HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

WC 1/4 FINALS | Game 4 | Ducks @ Red Wings 5 PM PT | TSN, CNBC, RDSI, KDOC, FS-D

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Sitting Perry or Ryan is never going to happen. Can you imagine the fallout if someone of their caliber was healthy scratched.

And yeah Getzlaf looked hurt but he also had some flashes where he looked like he was trying to take things into his own hands and was doing a bit too much. For him to not have a single hit is unusual though.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:19 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Vatanen in for Sbisa please.

I'd like to see Maroon in, but not for Beleskey, Palms or Etem.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
girlwithapuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Sitting Perry or Ryan is never going to happen. Can you imagine the fallout if someone of their caliber was healthy scratched.
Agreed. Sitting the superstars during the most important time of year is a cold-day-in-hell move. More than likely, BB would demote the superstars to lower lines in order to try to inspire better play/more hunger.

Getz hurting? Yeah, I can see that. He's the only one of the RPG that looks like he's even working.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:44 AM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Im not worried.

Coupoe of flukey goals they got and a couple of posts the ducks had. Last time detroit brought it to the ducks they came back and shut them out.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
CrazyDuck4u

Sit Sbisa and put Vantanen in for him.. Sbisa watched the play as brunner put in the GWG. His pinching led to many odd man rushes..hes just been plain horrible this whole season.. He has the skill but not the IQ.. Im soo raged at him right now.. How the **** do you just stand there and not try to make a play!! ugh!!!

Old
05-07-2013, 12:08 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

In the slide-show of a feed I had, I actually thought Ryan looked a tad better this game. Still not acceptable, but better than he has the rest of the year. I saw a couple of hits, a decent pass. A good push off meaning that I don't think he's injured (as some have speculated). Bad turnovers and such, but I saw more effort than before. That counts for something.

As for the rest of the game. Bleh. Some putrid PP too.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
DarthYenik

Sons of guns, they let the Wings walk all over them. But it really is too much to ask to win two in a row against the Wings in Joe Louis.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretik27 View Post
Guess I know now why Teemu only played 13.5 mins of ice time. Still though, the least ice time of the entire team?
Still having the same issues as during the regular season. No line chemistry with anyone. None of them seem to understand what he's going to do or where to go (give-and-go plays) and they seem to end up dumping the puck in the corner where there's no one else. Koivu's the only one knows how to play with him I guess that would screw up other lines. In general it seems Ducks line combinations are changing too much. You need to have steady lines' if you want to succeed in the playoffs. Constant line shuffling is a guaranteed mark of defeat.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Want a little giggle for the day?

Read this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...162110234.html

Here's the link to the original article:
http://www.mlive.com/sports/index.ss...ith_suspe.html

Last edited by Papaspud: 05-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old
05-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
I'm feeling a little schizophrenic about this loss.

On the one hand, we have a fairly young team and they're bound to have some ups and downs in the playoffs while they figure things out. Hiller was 98% brilliant. We only have to win our home games to advance. Even while dominating the Wings could barely pull out a win. Our scoring depth is keeping us in games we'd normally have no business being in.

Same hand, it's not the young players that are struggling really - it's the veterans. Hiller was 2% awful. That's the worst they've played against the Wings all season, which to me is a very troubling development at this late stage. The series is even and Zetterberg still hasn't factored - what if he starts? Why doesn't Boudreau leave well enough alone on certain lines? Is he psyched out by his own poor playoff record?

I'm cautiously optimistic but there are some really worrying signs.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
la patineuse

Why does Boudreau insist on keeping RPG together; that line has lost all of their chemistry and hasn't been good for sometime now. I have no idea what's up with Perry and Ryan, but if they can't pick up their game for the playoffs, the Ducks are in big trouble.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'm feeling a little schizophrenic about this loss.

On the one hand, we have a fairly young team and they're bound to have some ups and downs in the playoffs while they figure things out. Hiller was 98% brilliant. We only have to win our home games to advance. Even while dominating the Wings could barely pull out a win. Our scoring depth is keeping us in games we'd normally have no business being in.

