HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We lost, let's talk about it

Old
05-05-2013, 11:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
OK???????
Exactly.

05-05-2013, 11:39 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No if we lose it's because we just weren't the better team. Therrien is getting outcoached, it's as simple as that. An offense like Ottawa shouldn't score 6 goals in a single game. Desharnais does not deserve the icetime he's getting.

Maclean wasn't afraid to bench Conacher or Latendresse. Perfect example is game one, the habs take the lead 2-1, get a 5 on 3 and Therrien puts Desharnais on the ice who has been awful for the past month and a half. It's not the time to fool around, he's cold, put your best players, you score on that powerplay you suck the life out of the opponent. Desharnais (and Pacioretty to a certain extent) had no business being on that 5 on 3 in game 1. Even tonight, Bourque, Gallagher and Galchenyuk have been the team's offense...there is zero excuse for Desharnais and Pacioretty to get ice time over them on the PP, especially the latter two.

We blasted Martin for his favorties and being stubborn with their usage, yet we let it slide for Therrien.
DD should definitely get massively reduced PP time. I have no idea why this hasn't happened yet. It's not as if we live or die with DD.
On the other hand, we lost because we got scored on 6 times and played like crap, not because DD got PP time (though that certainly didn't help, and he should still get reduced minutes).

I think it's Budaj's turn at the net...specially if Price craps the bed again. At the very least to give Price a game to regroup and get his act together.

And what's with our defensive play? And how in the world does DD lead the team with +2 while the team got shell shocked twice?

Our whole team except for Subban and Bourque and maybe a couple others needs to massively start playing better. Gally and company I give a pass as they are producing offensively and more importantly they are as green as can be though they should get special attention to not get exposed defensively (not that they are doing bad).

Wonder if we should think about giving Pleks some first line offensive minutes...though with Eller gone, who takes over his defensive minutes? Damn we are crap right now...

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
look at the contrast between game 1 and game 3. Is this too much to ask for you to do? Does it overload you?
Are you able to analyze the outcome of a game beyond the performance of a goaltender? Is this too much to ask for you to do? Does it overload you?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Seems like a simplistic view of things. I'll only talk to people who agree with me.

I want to discuss and have different opinions, just not mob mentalities vs the habs. Literally impossible.
Lots of different opinions here. Some posters even change theirs daily

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
windycity

Quote:
There are 18 other players on the ice.
dammmit and we only had 5! Stupid Therrien, no wonder we got schooled!

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BeliveauFan4ever

Lyrical,

You wouldn't have nearly 18,000 posts here if what you were looking for was never ever in the cupboard.

Message boards can be great, and they can be less than great just when you need them to remain great.

This one is quite good, even though it isn't delivering for you, today.

BeliveauFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:42 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:
There are other players on the ice aside from the goaltender. They need to carry the slack as well and in the habs case they did not. If you can't analyze a team beyond the performance of a goaltender then there isn't any point in discussing hockey with you. There are 18 other players on the ice, they were awful the whole game. Price kept them in and unfortunately let in a goal, but this doesn't mean he was the reason for the loss. If the team isn't capable of playing hockey without relying on their goaltender to play hero, then not only is the outcome not the goalie's fault, but it's a sign of a badly constructed and mentally fragile team.

Stop blaming Price for every loss and start looking at the other 18 players that contributed to a loss. If it's too complex for you to do so, stop playing hockey analyst.

I don't care how Anderson plays and I wouldn't be proud as a sens fan if I have to rely on one player for a win every single game.

The team scored 1 goal. That isn't Price's fault. If the team relies that heavily on Price for a win, then it's a bad team and therefore the blame shouldn't be on Price only.
Agree, blaming price is taking the easy way out. The team was horrendous tonight.

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
DD should definitely get massively reduced PP time. I have no idea why this hasn't happened yet. It's not as if we live or die with DD.
On the other hand, we lost because we got scored on 6 times and played like crap, not because DD got PP time (though that certainly didn't help, and he should still get reduced minutes).

I think it's Budaj's turn at the net...specially if Price craps the bed again. At the very least to give Price a game to regroup and get his act together.

And what's with our defensive play? And how in the world does DD lead the team with +2 while the team got shell shocked twice?

Our whole team except for Subban and Bourque and maybe a couple others needs to massively start playing better. Gally and company I give a pass as they are producing offensively and more importantly they are as green as can be though they should get special attention to not get exposed defensively (not that they are doing bad).

Wonder if we should think about giving Pleks some first line offensive minutes...though with Eller gone, who takes over his defensive minutes? Damn we are crap right now...

What's the point of putting in Budaj? The team is not gonna win playing perimeter hockey, scoring 1 goal and playing shoddy defense. Even if the habs dominate possession, when possession changes hands they give the opponents quality scoring chances. The team defense needs to tighten up and get their crap together, it's sloppy and poorly executed.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Emily

Quote:
No one really likes us on this forum. It's incredible how stretched out some people's imagination is in order to hate us. Teams unite in order to hate us for whatever reason. When we lose, they hate us, when we win, they hate us twice as much.

It's normal I guess but really childish on hf. After the playoffs are over I'm out. I think I'll look for a better forum without teenage tough guys. Kind of tired of delusion some people have towards us, it's amazing.
Screw the main board, LL. It's filled with prebubesant keyboard warriors who have zero hockey knowledge. Arguing with them is useless and so is calling them out because the mods are also in on the hate. **** them.

Emily is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Exactly.
And what exactly is your point?

