HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Conacher Appreciation Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 07:46 AM
JackBauer

vCash: 500
Cory Conacher Appreciation Thread

Yes, he sat Game 2, probably for good reason but that little **** played his heart out last night, taking abuse from half the Montreal team and drawing a number of penalites, including a couple of vicious elbows that Shanny will probably let slide. Doesn't back down from anyone. He made us proud last night.

Last edited by Kahuna Nanu: 05-06-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: circumvention
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Northern Neighbour

He was great last night. He was flying all over the ice and finishing his checks. He got under the Habs' skin, which explains why he was targeted at the end of the night. He also created chances, and he was a big spark for Turris and Alfredsson.

Hope he can keep it up. The team needs his skill and speed in the lineup and for him to be a difference maker.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Hopefully he didn't get concussed

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

MTL didn't dare try their goon tactics with anyone their own size so they tried to intimidate Turris and the smallest player on our team. It didn't work. Turris and Conacher took the abuse like men. The league has to crack down on Prust and Bourque for the blatant elbows to Conacher's head. Shanahan and his MTL connected staff already took a severe hit to their credibility with the Gryba decision. They had better not mess this up. Suspensions against a few MTL players are in order.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:24 AM
bacon25

If he can get under the other teams skin every night and continue to drive the puck to the net like he did last night, his future is very bright

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

A fiesty sparkpluk with skill who gets under the opposition's skin...LOVE his game.

Methot Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:46 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Thats the Conacher I thought we'd get.

ErikKarlsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
sens2k9

Couple elbows to the head? Honey badger don't care!

sens2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Proust

I wish he didn't have hands of stone. That flubbed shot was epic.

Anyone else wonder what Turris and Conacher did to become such targets of Canadien wrath?

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post

Anyone else wonder what Turris and Conacher did to become such targets of Canadien wrath?
I`d rather have Stone in the lineup than Conacher, if he isn`t scoring than he isn`t doing much & he ain`t scoring. Stone at the least can contribute in the physical department but he can also score & go to the net. Skating fast around the perimeter doesn`t do anything but look like he can skate fast.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I`d rather have Stone in the lineup than Conacher, if he isn`t scoring than he isn`t doing much & he ain`t scoring. Stone at the least can contribute in the physical department but he can also score & go to the net. Skating fast around the perimeter doesn`t do anything but look like he can skate fast.
Did you watch the game last night? Conacher was pesky, he was finishing his checks with some authority, and he created a few chances. He was excellent. His speed also gave the Habs' defence fits, as he would win races to pucks or get into the offensive zone on the outside with his speed.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Wow !!! Did you drink too much last night ? Conacher had a puck bounce on him last night, he had double digit goals as a rookie. He finished his checks and got under the Canadiens skin all night. That first line (turris in particular) looked revitalized last night. HONEY BADGER has no fear !!!!! Great game tough kid.

Tampacuseforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Yes, I finally noticed him last & you are right he was fast & maybe even pesky but he is paid to put pts on the board. I don't expect him to throw a lot of hits or fight but it was nice to see that he doesn't back down either. However, he is paid to get pts & he hasn't done much of that since the trade, maybe it's coming I'm still waiting.

On the other hand I prefer Stone & would like to see what he can do. Afterall, Conacher has already been scratched once in the playoffs this yr, he hasn't been that good. He's still young & consistency is a problem with young guys so hopefully he can work through it but eventually someone will have to make room for Stone, don't you think?

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Yes, I finally noticed him last & you are right he was fast & maybe even pesky but he is paid to put pts on the board. I don't expect him to throw a lot of hits or fight but it was nice to see that he doesn't back down either. However, he is paid to get pts & he hasn't done much of that since the trade, maybe it's coming I'm still waiting.

On the other hand I prefer Stone & would like to see what he can do. Afterall, Conacher has already been scratched once in the playoffs this yr, he hasn't been that good. He's still young & consistency is a problem with young guys so hopefully he can work through it but eventually someone will have to make room for Stone, don't you think?
OK then

Old
05-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Magix

Wonder what he did to **** off the habs.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Ether Prodigy
Fearless Leader

Surprised he was benched for game 2 in the first place. He's always working hard and looked good in game 1, good in game 3.

Ether Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by magix View Post
Wonder what he did to **** off the habs.
He's little and easy to pick on. What bullies like to do. Rarely go after someone their size. DEFINITELY not anyone bigger, my word.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reg Season SC View Post
Surprised he was benched for game 2 in the first place. He's always working hard and looked good in game 1, good in game 3.
He had a great attitude about it, I was surprised as well. This kid has gone through an AHL season, coaching changes and a trade in just 48 games. He's played with dozens of different line combos on three teams this year. Surprised he has completely tanked. He's going to be a good one.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Magix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
He's little and easy to pick on. What bullies like to do. Rarely go after someone their size. DEFINITELY not anyone bigger, my word.
If the next game is a blow out, bourque and prust better be ready to answer for what they did.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 535
With all the abuse he took I think he can take a Gallagher like role tomorrow.

McManked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Here I Pageau Again

Feisty is a great word to describe this kid! He's little but he just gets in there and doesn't care.

Love that they called him Honey Badger in Tampa!

Here I Pageau Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 12:05 AM
MrPeterman

Quote:
Yup. Gotta love a guy based on a tape measure. How about Culek in for Pageau too?

If Stone comes in for anybody it should be Kassian.

MrPeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 12:33 AM
arglebargle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
They showed the slow mo replay on the big screen at the game last night. The puck hit some snow or a divot and bounced right over his stick as he went to shoot. Just unlucky.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 12:36 AM
arglebargle

The Habs were definitely targeting him late in the game but I think it was because all the Senators taller than 5'8" beat the snot out of them.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Mika Hoffmanijad

vCash: 966
the only way people can hate on conacher after the last game, is by not watching that game at all, he was stellar, unfourtantly he wasnt able to join the team on the score sheet

Mika Hoffmanijad is online now   Reply With Quote