Same hand, it's not the young players that are struggling really - it's the veterans. Hiller was 2% awful. That's the worst they've played against the Wings all season, which to me is a very troubling development at this late stage. The series is even and Zetterberg still hasn't factored - what if he starts? Why doesn't Boudreau leave well enough alone on certain lines? Is he psyched out by his own poor playoff record?

I'm cautiously optimistic but there are some really worrying signs.
that's more of a testament to hiller than the team. he was lights out yesterday. you can't be asking your goalie to make 46 saves on a nightly basis. if we had game 2 hiller (or an average goaltender) this game would've been 5-2 or 6-2 wings in regulation

Old
05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
that's more of a testament to hiller than the team. he was lights out yesterday. you can't be asking your goalie to make 46 saves on a nightly basis. if we had game 2 hiller (or an average goaltender) this game would've been 5-2 or 6-2 wings in regulation
Same can be said about Howard though, couple of real good saves, players missing open nets and hitting a post.

Both times Detroit won they just got the victory, and off of some very fortunate goals. Nothing to worry about at this point imo.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
girlwithapuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Want a little giggle for the day?

Read this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...162110234.html

Here's the link to the original article:
http://www.mlive.com/sports/index.ss...ith_suspe.html
This was straight up ridiculous.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Hiller only had to make a handful of real grade A saves though, it wasn't an 03 giguere 46 saves. Howard made half as many saves but I thought he was better.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
bumperkisser

just watching the repaly on that last goal. hiller makes the pokecheck save AND the backhand save until the 3rd one gets by him..

not much can be done about no one clearing it.. sigh that goal actually hurts the soul..

Old
05-07-2013, 02:16 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
That shot beat Hiller short side. Datsyuk made a great shot with what he was given. The problem was Hiller should have been further out of the net and cut down the angle to where Datsyuk had no short side to shoot at. That's on Hiller. When the goaltender plays it right, Datsyuk scores zero out of 1,000 tries from there.

The last goal was simply a case of, he who hesitates is lost. Play it or not, but be bold and don't hesitate. Don't get stuck in no mans land.

This game is exactly what I pointed out about Hiller's game when the series started. He makes some great saves and keeps us in the game. Then ****s up at the worst time and we lose a winnable game, even though it isn't solely his fault. This kind of goaltending will not win you a Cup.

Perry has had a piss poor year and it's continuing. We all hope he breaks out of it in the playoffs. Bobby is playing like he always does and we are hoping one of his hot streaks hits before the season ends.

Somebody remind me again how many goals Bobby has scored in the past so I can feel good about him now while he is a total no show.
i agreee that hiller definitely should've challenged more, the overview cam showed he was barely at the top of his crease. but the shot was still a fantastic shot since he had so much time to let it fly.

as for the last goal, he hesitated going out but he didn't get stuck in no man's land. he was thinking about coming out and then just played it like a normal breakaway.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
gradeAducksfan

Man I wanted to win last night!

The Ducks again let the Wings back into this series and I fear that the Wings are going to win this series now.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by gradeAducksfan: 05-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old
05-07-2013, 02:41 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Went last night. Funny how the NHL is getting hitting out of the game with the Abdelkader suspension but every time a Wing is touched it should be an automatic penalty. Completely clueless fans.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
The Ducks looked flat out exhausted last night. Better win tomorrow.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
The Ducks looked flat out exhausted last night. Better win tomorrow.
the question is why? they are playing the exact same schedule that we are.. how badly conditioned are our players?

Old
05-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
the question is why? they are playing the exact same schedule that we are.. how badly conditioned are our players?
Major major hangover from Cinco De Mayo is my guess

Old
05-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Major major hangover from Cinco De Mayo is my guess
I guess Cinco de Drinko isn't a holiday in Detwaaa.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
Winning while scoring only 2 goals is going to be tough

Closed Thread