand the reluctance of well-conditioned athletes to drive to the net.

Yes, injuries can happen there, but as we have seen time and again, even in this series, injuries can happen...anywhere.

Go to the net. That is where the pot of gold is, not the periphery.

BeliveauFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:22 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
He gets an 'A' for effort (some here would even give him Gionta's 'C' )... No keg, though

GOO GOO G'JOOB!
Like my new avatar?

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:24 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Here it is if anyone is interested:

do you have any proof?

... ... ... no

**** pj stock

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Like my new avatar?

You're taking this harder than I am...

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
How can you deflate a team that was playing poorly for the previous 40 minutes? Price isn't the reason the team lost, nor is he the reason the team lost its step...it had no step the entire game. They were lucky it was 2-1 and lost that opportunity because the team did nothing with it. They squandered powerplays and played with fire with their indiscipline and poor defensive play. Blaming the loss on Price demonstrates a very shallow analysis of the game. To get deflated, you need life and the team had zero life from the get go. Stupid penalties, bad defensive play and wasted powerplay opportunities is why the team lost, not because of Price who help the team in for 40 minutes, a team which chose not to wake up, but to instead to continue to play a sloppy and uninspired game.
So lets say that you are up 2-1 going into the 3rd, been outshot 41-19 after 2 playing poorly and having no business being in the game . Your goalie keeps making saves, providing inspiration for a 3 goal surge and you win the game despite an overall dismal night?

That was game one. Anderson the goalie. Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Tonight.
Price. Pathetic. Uninspiring. A liability.

Stop making the excuse that these performances are understandable when the guy at the other end of the rink is showing how a goalie gets the job done.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
No one really likes us on this forum. It's incredible how stretched out some people's imagination is in order to hate us. Teams unite in order to hate us for whatever reason. When we lose, they hate us, when we win, they hate us twice as much.

It's normal I guess but really childish on hf. After the playoffs are over I'm out. I think I'll look for a better forum without teenage tough guys. Kind of tired of delusion some people have towards us, it's amazing.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
do you have any proof?

... ... ... no

**** pj stock
I's sure François Gagnon has a copy of the tape somewhere

Old
05-05-2013, 11:29 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Like my new avatar?

With all apologies to our fine shoppers, I felt mine needed a change as well.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
With all apologies to our fine shoppers, I felt mine needed a change as well.
Bandwagoner

Old
OneSharpMarble

Who would have thought we would be praising Bourque as our saving grace right now? Just goes to show how awful our forward situation is.

This draft better be forward heavy for us with a clear move towards strong physical play. No more perimeter players, no more nancys.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Bandwagoner
Maybe...........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
So lets say that you are up 2-1 going into the 3rd, been outshot 41-19 after 2 playing poorly and having no business being in the game . Your goalie keeps making saves, providing inspiration for a 3 goal surge and you win the game despite an overall dismal night?

That was game one. Anderson the goalie. Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Tonight.
Price. Pathetic. Uninspiring. A liability.

Stop making the excuse that these performances are understandable when the guy at the other end of the rink is showing how a goalie gets the job done.
There are other players on the ice aside from the goaltender. They need to carry the slack as well and in the habs case they did not. If you can't analyze a team beyond the performance of a goaltender then there isn't any point in discussing hockey with you. There are 18 other players on the ice, they were awful the whole game. Price kept them in and unfortunately let in a goal, but this doesn't mean he was the reason for the loss. If the team isn't capable of playing hockey without relying on their goaltender to play hero, then not only is the outcome not the goalie's fault, but it's a sign of a badly constructed and mentally fragile team.

Stop blaming Price for every loss and start looking at the other 18 players that contributed to a loss. If it's too complex for you to do so, stop playing hockey analyst.

I don't care how Anderson plays and I wouldn't be proud as a sens fan if I have to rely on one player for a win every single game.

The team scored 1 goal. That isn't Price's fault. If the team relies that heavily on Price for a win, then it's a bad team and therefore the blame shouldn't be on Price only.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Therrien has been outcoached. MaClean has done a masterful job. I agreed with the poster that the Sens were a better buiilt team. They are better built for the playoffs and overall better than our team. I hate the way our team is built right now, have always said that....so don't go and say I'm overreacting over one or 2 games. I have said for a while that Gorges was overrated and overpaid. I said the DD contract was a huge mistake while you thought it was a good signing. I also stated that our D was sof and would get exposed in the playoffs (before Emelin got injured) along with Price needing to step his game up...in which I got ripped on over a month ago. So...there's no "overreaction" to 1 game here.