Old
05-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

As a Bruins fan I came in to see how u guys were taking the loss. To my disappointment I see that LL is contemplating leaving. I would not like this he is one of the few Habs fans who comes to the Bruins sub forum and engages in good conversation.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Take a look at game 1 versus game 3. Same situation and score going into the 3rd.

One goalie brought his team back into the game , one took his team out.

This series is over.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
BonkTastic
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Screw the main board, LL. It's filled with prebubesant keyboard warriors who have zero hockey knowledge. Arguing with them is useless and so is calling them out because the mods are also in on the hate. **** them.
Pretty much this.

It's the same thing I tell Sens posters sometimes when they get frustrated with the main boards. Main boards are, for the most part, a release valve for all of the BS that overflows from team boards. Very little content worth a damn, not usually worth one's time.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Yah, our subforum isn't that fun to be around sometimes either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeliveauFan4ever View Post
Lyrical,

You wouldn't have nearly 18,000 posts here if what you were looking for was never ever in the cupboard.

Message boards can be great, and they can be less than great just when you need them to remain great.

Be it as it may. It seems like the entire HFboards experience has gotten old. Not to be over dramatic but the quality of our own subforum seems to reach new lows constantly. I wish people would support the team and be realistic in expectations and solutions. When I leave our board of lunacy I find plenty of hypocrisy. Seems less than ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
We like to say it's main boards but as I said. You go there, people *****, you laugh about it. Then you come here and see people say stupid things. It's annoying. When I first joined it was like this.

But, that being said, I didn't expect replies. It's PGT. Just saying how I feel, not angry about it, just something that crossed my mind for a while.

Let's be honest. Our own board is crap too sometimes. Over-dramatic and stupid. When you go outside, it's significantly worse. Doesn't make ours any better.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:49 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
It's worth seeing because Subban came across like a real ********. Bad time to call out a teammate in front of everybody and cameras in such a manner. ******** move.
Should he have waited until the end of the game to do it? What's the point in talking about the play then, when they have to move on for us to focus on actually winning it? Better get it out in the head of the moment when it's appropriate then never mention it again.

It was a pretty stupid pass, almost the same as Diaz' and I'm pretty sure the correct play was to dump it in and chase on the forecheck in that situation too, teammates can get mad when you do not execute the right play that is dictated by the system, Subban had every reason in the world to resent the pass Pacioretty served him.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Are you able to analyze the outcome of a game beyond the performance of a goaltender? Is this too much to ask for you to do? Does it overload you?
Andy, I am putting this politely, get a clue about this situation because it's going to be the summer's main topic. The summer starts in about 3 games.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeliveauFan4ever View Post
Lyrical,

I agree with LL, things aren't like they used to be. Even within the Habs board, the quality has dropped quite a bit over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Some?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Pretty much this.

It's the same thing I tell Sens posters sometimes when they get frustrated with the main boards. Main boards are, for the most part, a release valve for all of the BS that overflows from team boards. Very little content worth a damn, not usually worth one's time.
Haha "keyboard warriors." That should be the title of nhl 12-13-whatever year of online versus play.

KaptainKrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Andy, I am putting this politely, get a clue about this situation because it's going to be the summer's main topic. The summer starts in about 3 games.
Really got to love the confidence of Habs fans.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

Quote:
We like to say it's main boards but as I said. You go there, people *****, you laugh about it. Then you come here and see people say stupid things. It's annoying. When I first joined it was like this.

But, that being said, I didn't expect replies. It's PGT. Just saying how I feel, not angry about it, just something that crossed my mind for a while.

Let's be honest. Our own board is crap too sometimes. Over-dramatic and stupid. When you go outside, it's significantly worse. Doesn't make ours any better.
That's because a lot of posters - here and on other team boards - actually NEVER GO OUTSIDE

Old
05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Seems like a simplistic view of things. I'll only talk to people who agree with me.

I want to discuss and have different opinions, just not mob mentalities vs the habs. Literally impossible.
Unfortunately you can't escape from this on the internet. We are a big fanbase, which makes a lot of enemies, and the other biggest fanbases include teams like Toronto, Boston and Philly that hate us. Anti-Francophone sentiment is a part of it too, hockey communities are going to be filled with keyboard warriors who have an idea of "Frenchies" despite knowing nothing of Quebec (one reason xenophobia from Habs fans always drives me insane)

Hockey in general includes the best and worst fans in sports since it's such a regional thing. The Habs make an easy target for tribalism - successful past, mediocre present, part of a vaguely "European" culture (and therefore effeminate, or something), often has a lot of small players even during tougher times. As much as fans like to compare this current team to the 80s Habs which were one of the toughest in the league, we have a reputation that goes back further than Gainey as a way for fan bases like Boston and Toronto to have a strawman to identify against to hype up their so called blue collar image.

Obviously not every fan is like this but all you have to do is see how CBC treats the Habs to see why it's so widespread.

Anyway, sorry for the ranting but it would be a shame if you leave, the last thing we need is less people interested in more than just looking tough.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Nose Face Killah
McAvoy pls

Bruins fan here. LL, don't leave. We over at the Bruins board enjoy your discussions with us. Screw the main board...

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I agree with LL, things aren't like they used to be. Even within the Habs board, the quality has dropped quite a bit over the years.
I beg to differ. I joined in 2010. Surely it must have peaked then

Old
05-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Muminek

There`s always HIO (if you feel like offing yourself)

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Emily

Quote:
But isn't that pathetic? If he's the main topic it's because people believe that he's the main reason for our failures which IMO, he isn't. The team has more serious issues that need to be addressed. Replacing Price isn't high on my priority list... in fact, it's not my priority list at all.