HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Going forth and beyond

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Laboeuf

vCash: 500
Going forth and beyond

1. I think we will get knocked out first round. We will learn from this and management will make adjustments.

2. Its starts up top, JJ Daigneault needs to go. Our defense are running around like chickens with their head cut off. Pierre Groulx is the goaltending coach needs to be fired also.

3. Its really hard trading Carey Price but we should explore that option. Since the start Price has been Gainey's boy which is why the team chose Price over Huet, Halak, both of whom outplayed Price in the past. Jonathan Bernier of Los Angeles needs to chance.

4. This playoffs give management a view of how weak our defense is. Aside from PK Subban and Andrei Markov, we don't have that 3-4th players. Josh Gorges isn't build to play 24 mins, though I like Gorges, I feel he's best as a 5th defenseman. I would be happy with Gorges-Emelin being 5-6th dmen. Boullion is 38, I don't think he has anything left especially for a smaller player.

5. David Desharnais isn't built for the playoffs. He needs to play with bigger forwards to be successful ie Erik Cole, Max Pacioretty. I just think Desharnais is turning into Gomez. We see him cross the offensive zone then turn back and look for a pass, much like Gomez. Defense reads this and doesn't back off.

6. We need some toughness in the lineup. Moen is shades of his old self. White is small and can't really fight. Armstrong pretty much needs a wheelchair.

7. We didn't win important faceoffs. I think we need Halpern type on the 4th line.

8. Gionta is getting old, but his size gives him that limitation that he cannot be a force in the playoffs.

Here are some moves I think we should do:

-Trade for Bernier for a prospect and draft pick
-I would be ok if we trade Price and Gorges to Chicago for Brent Seabrook and Cory Crawford
-Trade Gionta back to NJ for Henrik Tallinder
-Trade Desharnais and a draft pick for Steve Downie
-Sign Valtteri Filppula (6'0" 190lbs)to replace Desharnais
-I'm itching to give Gallagher the captaincy.

Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Filppula-Leblanc/Downie
Bourque-Plekanec (A)-Kristo
White-Bournival-Dumont

Subban-Seabrook (C)
Emelin-Markov (A)
Tallinder-Tinordi/Beaulieu/Boullion

Bernier
Crawford

Old
05-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Habskrieg

Lol ok... Yes, we were totally humiliated yesterday. Series isn't over however. You've obviously given up hope. And no offense, but if you think we can get all those changes, you're totally delusional.

And btw, there's already a thread for this kind of stuff.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1407831

Old
05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
poetryinmotion

We will win tomorrow and your post will look silly.

But just for fun...

1. Already covered it.
2. Yes please.
3. Do not trade Price.
4. The defense is a mystery. I have no idea how it could have crumbled like this just because we lost Emelin, its baffling. Maybe we need Emelin more than we think... should make for a very good discussion in a separate thread as this is a loaded question.
5. Give Desharnais next season to prove himself again, how quickly do we forget he is a sophomore - and yes I am equally as irritated with him as everyone else is. We have no choice anyways (see contract).
6. Agree'd these two players were MIA all year, at least White tried his best the only way he knows how.
7. Or hire Carbonneau as face-offs consultant. I don't see why they couldn't do that.
8. Gionta must go, simple. Give his contract to someone that deserves it. I'd love to hear anyone argue this but I doubt there will be any takers.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
PCMN

And what do you do with Eller?

Old
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Is this thread for your NHL 13 team??

Old
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
BrimStone64

I don't think the Hawks will deal Seabrook for Price when Crawford has better numbers and at a fraction of Price's contract. But I agree with you unless Price plays better we'll be on the golf course shortly. He's got to steal a couple of games. That's what he is paid for. He lost game 1, maybe he needs to steal 3?

Old
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
1. I think we will get knocked out first round. We will learn from this and management will make adjustments.
The series is 2-1 ... losing 6-1 or losing 3-2 in 9 overtimes only gives them 1 game won more than us, series is FAR from over, we will bounce back

3. Its really hard trading Carey Price but we should explore that option. Since the start Price has been Gainey's boy which is why the team chose Price over Huet, Halak, both of whom outplayed Price in the past. Jonathan Bernier of Los Angeles needs to chance.
You sir need too get your head checked if you think Bernier is better than Carey Price

4. This playoffs give management a view of how weak our defense is. Aside from PK Subban and Andrei Markov, we don't have that 3-4th players. Josh Gorges isn't build to play 24 mins, though I like Gorges, I feel he's best as a 5th defenseman. I would be happy with Gorges-Emelin being 5-6th dmen. Boullion is 38, I don't think he has anything left especially for a smaller player.
Aside from Markov? Markov was the worst D on the ice yesterday, I was sitting in the ScotiaBank Place shaking my head over and over at the boneheaded plays he was making. People fail too realize how big Emelin was/is for us

5. David Desharnais isn't built for the playoffs. He needs to play with bigger forwards to be successful ie Erik Cole, Max Pacioretty. I just think Desharnais is turning into Gomez. We see him cross the offensive zone then turn back and look for a pass, much like Gomez. Defense reads this and doesn't back off.
isnt built for playoffs? He isnt built for anything in the NHL, he stinks, that's all that needs too be said, he gets tossed from EVERY faceoff he takes, after a while you learn that whatever your doing is wrong, switch it up. Dont ask him too a win a battle because lord knows he's affraid of his own shadow, stay up on your damn feet.

7. We didn't win important faceoffs. I think we need Halpern type on the 4th line.
No **** we dont win any faceoffs, we acquired Halpern too win us faceoffs, we dont dress him

you think WAY TOO HIGHLY off Bernier, you must know him personally
-I would be ok if we trade Price and Gorges to Chicago for Brent Seabrook and Cory Crawford
Crawford benefits from an ELITE hockey team, he is not as good as his stats show
a player and a draft pick for Downie? thank god you're not running this team

thats a 2nd line?? you're crazier than I thought
White-Bournival-Dumont

Those forward lines = back too 15th place, please stop trying

Subban-Seabrook (C)
Emelin-Markov (A)

Bernier
Crawford

Old
05-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post

2. Its starts up top, JJ Daigneault needs to go. Our defense are running around like chickens with their head cut off. Pierre Groulx is the goaltending coach needs to be fired also.

6. We need some toughness in the lineup. Moen is shades of his old self. White is small and can't really fight. Armstrong pretty much needs a wheelchair.

8. Gionta is getting old, but his size gives him that limitation that he cannot be a force in the playoffs.

-Trade Gionta back to NJ for Henrik Tallinder
-Sign Valtteri Filppula (6'0" 190lbs)to replace Desharnais
-I'm itching to give Gallagher the captaincy.

White-Bournival-Dumont

Subban-Seabrook (C)
Emelin-Markov (A)

Bernier
Crawford
Markov is signed for a lot of money, may want to check his playoff stats and performance !!

Old
05-06-2013, 05:29 PM
ThaDevilGirl

A+. Would read again.

Closed Thread