All I hear from Habs fans nowadays are excuses...there's always an excuse.
I'm gonna have to disagree about the coaching. I mean, according to you, the Sens are just that much better overall, and much better built for the POs than us. So really, how hard is it to outcoach the coach of a weaker team?
I agree that the Sens are overall better at this point all things considered, so I don't think MacLean is outcoaching Therrien. But tonight is not a good representation, Ottawa is not that much better. Our team just got frustrated and was bad at everything tonight.

But you don't like the way the team is built. Great. I also would change quite a few things. Now what? We still are in the Playoffs down 2-1 with the same team. What's the point in talking about how you want things to be different at this time?

As for DD, I never once said it was a good signing. I said it certainly isn't as bad as some make it seem like qualifying it as a ''huge mistake''. A huge mistake was the Gomez trade. The DD re-signal was just poorly timed, there was no need to do it this early (same for Bouillon btw), but it's really not the end of the world. It's a contract that isn't too big of a burden for other teams to take a risk on, especially if we can retain some salary, and if we have to buy him out, it's not a huge hit. His contract will never prevent us from improving our team.
So again, it's not the end of the world.

In the captaincy thread I said we should move Gorges. I would do quite a few things, but right now nothing will happen.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:35 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

It's normal I guess but really childish on hf. After the playoffs are over I'm out. I think I'll look for a better forum without teenage tough guys. Kind of tired of delusion some people have towards us, it's amazing.
I hate to break it to you but what you're describing simply doesn't exist. It's the internet, baby. Take it or leave it.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Blair

Send a message via AIM to Blair Send a message via MSN to Blair
Ron asked PJ Stock if he approves of what Patches did, not if he has proof of it.

Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Bandwagoner
it's not all that bad

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
boris4c

Quote:
No one really likes us on this forum. It's incredible how stretched out some people's imagination is in order to hate us. Teams unite in order to hate us for whatever reason. When we lose, they hate us, when we win, they hate us twice as much.

You won't find a better forum that this one when it comes to hockey.

You could just post here in our subforum without having the need to post elsewhere and see what others write about us.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
There are other players on the ice aside from the goaltender. They need to carry the slack as well and in the habs case they did not. If you can't analyze a team beyond the performance of a goaltender then there isn't any point in discussing hockey with you. There are 18 other players on the ice, they were awful the whole game. Price kept them in and unfortunately let in a goal, but this doesn't mean he was the reason for the loss. If the team isn't capable of playing hockey without relying on their goaltender to play hero, then not only is the outcome not the goalie's fault, but it's a sign of a badly constructed and mentally fragile team.

Stop blaming Price for every loss and start looking at the other 18 players that contributed to a loss. If it's too complex for you to do so, stop playing hockey analyst.
look at the contrast between game 1 and game 3. Is this too much to ask for you to do? Does it overload you?

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
I hate to break it to you but what you're describing simply doesn't exist. It's the internet, baby. Take it or leave it.
Fair enough. I'll just have to stay within my own circles then.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:37 PM
windycity

Quote:

Just do what I do and ignore the main boards

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
You won't find a better forum that this one when it comes to hockey.

You could just post here in our subforum without having the need to post elsewhere and see what others write about us.
Seems like a simplistic view of things. I'll only talk to people who agree with me.

I want to discuss and have different opinions, just not mob mentalities vs the habs. Literally impossible.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Who would have thought we would be praising Bourque as our saving grace right now? Just goes to show how awful our forward situation is right now.

This draft better be forward heavy for us with a clear move towards strong physical play. No more perimeter players, no more nancys.
In all fairness what did you expect?

Gallagher has been our biggest surprise all season and he still is in playoffs , playing without fear and producing respectable numbers.
Galchenyuk is also doing well as he was during the season.
At the start of the season Bourque was one of if not our best player before he sustained his injury , he came back and continues to play well.
Plekanec has been having weird luck offensively all year sometimes it goes in sometimes it doesn't but he is always fairly close (but close doesn't cut it unfortunately) , also he's been known as our best PK player which he has been.
Markov has been underwhelming all season , except for on the powerplay where he has done very well , we havn't had many clear power play chances this series except for maybe game 1.
Price has been up and down all season never unbelievable (save 3-4 games this season) , sometimes terrible/soft goal after goal but it didn't matter because the team was still winning.
Ryder has been a perimetre player all year taking advantage of the team mojo with that deadly shot of his , with tight checking in the playoffs he is neutralized and far less effective unless a big body player can drive to the net (see : Bourque) and give him that perfect setup.
DD has been mediocre all year at best especially since signing that extension.
Gorges is also having a forgettable year and has a hard time adjusting to the Therrien system.
Diaz was great until his injury and still is.
Nothing has changed all players are who they are , however playoffs tend to magnify our perception on things.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote