HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We lost, let's talk about it

Old
05-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileusa View Post
Very well said. The truth and to the point.
yup, and, Bruins suck

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Are you ****ing serious?

Ryder is exactly the kind of player you DON'T bench. No matter how bad the game he plays is, no matter how he sucks in a particular night, no matter how invisible he is, he can always come back in the middle of a 3rd OT period and score the winning goal on a play that looked like was going nowhere.

You'd think Habs fans would have understood it by now, especially after playing him 2/3 years in the playoffs in his Boston years.
Agreed.

He has a knack for coming out of nowhere... and the track record to prove it.

He does need motivation, though.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Losing teeth is the Key to the series.

Game 1, Anderson loses tooth - SOLID
Game 2, Price looses teeth - SOLID
Game 3, Pageau loses tooth - Hat trick
We need less teeth then. It's pretty clear.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

You guys are overstating the "embarassing" and "humiliating" parts.

I liked to see my team answer yesterday. They went down, and by a lot, they played like crap, but you know what? They couldn't handle it. They decided they would not go down without at least standing up for what they defend. And in the end, they just refused to do what Martin's and Gainey's teams did way too often in the past; looking elsewhere and finish the game without passing a message.

We might not have won all of our fights, but Turris will think twice before putting his stick in the face of Subban. Neil, even with his ridiculous celebration, could not clearly get a clear advantage on Moen, who could place a right or two. White was not hit even once in the face against a much bigger Cowen. Smith had a lot of trouble against a 5'8 Bouillon. And Phillips just held on for dear life against Tinordi.

You know what? I like what I saw considering the score. Because my team, for once, just refused to accept what happened.

They will come back stronger. They might win the series. They might lose it. But in the end, they sure won't go out without a fight.

The Sens can also thank Prust, who could easily have went bonkers on Karlsson and Alfredsson with nobody left to defend them on the ice.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Must we get voodoo caricatures of Habs players and then argue on who should and should not get the lucky pin stuck in their mouths?

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
the whole team is pissed. True. But now they actually have to play hockey. Not that fiasco they tried to pass of as hockey last night
Part of the game my friend. Everyone thinks the 70's Habs were skill skill skill. True, but they got plenty pissed off, many times. They could fight when they were not happy. It was not their game, but they could do it.

It's hockey. It's part of the game.

This is a superb learning series for Price, and for all the kids.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Jean Beliveau had his first full season with Habs at age 22. Otherwise, spot on.
I don't get why people are upset with this.... You hope that your most gifted players will rise to the occasion during the playoffs. Just because we picked him 3rd overall doesn't mean he's going to be a Hall of Famer, he's still just a player, you can have expectations for him like anyone else. He played well below his seasonal average and looked bad during the last game. His line couldn't keep possession and it looked disjointed, bad game for him. He's not a bust, he's not going to score 4 goals a game, he's not being blamed for the loss, just hope he puts together a better game next game in terms of chemistry, awareness and impact. Not bashing, just not impressed with the ONE game he had last night and hope he can turn it around. Yikes.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
A scolding:

To say this game left me embarrassed to be a Habs fan is an understatement. This team is gutless and lacking any form of class.

Subban jumps a guy without giving him a chance to drop the gloves and punches him while he's down and in a vulnerable position. That is against the "hockey code" for sure. Bourque with the sucker punch. Gallagher with a vicious unprovoked slash and jumping a guy in the last 5minutes. Sens played physical and made us frustrated but they weren't cheap-shotting and embellishing. I could easily see half our team getting suspensions/fines for their play tonight. An utter disgrace.

Then at the end, they can't take the loss like men, so they have to embarrass our fans and organization even more by whining and acting like the victims infront of the cameras. Feel bad for all the kids that could hear and lipread the Habs players mouthing off. What a joke tonight's game was. When is our coaching staff going to crack down on this type of crap that doesn't belong in hockey? We're only motivating the Sens to get mad and when they are mad, they turn up the heat and outplay us. Habs need to man up and show some class.
Are you serious? This has happened so many times in the past with much better (Habs and non-Habs) teams. It's the playoffs, it's sports and people are completely emotionally invested. OF course they're going to lose their cool, like a **** ton of amazing athletes have in the history of the NHL.

If you're embarrassed about this, there's probably some figure skating competition that might suit your tastes better.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Neil, even with his ridiculous celebration, could not clearly get a clear advantage on Moen, who could place a right or two. White was not hit even once in the face against a much bigger Cowen. Smith had a lot of trouble against a 5'8 Bouillon. And Phillips just held on for dear life against Tinordi.
Honestly? All 5 of our guyrs got their ***** handed to them, they didn't send any message whatsoever.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:35 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
You know what I liked and never Felt before.

We were the Bad Guys.
Yes, we were in in very sense

Bad at Hockey
Bad at being goons

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse View Post
Honestly? All 5 of our guyrs got their ***** handed to them, they didn't send any message whatsoever.
Oh really? Tinordi got his **** handed to him? Subban too?

Even Moen caught Neil with a couple of clear rights. Tough guy Neil who didn't even want to dance with Prust earlier in the game.

And Smith beating a 37 years old, 5'8 Bouillon? Please. Give me a break.

By the way, Subban was absolutely right to do what he did. Turris tried to play the tough guy thinking after the line brawl nobody on the Habs would answer back, so he semi cross-checks Subban in the face?

