HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The Score - Shawn Matthias on trade block. Canucks interested?

Old
11-17-2013, 11:27 AM
SpaceCowboy

vCash: 500
The Score - Shawn Matthias on trade block. Canucks interested?

Per TheScore app. Shawn Matthias on the trade block with Canucks interest. Value? Possible pieces involved? What other teams might bite?

Last edited by piqued: 11-17-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: prefix
SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:35 AM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
Per TheScore app. Shawn Matthias on the trade block with Canucks interest. Value? Possible pieces involved? What other teams might bite?
Leafs Probably not anymore though.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:38 AM
detredWINgs

Oh ****. There goes Detroit's 1st round pick.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
I would think a lot of teams would be interested. Young bottom six forwards with good size.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
Tanev for Matthias and Weaver?

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:47 AM
CarknerCountry

I know its eklund but he is reporting florida and sens are in talk for a 2 for 2 deal.

CarknerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Lundface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Tanev for Matthias and Weaver?
Just waive Tanev for **** sakes

Lundface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'd love Matthias, he would fill our hole at #3C for this season. We have a good trading relationship with Florida as well, which bodes well for the validity. I'm not sure what Florida would be looking for in return, I'd be hard pressed to include Tanev in the deal. I'd prefer to send a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect back. Would that be close? What are Florida's needs right now?

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd love Matthias, he would fill our hole at #3C for this season. We have a good trading relationship with Florida as well, which bodes well for the validity. I'm not sure what Florida would be looking for in return, I'd be hard pressed to include Tanev in the deal. I'd prefer to send a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect back. Would that be close? What are Florida's needs right now?
They need offensive prospects.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Chet Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
We don't want to get rid of Tanev. Some Canucks fans include him in every proposal for some reason. He isn't being moved.

Chet Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:14 PM
SpaceCowboy

Schroeder or Jensen? Do either of those make sense?

SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
I'd do Schroeder for Matthias, doubt Florida would though.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Nope. Neither does much for the Panthers.

I would expect a trade that involves Matthias to the Nucks would be for a vet D with salary coming back. Alternatively, the Cats really need a young goalie type so may be Lack might be involved.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post

I would expect a trade that involves Matthias to the Nucks would be for a vet D with salary coming back. Alternatively, the Cats really need a young goalie type so may be Lack might be involved.
Which of our vet D would appeal to tallon?

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Why would they do that? The guy is a second pairing D-man pushed down by Vancouver's depth.

I'm pretty sure the only reason he's included all the time is because the Canucks would be dealing from a position of strength to address their lacking C depth. Fans actually like the guy, they just know he can be replaced by Corrado right away.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:30 PM
ohnoeszz

I like Matthias but Tanev is a far better player. I'd offer Schroeder + a 3rd. Schroeder can still become a really good player but he needs ice time and some opportunity. The Canucks don't have much of that to offer and their system isn't the greatest fit for him (a lot of board play). They also aren't in a spot to be waiting around for a guy.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Saucenikov

vCash: 485
Please leafs go get him

Saucenikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
GernBlanston

Florida is in a weird situation, IMO. We obviously need some talent, but we have a great young core in place who, if they develop on schedule, will make us a solid young team in the next 2 years. So, if we can trade some of our guys that 1) have some value at this point, and 2) we're actually willing to part with, what do we need in return?

From the 'nucks, There aren't any forwards (who don't live on the first line and would never be traded) that I'd give up Matthias for. He's already a slightly more talented Santorelli... Defense? I've heard good things about Tanev, but don't really know. I doubt Vancouver makes Bieksa available, but I think he'd be a good fit in the new coach's philosophy where D is expected to cycle forward and get involved in the forecheck. Lack? There is a lot of talk about Markstrom possibly not being the savior that he was expected to be (although he's still young and the jury is still decidedly out), so I'm not counting that possibility out - though you'd have to take Clemmensen in the deal.

I just don't know what sort of trade would work here. We're playing better under the new guy, but we're a mess. I just don't know what is going to make us better at this point other than 2 years of seasoning for guys like Bjugstad, Petrovic, Shore, Huberdeau, and Barkov.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:38 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
I know its eklund but he is reporting florida and sens are in talk for a 2 for 2 deal.
So these two teams aren't talking then. Dwayne is full of BS.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:39 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Would totally do Matthias and a pick/prospect for a solid veteran D

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post

Jensen seems to make perfect sense to me. Lack makes zero sense, unless you've soured on Markstrom. That said, I don't really know the Panther's needs, but I thought you would be looking for young wingers.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
BoKnows53

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
Florida is in a weird situation, IMO. We obviously need some talent, but we have a great young core in place who, if they develop on schedule, will make us a solid young team in the next 2 years. So, if we can trade some of our guys that 1) have some value at this point, and 2) we're actually willing to part with, what do we need in return?

From the 'nucks, There aren't any forwards (who don't live on the first line and would never be traded) that I'd give up Matthias for. He's already a slightly more talented Santorelli... Defense? I've heard good things about Tanev, but don't really know. I doubt Vancouver makes Bieksa available, but I think he'd be a good fit in the new coach's philosophy where D is expected to cycle forward and get involved in the forecheck. Lack? There is a lot of talk about Markstrom possibly not being the savior that he was expected to be (although he's still young and the jury is still decidedly out), so I'm not counting that possibility out - though you'd have to take Clemmensen in the deal.

I just don't know what sort of trade would work here. We're playing better under the new guy, but we're a mess. I just don't know what is going to make us better at this point other than 2 years of seasoning for guys like Bjugstad, Petrovic, Shore, Huberdeau, and Barkov.
You're dreaming if you think Bieksa will be involved in a trade for Matthias. You'll likely get Schroeder, or one of our expendable bottom 6 forwards. Low draft picks will probably be thrown in as well.

His size would really help us against these California teams

BoKnows53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post

That last step is hard to take though...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:46 PM
GernBlanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnows53 View Post
You're dreaming if you think Bieksa will be involved in a trade for Matthias. You'll likely get Schroeder, or one of our expendable bottom 6 forwards. Low draft picks will probably be thrown in as well.

His size would really help us against these California teams
No, no... as I said, "I doubt Vancouver makes Bieksa available". I was just throwing stuff out there. I'm honestly not sure what we'd need to get back from Matthias, but I do know that Kulikov is likely on the block as well. So either there's gonna be a package for a top-6 guy, or we're going to have to fill some holes - most likely a top-4 Dman. I don't think Bieksa for Matthias even up is a real trade. Just brainstorming here.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote