HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part V: The 2013 Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 11:43 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Well despite the lackluster regular season stats, I think it's safe to say that most who were saying his surgery and the extended season last year took a toll on him for this year. He looks to be gaining his form back.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:46 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Oh well Blues, at least you beat them twice this year before losing 4 straight.

Go Sens!

Old
05-11-2013, 01:30 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd love to get Quick.

What's insane is that this is a lesser version. I've though he hasn't looked nearly as good as he did last year. His movement has been slower...so instead of VERY fast, he's just pretty fast. That being said, he's still been very good overall. So I guess what I'm saying is his decline in performance is insignificant?

He did have that offseason surgery which did slow him. especially earlier in the season. If he gets locked in and judging by the last few games he looks in the zone, LA is going to be a very tough out.
If they get to the Cup Final Its going to be much tougher. I expect SJ or the Ducks will push LA to the limit because both teams have the goaltenders to steal games.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:34 AM
TheLegendkiller

**** the Kings. Poor Blues.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:00 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
on the contrary, **** the blues. go kings

Old
05-11-2013, 08:45 AM
BernieParent

The Blues have looked like serious contenders for a few seasons, but they just can't put it together (sadly). Quick gave them their first two wins, and they couldn't do anything with it. That Penner goal with 0.2 seconds left was horrible! And as much as they have dynamic forwards, they couldn't put the puck in the net when they really needed to.

Briere would have won it for them.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Prongo
Beer

Well Blues were hoping for a deep playoff run for more revenue. That has gone out the window. Going to be an interesting team to keep our eyes on this offseason. If they have trouble locking up their young stud defensemen, Homer better have his eyes on St Louis. Like Nashville fans last year, nobody saw the whole ordeal coming with Weber. Anything can happen...

Old
05-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Clyde Donovan

Kind of hoping the Sharks finally get to the Finals but they've looked bad against the powerhouse West teams in the playoffs in the past. Seems like they go out with a whimper when they are eliminated.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I am really shocked they lost. I really thought the Blues were the better team going into the series (and they looked it in the first two games).

Old
05-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Johnny Walker

What was up with all the empty seats in Detroit last night?

Old
05-11-2013, 10:46 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
on the contrary, **** the blues. go kings

**** that ****. The Kings lost their coolness. The Blues were way more badass.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:03 AM
MsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
The Blues have looked like serious contenders for a few seasons, but they just can't put it together (sadly). Quick gave them their first two wins, and they couldn't do anything with it. That Penner goal with 0.2 seconds left was horrible! And as much as they have dynamic forwards, they couldn't put the puck in the net when they really needed to.

Briere would have won it for them.
The goal was a deflection. They showed it on CBC before the third period started and it was off the Blues' defender. It was a cannon of a shot to begin with and you could see it suddenly project upward after it hit him and started fluttering.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:53 AM
BringBackStevens

I'm not surprised the Kings disposed of the Blues at all. The Kings roster is just stacked with true two way guys. And by that I mean players that are good defensively but still have significant offensive ability.

The blues really lack top end scoring talent. Schwartz doesn't look like he's going to be that, maybe Tarasenko will fill that role if he lives up to expectations. But they could use a true #1 center. Maybe they should dangle a Perron, Berglund, Backes type and some of their prospects that they seem to hoard for an established center

Old
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I am really shocked they lost. I really thought the Blues were the better team going into the series (and they looked it in the first two games).
goaltending is overrated

Old
05-11-2013, 12:27 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Quick is insane. He has flicked The switch. Watching the Kings Today is like watching a hybrid Of all the most boring trap teams of all time.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
The goal was a deflection. They showed it on CBC before the third period started and it was off the Blues' defender. It was a cannon of a shot to begin with and you could see it suddenly project upward after it hit him and started fluttering.
Yeah, I think it went off of Polak, who also made a bad play on the first LA goal. He seemed to have been the weak link for the Blues' defense all series long, having a number of turnovers and just crappy plays in their own end zone. I haven't seen him much before this series, but I always thought he was way better than your regular third-pairing defensman. Now I'm not so sure anymore. A physical presence, but everything else is lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
The blues really lack top end scoring talent. Schwartz doesn't look like he's going to be that, maybe Tarasenko will fill that role if he lives up to expectations. But they could use a true #1 center. Maybe they should dangle a Perron, Berglund, Backes type and some of their prospects that they seem to hoard for an established center
I don't know, I thought Schwartz looked great, but it is true he couldn't finish for the life of him. But I thought that was the case during the World Juniors already. Was he touted as being a great scorer, though? Because I definitely see him as an excellent player, easily holding his own in the top 6, even if he doesn't score all that much. Plus, it's his first year, and just getting that chance says a lot about him.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:06 PM
skoods

I don't understand Flyers fans still rooting for the Kings. Makes me wonder if they're actually Flyers fans and not just Richards & Carter fans.

I understand rooting for them last year, when the franchise had never won a cup. But, I can never root for a team to go back-to-back unless it's my team. Share the wealth and allow some other hapless fan bases like St. Louis or D.C. to be happy. Plus, LA is a joke of a hockey fan base and a joke of a sports town that burns down its city when their team wins a championship.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:10 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
I don't understand Flyers fans still rooting for the Kings. Makes me wonder if they're actually Flyers fans and not just Richards & Carter fans.

I understand rooting for them last year, when the franchise had never won a cup. But, I can never root for a team to go back-to-back unless it's my team. Share the wealth and allow some other hapless fan bases like St. Louis or D.C. to be happy. Plus, LA is a joke of a hockey fan base and a joke of a sports town that burns down its city when their team wins a championship.
Exactly. That's why I cheered for the Blues. On the Kings I only really like Richards, Kopitar and some of the lesser known guys. But I'm not a fan of Brown, Doughty, Carter, or Penner. I would like Brown if the dude dropped the gloves for some of his shadiness but he never does.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:

me rooting for the Kings has little to nothing to do with Carter and Richards.

ive followed many of those guys career from the AHL on that are on that team.
not much bitterness in that 2nd paragraph is there? lol

Old
05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:

I liked Richards and Carter when they were Flyers, I liked them last year, and I like them now. I've also grown to like some of the other Kings' players. And the reason I rooted for them last year wasn't because I wanted to see the city of LA win a championship, so that doesn't factor into whether or not I was going to root for them again. Besides, it's not like the Flyers are doing anything right now.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:25 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

You just basically described any big city. I remember a lot of idiots were out in full force when the Phillies won the WS in 2008.

I honestly could care less who wins the cup as long as its not Pittsburgh. Other than I just enjoy the games with no rooting interest in any team.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Even if the Pens do win the cup, does anyone see it as a silver lining that at least Iginla will get to win one? I love Iggy, the Pens haven't taken that away. Yet.

05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Even if the Pens do win the cup, does anyone see it as a silver lining that at least Iginla will get to win one? I love Iggy, the Pens haven't taken that away. Yet.
Nope. I still like Iginla even though he plays for them but I can't overlook them winning a cup for that.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:47 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
I would like to see a team that hasnt won before lift the cup this year. Hopefully San Jose can keep it up and Ottawa can get Spezza back .

Old
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Ryker

Quote:

Give me a break. I don't like the Kings, but who cares if other people do. That has nothing to do with being a Flyers fan, so get off of your high horse. People can root for whomever they want with the Flyers out of the playoffs.

Closed Thread