I wish Prust would have ran Karlsson and Alfredsson over when nobody was left on the Sens roster that could do anything about it.

Don't just read what idiots like M-A Godin have to say (All Sens won their fight, etc...) Phillips didn't win ****. Neil didn't serve "une correction" to Moen. And the fact Smith struggled to clearly beat Bouillon says a lot about this tough guy...

Last edited by Guerzy: 05-06-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Do not wish injury.
Old
05-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Oh really? Tinordi got his **** handed to him? Subban too?

Even Moen caught Neil with a couple of clear rights. Tough guy Neil who didn't even want to dance with Prust earlier in the game.

And Smith beating a 37 years old, 5'8 Bouillon? Please. Give me a break.
RDS focused on the Ryan White yakety sax fight the whole time

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
I saw a bunch of plays break up on his stick as usual, and him be a 3 feet behind play out of position cuz he too slow.

I was willing to give him benefit of doubt before, but now he has basically been the worst habs forward so far into series, he makes his linemates worse with how many plays he kills. Pacioretty needs to be liberated from his line asap, I'd like to see MT try Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher.
Panique pas. We all knew this was the DD test. He might come through yet. If not, there is thinking to do this summer.

Everyone chill the **** out. This is a fantastic learning series for Bergy, for MT, for PK, for the kids, for Max. This is the type of series Habs need to have to contend in 2 years.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
TheGoalJudge

Same story every year with this team. We try to be something we're not. We're not rough and tumble. We can't fight. We have to just play hockey.

We get taken out of our game chasing people around every spring and it's just so ****ing annoying. Our midgets start trying to fight 7 footers and there you go. Series over.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:43 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Are you serious? This has happened so many times in the past with much better (Habs and non-Habs) teams. It's the playoffs, it's sports and people are completely emotionally invested. OF course they're going to lose their cool, like a **** ton of amazing athletes have in the history of the NHL.

If you're embarrassed about this, there's probably some figure skating competition that might suit your tastes better.
People wish we still had Martin killing all of his players' emotions before a series after one of their teammates almost got killed by the captain of this same team.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
FireBergevin
Wild & unwilling

Only positive I can take from last night is this organization will FINALLY get serious about adding bigger bodies to the top 9 in the offseason.

It's just too bad that Clowe will probably re-sign with NYR and DD is here to stay. Feh.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Funny reading all the people upset at Subban and Gally for picking fights. Sens do it and give cheap shots to both of these players all night and it is sending a message. Friggin hypocrites. The whole team should have grabbed a partner. I would tell the forwards if they do not finish every check next game they get sent home. Ryder has rubbed one guy out all series and has not forechecked at all.
Exactly.

The refereeing failed and that's why it got out of hand. That should be a message to the referees too.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Uber Coca

Listening to Martin McGuire after the game, it looked like Phillips yelled to stop the fight because Tinordi threw a big punch in his ribs and he couldn't handle him.

All the fights were kind of evenly matched (except Tinordi-Phillips and Cowen-White). I guess you expect the instigators to win them though. The Canadiens should not start this kind of crap anyway because they're not built for it.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:49 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
During the anthem I suggest Subban crosscheck Ryder in the face for game 4 knocking out teeth. Ryder will then get a hat trick.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:

I liked to see my team answer yesterday. They went down, and by a lot, they played like crap, but you know what? They couldn't handle it. They decided they would not go down without at least standing up for what they defend. And in the end, they just refused to do what Martin's and Gainey's teams did way too often in the past; looking elsewhere and finish the game without passing a message.

We might not have won all of our fights, but Turris will think twice before putting his stick in the face of Subban. Neil, even with his ridiculous celebration, could not clearly get a clear advantage on Moen, who could place a right or two. White was not hit even once in the face against a much bigger Cowen. Smith had a lot of trouble against a 5'8 Bouillon. And Phillips just held on for dear life against Tinordi.

You know what? I like what I saw considering the score. Because my team, for once, just refused to accept what happened.

They will come back stronger. They might win the series. They might lose it. But in the end, they sure won't go out without a fight.

The Sens can also thank Prust, who could easily have went bonkers on Karlsson and Alfredsson with nobody left to defend them on the ice.
Nice to see someone noticed that none of those fights were really much. The only one that could of been bad was Kassian with Armstrong but Kassian realized Army was way out of his class so he did not fight him. White had a terrible hold of Cowen's jersey and was getting swung around but Cowen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with his wild swings. Moen got the best punch against Neil in the fight.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
BLONG7

Use last game as motivation, and win game 4 and regain home ice...piece of cake!!

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:57 AM
bsl

Quote:

Exactement. The game was lost, time to tell arsholes we're not pu-ssies.

MT knew it too. I have absolutely no problem with what happened. It's a damn good sign. if not for this year, then for next.

And yeah, you better believe they saw Prust not go on Karl or Alfie. Ottawa players will respect it. And they know Prust and Moen are not done yet.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:01 AM
bsl

Quote:
That my friends is the whole point. That is what will make this team a contender in 2 years.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
During the anthem I suggest Subban crosscheck Ryder in the face for game 4 knocking out teeth. Ryder will then get a hat trick.
Yes. Let's make it happen.

You know what would have been really cool in last nights game.

If Subban and Pacioretty dropped the gloves with eachother. Would that be a first?

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:02 AM
windycity

too bad Prust is hurt

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote